**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
so much of my everyday life is now dependent upon phone verification, I felt I needed to get another and have my current one as a backup.

I flashed the ROM on my phone and forgot to backup my Google Authenticator, was a pain to sort out! It has a built in backup option now which I'll try next time!

Last edited:
Soldato
Just managed to get a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro - 128GB - Onyx Grey for under £120 from auction brand new. Is this a half decent phone as was looking at coming back to android as giving my kid the iphone I have. Will really just be used for browsing and photos and authenticator etc not really hardcore gaming. Seemed a decent price but was looking at a pixel 4a. Had chinese phones from Xiaomi in the past so used to the skin

Permabanned
Just managed to get a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro - 128GB - Onyx Grey for under £120 from auction brand new. Is this a half decent phone as was looking at coming back to android as giving my kid the iphone I have. Will really just be used for browsing and photos and authenticator etc not really hardcore gaming. Seemed a decent price but was looking at a pixel 4a. Had chinese phones from Xiaomi in the past so used to the skin

I went from a 4a to a Note 10 Pro and I really don't regret it. The pixel is great as a cheap, pure android experience with a great camera for the price, but the battery life just couldn't cut it. I'd often times have to charge halfway through the day which was endlessly frustrating.

Note 10 pro lasts 2 days with medium to heavy use, has a better screen, louder speakers and a faster charging speed and MiUI is considerably better to get on with then it was even 2 years ago. Can't speak for how it games but it's plenty snappy when it comes to day to day things. It really is quite remarkable just how much phone you can get for £200 these days. It's completely put me off the idea of forking out £40 a month for the latest and greatest flagship.

at £140 you've got yourself a steal there. I paid £230 for mine and that was only around a month ago.

Soldato
So far its fantastic the only thing I'm missing is Wifi calling not working on Virgin and wireless charging. Seen an adaptor to enable wireless charging though so might give it a go. Screen its fantastic and super bright compared to Iphone 11

Soldato
I'm after a case for my Poco f3. Looking for a clear case like the one that comes with the phone. Any recommendations?

I know there's loads for about £4 on eBay but I don't want to keep buying them and there crap

Caporegime
I'm tempted by the Poco F3 as it consistently seems to come out top of the budget/lower-end of mid-range.

The only thing that I'm aware of that's putting me off is the lack of a headphone jack.

Others that I'm considering are the Poco X3, Redmit Note 10 Pro (5G), Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite, Nokia XR20.

There are others though I can't remember them all now, lol. I suppose what I'm after is something in that kind of price range that has a 'more' premium feel to it,
or let's say something that doesn't look too cheap and nasty.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm tempted by the Poco F3 as it consistently seems to come out near top/top of the budget/lower-end of mid-range.

The only thing that I'm aware of that's putting me off is the lack of a headphone jack.

Others that I'm considering are the Poco X3, Redmit Note 10 Pro (5G), Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite, Nokia XR20.

There are others though I can't remember them all now, lol. I suppose what I'm after is something in that kind of price range that has a 'more' premium feel to it,
or let's say something that doesn't look to cheap and nasty.

You do get an adaptor with it, so you can still use your headphones. Bluetooth heads are the way forward tho. My son has the X3 and there's not much difference. The f3 is slimmer and a bit lighter.

I'm tempted by the Poco F3 as it consistently seems to come out near top/top of the budget/lower-end of mid-range.

or let's say something that doesn't look to cheap and nasty.

Regarding no headphones jack you have a few options, more people are using a device like a BTR5 Bluetooth adaptor these days, it's a tiny wireless amp/dac that you can plug your headphones into and it connects to your phone via Bluetooth, the BTR5 will sound a lot better than what a phones headphone jack could output as well as phones headphones jack aren't particularly powerful.

If that isn't your cup of tea wireless headphones and true wireless IEM's are getting a lot better these days and cheaper, I use Huawei Free Buds Pro which you can get as low at £75 and a lot of reviewers rate them over the Apple Airpods Pro.

Go Poco F3, big performance jump over the X3.

Last edited:
Caporegime
What the best right now for camera with not the stupid Samsung and Iphone prices?

Been happy with Oneplus nord all this time but fancy a change.

I'm no expert but I remember watching one review (about a selection of phones) where the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro was mentioned as having a very good camera (108mp).
It is also extremely good value for money, though the one I'm thinking of doesn't have 5G but I do believe there are different versions available.

----------

If I buy a new phone, how do I know whether my sim in my current phone will work in the new one? I intend to buy the phone outright. I'm currently with giffgaff.

Ahh, I see that it needs to be unlocked but I don't see whether it is from the Xiaomi website?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom