What have you done to your car today?

OcUK Staff
Did someone say cold start? :D

Will have to do a proper cold start video at some point, always start filming too late, but just love the noise. :D

Soldato
I got my little dents removed today by the paintless dent repair guy attached to our local body shop. Looks great but he wanted pics and getting them on a shiny black car was such a nightmare.

Associate
Not what i've done to my car, but what someone else has done to theirs.
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-de...ion=at_cars&include-delivery-option=on&page=1
285f7af8c7244c188379600e325fb1a3.jpg

Soldato
Did someone say cold start? :D

Will have to do a proper cold start video at some point, always start filming too late, but just love the noise. :D

Bet your neighbours will be glad when you go all electric. :eek:

Took wife out today to show her how to do an Italian tune up.
So much better ride going from 18" with rubber bands on to 16" with 55 side walls.

Man of Honour
Had a fun Sunday drive. Roads were dry for a change, so the car stayed mostly clean and I could stretch it’s legs. Getting more comfortable driving it and used to the grip that it offers. Was not disappointed by the tunnel runs, for a stock exhaust, albeit the sport option it’s darn impressive.

Soldato
Emptied the catch can, polished the engine bay of water marks, sprayed ACF50 everywhere it needed to go... hoovered the interior, leather and interior detailed... now trying to decide on tyres as fronts are now starting to show wear and tear and need all 4... looking at 275/40/20 on the fronts and 315/35/20's on the rear (yes it's staggered on the SRT8). Just can't decide on what ones as they're gonna need doing in the next few weeks I think.

Soldato
Found ACF50 pretty good but it needs redoing every few months or so.
Yeah I used to spray all over my Motorbike every winter and then cover as it weas stored outside not a spec of rust over 6 years of owning... great stuff and lasts a lot longer than WD40 different tech though for different purpose. I swear by the stuff!

So basically sprayed it all over sturt mounts, nuts/bolts and anything that normally rusts... all in engine bay and also on bits around doors etc Anything I can see that normally rusts, boom it's covered lol

Man of Honour
Yeah I used to spray all over my Motorbike every winter and then cover as it weas stored outside not a spec of rust over 6 years of owning... great stuff and lasts a lot longer than WD40 different tech though for different purpose. I swear by the stuff!

So basically sprayed it all over sturt mounts, nuts/bolts and anything that normally rusts...

Yup tried a few similar products and they were rubbish - used ACF50 and it was 8-10 months or so before there was a single sign of any new corrosion (usually would have started to show after a month max).

Soldato
Had the Motorsport Developments 280bhp remap installed on my Focus. A modest 30bhp up from standard, but quite a considerable increase in torque - from 260 to 340 lb-ft. It's transformed it. It pulls quite a bit harder in every gear, especially at motorway speeds. 3rd pretty much feels like 2nd, and full throttle in 2nd is strictly a dry weather activity :D

It's added even more of a fun factor to how it drives, and I love it.

Soldato
Picked up some spark plugs for ~£2 each (following on from another thread) copper plugs for the win. :D

Also dropped it off at a local restoration garage to get the underside rust repaired/under-sealed, rear subframe stripped/sand blasted/powder coated and poly bushed. not looking forward to that bill!

Soldato
Picked up some spark plugs for ~£2 each (following on from another thread) copper plugs for the win. :D

Also dropped it off at a local restoration garage to get the underside rust repaired/under-sealed, rear subframe stripped/sand blasted/powder coated and poly bushed. not looking forward to that bill!
Once you've sorted underneath, get some Lanoguard on it mate!!!

Back
Top Bottom