• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Asus confirm it will ignore MSRP for 6500XT

Caporegime
Asus has been doing this since they got into the gpu market, even when cards were reference design they slapped their sticker on it and priced it higher than the rest. :cry:

Soldato
TBH, even at an MSRP of $199 this pile of rubbish would be overpriced. At 299 Euro it insults anyone's intelligence. AMD deserve to take a very large kick in the teeth for this..................i really do hope they sell next to none of them.
The 3050 being at £400 is an even bigger insult to the intelligence :mad:

Man of Honour
Thing with Asus - they don't stand by their supposedly premium product lines with a similar level of after-service and in many cases despite fancy features, etc. often use cheap and nasty switches, cheap capacitors, etc.

Soldato
Thing with Asus - they don't stand by their supposedly premium product lines with a similar level of after-service and in many cases despite fancy features, etc. often use cheap and nasty switches, cheap capacitors, etc.

I bought an Asus ROG 980 Ti Matrix Platinum brand new that upon boot blew a capacitor near the power plugs, I went to the retailer, Said I had to go through Asus, Asus tried to blame me, Then tried to blame the PSU I was using and only after me threatening to make it a legal matter as they were not holding true to their warranty did they then replace the faulty part, I've had nothing but bad experiences with Asus, But this is what happens when companies aren't held to a standard with zero regulation, They use cheap components, Have terrible CS and charge the earth.

Caporegime
I bought an Asus ROG 980 Ti Matrix Platinum brand new that upon boot blew a capacitor near the power plugs, I went to the retailer, Said I had to go through Asus, Asus tried to blame me, Then tried to blame the PSU I was using and only after me threatening to make it a legal matter as they were not holding true to their warranty did they then replace the faulty part, I've had nothing but bad experiences with Asus, But this is what happens when companies aren't held to a standard with zero regulation, They use cheap components, Have terrible CS and charge the earth.

And you *still* buy Asus stuff...

image.png

Associate
They will all do the same, the ball is already rolling at a high speed so they will all ingore the MSRP because they know they can.

They have been doing it for a year now so they know we have no choice, either pay or go without.

MSRP may be a long time coming back, the prices are now inflated for a long time, we bought them at inflated prices so it's not going to stop.

They may regret it though as I already know a few friends sho are going console, I too am looking for a PS5 but so far just missed out but I will get one.

PC gaming could be in trouble if a decent graphics card cant be had fo £400, the prices right now are crazy.

Don
You do know the market is demanding an actual low end product? Other than this, theres worn out RX 480`s or £80 GT 730`s (or £200 GTX 1050ti)

Indeed - AMD are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

The fact they are trying to bring out an affordable 1080P card for Fortnite/Counterstrike/Latest popular streaming game, should be a good thing.

Yes the 64 bit memory bus isn't ideal, hopefully it's offset somewhat by the Infinity Cache, but no one knows how it will perform until benchmarks surface.
4GB again isn't ideal, but if it reduces the amount of coins that can be mined, reduces costs, and is still reasonable for the target market, why is it a bad thing?

Back
Top Bottom