BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
I do find that somewhat hard to believe when the price difference between the two is around £30k!

Plus who feels a 500+ bhp electric vehicle the size of an X5 but with less luggage capacity is reasonable at that price (£91k)?
BIK

On the Housey/Fox discussion - I really like that 6 Series GT. Is the warranty cost significantly more?

Caporegime
No it's the same as a 5 Series. Another plus.

It's also huge, there is more boot capacity than a 5 series touring.

Isnt the 6 series better equipped as standard as well like you get full electric seats and adaptive LED headlights as standard? Okay costs more money when new but if they are the same price used then its a no brainer to buy the 6 series IMO so long as you like the look of them.

I've always thought of the 6 series as a cut down 7 series rather than a tarted up 5 series.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Thanks for that some really good pointers. F10 makes no sense so binned that idea I think unless I go dirt cheap.

I do rate the new 3 series but prefer the 5 I think still. 6 GT I’d not considered and it looks better than the old 5 GT but still unsure. Need to go look I think.
Current 3 is great, but not a 5. Take a serious look at the 6 GT, if not a 7.
People who ordered them straight away from launch got December delivery in the UK. last i heard any current new orders on the ix50 is at least July for the UK unless you take a pre built slot if its available and not get the exact spec you want? I know I guy who took a March demonstrator delivery slot from a BMW dealer as he wasnt prepared to wait until July (that was back in December)

ix40 seem in plentiful supply and available in short build times.

I have heard rumours that pretty much every ix50 is almost sold for 2022 production. Vastly outselling the the ix40s.
I was told by my BMW dealer that there's no chance getting an ix50 any time soon, or indeed an i4 for that matter. Realistically 2023 delivery.
No problem with ix40s though. Loads in stock all over the place.

Man of Honour
Isnt the 6 series better equipped as standard as well like you get full electric seats and adaptive LED headlights as standard? Okay costs more money when new but if they are the same price used then its a no brainer to buy the 6 series IMO so long as you like the look of them.

Yes, this is exactly what is so good about them. I talked my Dad into one back in 2019 and he's really pleased with it. When he bought his they were actually cheaper than a lower specified 5 Series Touring with the same engine, this has reversed a bit lately but they still offer great value.

The interior etc is all 5 series (Just like the A7 is an A6 really).

I've always thought of the 6 series as a cut down 7 series rather than a tarted up 5 series.

It is and always has been a nicer 5 Series. The current model is the replacement for the old 5GT, the previous model was basically a 5 Series Coupe/Convertible with a nicer interior. Both wonderful cars.

I think the 7 Series thing comes from the fact when the original 5GT was launched in 2009 the narrative in all of the reviews was about how it was based on the 7 Series platform, rather than the 5 Series. This was at the time true but only because the 7 Series was the recently introduced F01 and the 5 Series was still the E60. The F10 5 Series came out 6 months later and was also on that platform.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
It's closer than ever though. So close, I think its well worth a look. The current 3 Series is IMHO the best 3 Series since the E46, if not the best 3 Series ever.
Totally agree. Pretty much the same size as the E39, which is the best 5 Series ever so it’s all good ;)

Man of Honour
Going to see the 330 Thursday 11am.

'Offered' me the £250 pay to hold the car......which I decided not to.

If it's sold I'll find another.

Associate
Have a strange issue with my 2015 F11 535D, I think there may be a leak in the air suspension? I don't get any errors on the iDrive system but I can visually see that's it has dropped. Once I start the engine, I can see the rear of the car raise. I don't think it is impacting the driving and it doesn't always happen. For example, the car has been sat for 4 days and didn't drop but dropped on Saturday despite being used quite regularly. I'm guessing it's a leak in one of the air bags? Expensive fix?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Get it sorted ASAP, the sooner the better. I left mine a little while and they had to replace the pump and all 3 shocks. Cost me 4.5k

Man of Honour
Have a strange issue with my 2015 F11 535D, I think there may be a leak in the air suspension? I don't get any errors on the iDrive system but I can visually see that's it has dropped. Once I start the engine, I can see the rear of the car raise. I don't think it is impacting the driving and it doesn't always happen. For example, the car has been sat for 4 days and didn't drop but dropped on Saturday despite being used quite regularly. I'm guessing it's a leak in one of the air bags? Expensive fix?

Most likely to be the passenger side rear air bag with a split in it. It isn't outrageously expensive I don't think.

Associate
Get it sorted ASAP, the sooner the better. I left mine a little while and they had to replace the pump and all 3 shocks. Cost me 4.5k

Ouch, I hope that was under warranty!

Most likely to be the passenger side rear air bag with a split in it. It isn't outrageously expensive I don't think.

I think it's both sides. I've got it booked in and hopefully it's not a massive bill!

Man of Honour
At a BMW dealer it will be very expensive. I haven't studied it in great detail, but each part of the system (shock x2 & compressor) should be no more than £3-400 each at worst...

Associate
Had a notification this morning that my keyfob battery was discharged/depleted, easy enough to swap over to the one from the spare key but would have thought the batteries should last longer than 10 months? I imagine it's the comfort access that causes this as didn't have any flat batteries in the previous 340i (was still keyless ignition, just not comfort access).

It's due back in to the dealers in Feb at some point when the heated seat element is due in from Germany, so I might as well see if they will replace the spare key battery for free (easy enough to do, but it's going in anyway and I don't have any spare batteries floating around at home).

Back
Top Bottom