Needle spiking again...

Caporegime
I thought this had gone away after the "spike" in cases of #MeToo claims when a bunch of girls who'd presumably drunk a bit too in various cities decided that they too had been jabbed with a needle, strangely these all occurred within days of each other following some press reports.

Now it's on the BBC website again:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-59959694
A parliamentary committee also heard calls for more staff training, easier ways to report attacks and spiking to be made a specific offence.

The House of Commons' Home Affairs Committee opened an inquiry into spiking incidents in December.

Ms Owen, a French and Spanish student at the University of Nottingham, said she went with her friends to Pryzm nightclub in Nottingham city centre, but cannot remember anything else from the evening.

She said she was found on her own in a takeaway, and in the morning found a pin ***** mark on her leg.

There is an explanation thrown in too as there is the obvious question of why would someone spike girls and then... nothing happens to them other than the claimed effect of being spiked (which is rather similar to getting very drunk).

While speaking to MPs, she was asked about what she thought was the motivation for the attack.

She said: "For humour, for comedic effect.

"It's a question I have asked myself - what's the gain from this, what drives somebody to inject somebody with a drug?

"It's a sadistic feeling someone must have, to do it for fun when it is so dangerous.

"It's mind-blowing someone could drive themselves to that act."

Strangely enough despite all these incidents, there doesn't seem to have been a single person caught? Unless I've perhaps missed that? Presumably, the nightclubs themselves have CCTV yet I've not heard anything about even CCTV footage of an unknown suspect being seen "spiking" someone with a needle. It doesn't even seem particularly practical - spiking, where it occurs, is most commonly done with alcohol.

Though when studied it's turned out that claims of spiking are often false - the vast majority of the time someone claiming to have been spiked just got too drunk. This sort of claim is taking it one step further... none of them seem to claim to have seen anyone inject them, the claims are that they woke up and are adamant they were spiked and then found a small mark on their leg etc..

Yet there doesn't seem to be much in the way of critical coverage of this. Are journalists to worried about causing outrage if they question the obvious post "#MeToo" - the right on stance is to "believe women: etc...

Caporegime
OP
I only found one man arrested, back in Oct last year but nothing more after a quick interweb search -

https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/19/nott...n-spiked-with-needles-in-nightclubs-15447620/

Good spot. I guess they didn't find anything to charge him then. Perhaps he was in close proximity for a bit on the CCTV or something?

Nottinghamshire Police said a man had since been bailed but the force did not say which incident the arrest was in relation to, the BBC reports.

Detectives are now looking at toxicology reports and trawling through CCTV footage.

It comes as another nightclub in the city, Stealth, said it had also received reports of two women feeling unwell, who suspected they had been spiked.

I don't doubt that there exist in the UK some lunatics who might go and do such a thing, the notion of it being so widespread that all these cases appeared within days just seems so unlikely. Especially with not a single one of them caught. Also are they all supposed to have done it alone or is this supposed to be a thing groups of lads are into - just bizare.

Caporegime
Double edged sword, triple edged if you are a vorlon.

Without any evidence and just opinion i also doubt many drinks are truly spiked.
However every claim must be investigated as real incase that one time a scumbag can be taken out of society.
It's too much a part of folklore and TV drama these days.
Maybe I'm just lucky I've never moved in circles where it always happens.... Like American college dramas. It's so cliché.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Drink spiking happens, quite often around cities. I had mine spiked by what could have only have been the establishment barman, luckily I have a high tolerance so managed to notice the effects and get out. My assumption is their intention was to rob my gold.

The needle spiking thing is a strange one. There used to be reports of HIV positive nutters doing similar in clubs, but in terms of drugging people it seems extremely outlandish.

Man of Honour
The needle spiking thing is a strange one. There used to be reports of HIV positive nutters doing similar in clubs, but in terms of drugging people it seems extremely outlandish.

Used to happen, very very rarely, in the clubs in the town I grew up in. I think there was 3 incidents, 2 of them HIV related, in like 20 years.

EDIT: I can't remember now but I think one of them wasn't actually needle spiking but rivalry between 2 clubs where one of the owners was a nut-case and was trying to trash the reputation of the other and eventually ended up in jail for drug dealing.

Man of Honour
I inject myself multiple times a week and even knowing where I've injected 9 times out of 10 I couldn't spot an injection mark. Yet these people who have probably never actually seen one manage to pick it out from random body parts.

Soldato
Be a right farce to create a specific offence for a crime that by the weight of evidence, probably doesn't happen.

At least among the innumerable cases of people incapacitating themselves with alcohol poisoning there's evidence that drugging of drinks with something other than more alcohol occasionally happens.

Hope they get together some certain evidence that needle drugging is a thing before making a law about it.

Man of Honour
I needle myself twice a day and I challenge anybody to see where I did it so I doubt it will be noticeable in the morning.
Even recent Covid jabs, most peoples aren't visible.
Also what exactly is the delivery method?
Somebody suggested an Epi-Pen type device but looking at my daughters you can't get in them so are there Chinese models where you can fill them with date rape drugs?
Yes drinks getting spiked 100% because I've witnessed several people but the syringe in a club sounds far fetched.

Associate
Disgusting that the BBC promote this, disgusting that so many are uncritical and don't tell the girls that cry wolf that they were just drunk.
Disgusting that they talk about needling which doesn't happen and then slide into drink spiking.

Soldato
Disgusting that the BBC promote this, disgusting that so many are uncritical and don't tell the girls that cry wolf that they were just drunk.
Disgusting that they talk about needling which doesn't happen and then slide into drink spiking.

Are you trying to tell us you’re disgusted? :confused:

Caporegime
Drink spiking happens, quite often around cities. I had mine spiked by what could have only have been the establishment barman, luckily I have a high tolerance so managed to notice the effects and get out. My assumption is their intention was to rob my gold.

Care to elaborate where when? It's an interesting story. Np if you don't wanna :p. im nosey/bored.

Associate
So your claiming drugs cant be administered by needle? Are you sure about that?
Double edged sword, triple edged if you are a vorlon.

Without any evidence and just opinion i also doubt many drinks are truly spiked.
However every claim must be investigated as real incase that one time a scumbag can be taken out of society.
It's too much a part of folklore and TV drama these days.
Maybe I'm just lucky I've never moved in circles where it always happens.... Like American college dramas. It's so cliché.

The scumbags are the girls that pretend they were spiked. No doubt they manage to convince some blokes to assault whoever they think may have done it.. probably the ugly guy.

Back
Top Bottom