• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Asus confirm it will ignore MSRP for 6500XT

Soldato
TBH, even at an MSRP of $199 this pile of rubbish would be overpriced. At 299 Euro it insults anyone's intelligence. AMD deserve to take a very large kick in the teeth for this..................i really do hope they sell next to none of them.
The 3050 being at £400 is an even bigger insult to the intelligence :mad:

If I'm a budget gamer looking for an upgrade that involves the GPU, there is only 3 options right now:

* Buy an APU for your desktop like 5700g
* Buy a gaming laptop
* Switch to console gaming

With these prices there is no desktop gpu you can buy that makes logical sense, the only stuff not being scalped by the manufacturer and which can output graphics is APUs, Consoles and Laptops

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
The APUs are good if you must have a Pc, but for general gaming, the console is the better option imho.

This. I must admit back in the days of the talk in APU's (kaveri) I thought it wouldn't be long till this would have been the option by now. Although now dGPU's seem to have entered a new tier structure of high prices, the only option of this being a cheap reality is in the hands of the companies that want us to pay a grand for high end. So they wont want to cut that markets legs.

Soldato
If I'm a budget gamer looking for an upgrade that involves the GPU, there is only 3 options right now:

* Buy an APU for your desktop like 5700g
* Buy a gaming laptop
* Switch to console gaming

With these prices there is no desktop gpu you can buy that makes logical sense, the only stuff not being scalped by the manufacturer and which can output graphics is APUs, Consoles and Laptops

You forgot buy a pre-built desktop PC, 3060/3070's were going for about £1300-£1500

Thats the price of a 3080.

Then people who didnt keep it were putting their old GPU in the PC and selling it.

Soldato
I would never ever consider one of these for gaming. It’s just trash.

I would rather buy a series S for less and have a much better and vastly cheaper (overall) experience. Otherwise, just buy an APU or a new Intel CPU with a iGPU for general computing.

The spec of these cards is just so poor for the money. It’s no better than the 480 from 4 odd years ago!

Soldato
Prices were a joke a year ago when I ditched the idea of trying to buy a new GPU and pc gaming all together and bought an Xbox Series X, 12 months later and it's only getting worse, who would buy that over a Series S!?

Soldato
Crypto miners don't want 4GB cards so i hope these sit on shelves going no where at £400.

Oh god yes. Let them gather dust. Sadly I think we know they'll fly off the shelves.
The sad thing is the way things have gone will drive people away from PC gaming, console gaming is simply looking more and more tempting especially for those with kids where keeping multiple PCs going is going to be insanely expensive.

Soldato
OP
Oh god yes. Let them gather dust. Sadly I think we know they'll fly off the shelves.
The sad thing is the way things have gone will drive people away from PC gaming, console gaming is simply looking more and more tempting especially for those with kids where keeping multiple PCs going is going to be insanely expensive.
Flux and Ton are good with under 4GB ram and love high core clocks

OcUK Staff
TBH, even at an MSRP of $199 this pile of rubbish would be overpriced. At 299 Euro it insults anyone's intelligence. AMD deserve to take a very large kick in the teeth for this..................i really do hope they sell next to none of them.
The 3050 being at £400 is an even bigger insult to the intelligence :mad:

If GTX 1650 sales are anything to go by this will sell like crazy, that is my bet anyway and why I’ve got over 1000 units sat in the warehouse as this is same money as GTX 1650 but faster and the market is crying out for cheaper cards as the GTX 1650 and 1050Ti constantly sell out and this cost the same and is faster than both!

Also we will be selling these for far less than suggested here, like I say similar to 1650 prices.

Soldato
If GTX 1650 sales are anything to go by this will sell like crazy, that is my bet anyway and why I’ve got over 1000 units sat in the warehouse as this is same money as GTX 1650 but faster and the market is crying out for cheaper cards as the GTX 1650 and 1050Ti constantly sell out and this cost the same and is faster than both!

Also we will be selling these for far less than suggested here, like I say similar to 1650 prices.

Gibbo, when these go on sale are they going to be at MSRP for the first batch and then go increase in price for subsequent releases as has happened previously?

Soldato
Anyone looking to spend £300 on a card should just pick up a used GTX 1070, it's not particularly great value but it still offers more performance and is a far better option than dropping £300 on any of this new 4gb rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom