• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA announces DLDSR (Deep Learning Dynamic Super Resolution), coming to GeForce drivers on Jan 14

Associate
Then using dlss isn't that....

Dlss and saying running at max graphics is hypocrisy, if you are happy with dlss, then you should be within reason to notch other settings down.

Dropping reflections, shadows, etc. causes a noticeable difference in what's rendered, whether it be object detail or object density (how many clouds are in the sky or grass/trees/bushes render to the terrain), whereas DLSS let's you render those details with less overhead.

Associate
No, max settings / max res. Running max settings with DLSS with almost equivalent image quality is much better than the framerate hit. I'm not knocking settings down to reduce graphics / effects and then keeping resolution at native nope that's a worse deal.

Says playsv only on max setting's but compromises anyways, sorry but max is max and you ain't playing in max settings

Associate
Dropping reflections, shadows, etc. causes a noticeable difference in what's rendered, whether it be object detail or object density (how many clouds are in the sky or grass/trees/bushes render to the terrain), whereas DLSS let's you render those details with less overhead.

Yet people still notice dlss quality Vs native, point is moot.

Soldato
Says playsv only on max setting's but compromises anyways, sorry but max is max and you ain't playing in max settings

Max settings, max resolution, two different things. I'd rather play max settings with DLSS than lower settinigs native res, when the IQ is almost the same, especially on my OLED. I don't care if the internal rendering res is lower it's the image quality that matters.

Associate
Max settings, max resolution, two different things. I'd rather play max settings with DLSS than lower settinigs native res, when the IQ is almost the same, especially on my OLED. I don't care if the internal rendering res is lower it's the image quality that matters.
You literally said in your posts previously Max settings/Max Res.
If image quality matters as a general thing then play with the settings, you are compromising either way

Soldato
You literally said in your posts previously Max settings/Max Res.
If image quality matters as a general thing then play with the settings, you are compromising either way

It's not reaally a compromise, there is a slight "blurryness" but the quality on the OLED TV at 4k output resolution with DLSS utilising a lower internal rendering resolution and allowing you to apply maximum graphical settings is much more appetising than lowering graphical settings.

Associate
Yet people still notice dlss quality Vs native, point is moot.

Yea...and people notice the difference between ultra and high settings...point not so moot.

Both options improve FPS and it's up to the user to choose which one suits their preference. As for ease of use, DLSS is easier for the majority of users.

Associate
It's not reaally a compromise, there is a slight "blurryness" but the quality on the OLED TV at 4k output resolution with DLSS utilising a lower internal rendering resolution and allowing you to apply maximum graphical settings is much more appetising than lowering graphical settings.
You literally just described what compromise means.

Associate
Yea...and people notice the difference between ultra and high settings...point not so moot.

Both options improve FPS and it's up to the user to choose which one suits their preference. As for ease of use, DLSS is easier for the majority of users.
They might as well be console gamers at this point

Soldato
I never really understood downscaling tech. How many people buy a graphics card that is complete overkill for their resolution and so have the headroom?

Associate
Lol, are you part of the elite PC settings race or something? Maybe you just have more free time than the general public.

I am, but if you game, you have the time no matter what, have time to overclock, build your PC, look for hard to find components then yeah, we all have time.

Associate
I know right, anyone who isn't gaming at 8k maximum settings is a console pleb amirite :rolleyes:

of course, mean on a serious note, everything being described here is essentially what consoles offer ( the PS5/XB series X are great machines ), they pretty much offer what people here are wanting, compromised settings but still good settings without ever touching PC settings - and you wonder why FF7 remake on PC is barebones.

Associate
I am, but if you game, you have the time no matter what, have time to overclock, build your PC, look for hard to find components then yeah, we all have time.

Maybe if you don’t have a job or anything else going on in your life. That aside, you’re still throwing out a baseless argument that lower settings is better than max with DLSS. Add some value.

Associate
Maybe if you don’t have a job or anything else going on in your life. That aside, you’re still throwing out a baseless argument that lower settings is better than max with DLSS. Add some value.

We all have stuff in our lives, you have a gaming PC, you set it up. You have time.

Back
Top Bottom