• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel A380 leaked

Soldato
The worry I have is that it’s being manufactured by TSMC - if they have capacity issues, then I’m not sure how adding another company’s orders will help :confused:

I wouldn't worry too much. If Intel start small that means small dies, meaning large numbers and higher success rates. Right now AMD and Nvidia are concentrating on the big ones, as that means more profit. IDK who gets higher on TSMC's list, but I bet Intel have handed out a few bonuses *cough*.

As said though, small dies large numbers. They are doing everything right so far....

Soldato
I wouldn't worry too much. If Intel start small that means small dies, meaning large numbers and higher success rates. Right now AMD and Nvidia are concentrating on the big ones, as that means more profit. IDK who gets higher on TSMC's list, but I bet Intel have handed out a few bonuses *cough*.

As said though, small dies large numbers. They are doing everything right so far....

It’s a shame Intel’s own silicon manufacturing isn’t up to scale - they must have a fair bit of capacity

Soldato
It’s a shame Intel’s own silicon manufacturing isn’t up to scale - they must have a fair bit of capacity

Yeah. I've not noticed any supply issues with Alderlake CPUs. DDR5? sure, but not the CPUs themselves and they're pretty popular. Shame they can't pump out GPUs themselves. That said, I am sure they will fix that. They closed a couple of fabs when Ryzen hit, because they were simply pumping out far too much to sell.

That will totally change when they start making GPUs, though.

That said I am beginning to notice cards coming up for sale though, and whispers that mining is starting to die.

Associate
The worry I have is that it’s being manufactured by TSMC - if they have capacity issues, then I’m not sure how adding another company’s orders will help :confused:

no other GPUS are being made on the n6 node both AMD cpu and gpu are made on the N7 and all of Nvidias are made on Samsungs

I think we can assume intel have had this sceduled for a while

Associate
It's not going to be £200 though (6500XT), it will start at £275 and really be priced after the hour sales to £350+. It's all got really silly regarding everything now.

April they are now saying electric and gas will be 57% increase too. The world has gone nuts and while all these things are happening companies are breaking records in earnings.. Something is way off now.. This government needs to go and some normality put back in place. It's become nothing but greed and scamming the general public. Inflation is one thing, but these record increases in prices are not matching inflation, inflation is not at 250-300% it's 3.5% and by April 6% they are saying.

the Energy prices are not only a UK issue all of europe has the same thing Iam just grateful I locked in for 2 years in September before the rise

but eveything has been nakered by the global pandemic some of my suppliers are increasing prices 10% every 2-3 months with increased shipping and haulage costs these are all parts used in the haulage industry so with increased costs from fuel and repairs

the cost of goods goes up then increasing the cost of moving the goods add in massive shutdows in the manufactoring countries this has also affected supply

an example is something we used to move for £80 now costs us £200 thats increased since this time last year

an ecu brain for a trailer or Lorry would have been £500 a year ago now they are pushing £1000 that increase has to go somewhere the hauliers cant just absorb it

massive shortages of parts are also shutting peoples fleets down across europe with OEM suppliers being unable to supply critical parts due to no supply 6 month waiting times on some fuel parts

also dont compare how these things are run to your household cars they are on the road 7 days a week being swapped between drivers ect

Soldato
I feel Intel will just take a seat at the making lots of money out of GPU's table next to AMD and Nvidia... I am quite cynical though. :D

Its a possibility. For me the killer will be quantity. If we can see 10+ again on OCUK website for Intel and elsewhere then they will clean up but sadly I dont see it. If they have the numbers they can also quite easily undercut AMD and Nvidia for the equivalent performace card. For me its all about the numbers.

Caporegime
That's mostly down to domestic energy bills, so doesn't have much bearing on GPU prices.

The energy prices could. Rising electricity prices will make mining less and less profitible. If they stay high, and people start coming out of fixed prices this year, the price of mining recreationally will be barely worth it.

Soldato

It won't help the other companies - it'll create further competition for the likes of Apple, AMD.

It's a very clever move by Intel - as this will increase the prices AMD and others need to pay to TSMC for wafers, and further improve their huge supply chain incentives for CPU's for all markets worldwide.

Associate
It won't help the other companies - it'll create further competition for the likes of Apple, AMD.

It's a very clever move by Intel - as this will increase the prices AMD and others need to pay to TSMC for wafers, and further improve their huge supply chain incentives for CPU's for all markets worldwide.

Clever? It's only because their own fabs can't do it yet; otherwise they'd have to wait until 2023 to produce their own.

You really do blindly worship Intel.

Soldato

I don’t agree with this - I think that if Intel could manufacture their own GPUs, they would, because they’d get a much better ROI and have higher profit margins.

This would give them more flexibility to undercut competitors and, hence, sell more of them.

Now, they’re competing with other potential clients of TSMC for production, and have likely had to pay for this.

Associate
I don’t agree with this - I think that if Intel could manufacture their own GPUs, they would, because they’d get a much better ROI and have higher profit margins.

This would give them more flexibility to undercut competitors and, hence, sell more of them.

Now, they’re competing with other potential clients of TSMC for production, and have likely had to pay for this.

The actual clever thing to do would be to make your own GPUs, but instead they're just haemorrhaging money because they forgot to innovate.

Now they're subject to supply constraints and paying inflated prices because they can't afford to not get their product out there. Had they actually planned, they could have flooded the market with a wide range of GPUs and taken a large share of the market.

Soldato
Its a possibility. For me the killer will be quantity. If we can see 10+ again on OCUK website for Intel and elsewhere then they will clean up but sadly I dont see it. If they have the numbers they can also quite easily undercut AMD and Nvidia for the equivalent performace card. For me its all about the numbers.

Quantity alone is meaningless really, there are '10+' numbers of RX 6600 cards on OcUK right now, for ~£430+ :eek:

It only matters if they have quantity *and* price to undercut. They might of course, but this is Intel, how often have they priced deliberately as a 'budget' option?

Associate
Quantity alone is meaningless really, there are '10+' numbers of RX 6600 cards on OcUK right now, for ~£430+ :eek:

It only matters if they have quantity *and* price to undercut. They might of course, but this is Intel, how often have they priced deliberately as a 'budget' option?

Since they're outsourcing production, it's unlikely to be competitively priced - actually, they'll be competitively priced on the marketing slides, but in reality they'll align with current inflated pricing.

Soldato

I took that as a given though and for your last sentence, this is new territory, no one knows what exactly will happen. Could be a damp squib to join all the other releases. Did you see all those 3080 12gbs on sale and read the posts from people who bought one ? :)

Soldato
The only reason to go with a first gen Intel GPU for me would be price, if they price them well and it performs ok then they could grab a chuck of market share which they need. OEM's will probably put them in most of the PC's they sell even if they are rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom