Carabao Cup - Semi Finals ** Spoilers ** [5/12/13/20 January 2022]

Soldato
If Liverpool get their players back for the second leg it will be a no contest. Klopp is obviously going for it however as he fielded his strongest team possible. Easy cup for Liverpool considering who is left in it.
Get what players back? The squad we had available for the 1st leg is the one we'll have for the 2nd leg, the only additions would be players back from injury, of which I don't believe there will be any.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Was Liverpool without salah and mane against Chelsea and athletic Madrid when they was down to 10 men?

You've picked arguably one of the best defensive sides of the last decade and a Chelsea side which, at the time was not shipping goals and is highly disciplined with a fantastic work rate. Most people wouldn't put Arsenal into that bracket even if they are a staunch fan.

Don
So the gist of what you are saying is, that our problem is that we dont have a plan B? Or are you saying that its something that we just have to accept because its unavoidable ? What would be your solution to it, would you suggest that to avoid a repeat of tonights situation you'd come up with an alternative tactical gameplan which could be used and thats what we lack (and thus its a training/coaching issue) or would you suggest that there is a certain type of player/s that we lack and should sign (and thus the wallet needs opening and transfers made) or are you saying that its just one of those things that can happen and theres no way to prevent it and so we should dismiss it as an issue to resolve?
I'm not saying we don't have a plan B. We do. We have players like Keita, Thiago & Harvey Elliott that are far more creative in midfield but our main way of playing over the last few years has been to have a workmanlike midfield 3 that allows greater attacking freedom to our front line and allows our fullbacks to get forward. This isn't FIFA or Football Manager, where you can just create a new formation or style of play instantly - the way any top side plays takes months and seasons of training and repetition.

My point is simply, sometimes **** happens. Again, I know supporters want perfection but it's simply not realistic. Teams have sat deep vs us for years, we have a game plan to counter it and it works almost all of the time. On the very odd occasion it won't work. Even the great Barca side when Messi was at his peak occasionally failed to break the opposition down.

The above doesn't mean that the club shouldn't strive to always improve but you'll never reach perfection, where you score in and win every game.

Man of Honour
I'm not saying we don't have a plan B. We do. We have players like Keita, Thiago & Harvey Elliott that are far more creative in midfield but our main way of playing over the last few years has been to have a workmanlike midfield 3 that allows greater attacking freedom to our front line and allows our fullbacks to get forward. This isn't FIFA or Football Manager, where you can just create a new formation or style of play instantly - the way any top side plays takes months and seasons of training and repetition.

My point is simply, sometimes **** happens. Again, I know supporters want perfection but it's simply not realistic. Teams have sat deep vs us for years, we have a game plan to counter it and it works almost all of the time. On the very odd occasion it won't work. Even the great Barca side when Messi was at his peak occasionally failed to break the opposition down.

The above doesn't mean that the club shouldn't strive to always improve but you'll never reach perfection, where you score in and win every game.

So you are saying the 3rd of my three options then, that its just one of those things that happens from time to time and last nights occurrence isnt something to be concerned about or to have a need to resolve, its just one of those times where **** happens.

Fair enough then.

Associate
I see Firminio thought it appropriate to start clapping the ref when he showed the red card, very classy.......................

Soldato
I see Firminio thought it appropriate to start clapping the ref when he showed the red card, very classy.......................
Still not answered the "Who do you support question I see" but you clearly have a major axe to grind against Liverpool, being as you were so vocal about Liverpool 'faking' test what is your take on Arsenal trying to get tomorrow's match called off due to having 1 player unavailable due to covid?

I saw an Arsenal player (White I think it was) clap when the ref awarded them a throw in, what's the difference, is it ok to clap the ref when he makes 1 correct decision but not when he makes another are you going to condemn them or are you obviously highlighting anything that grinds your gears regarding Liverpool in which case you are clearly trolling?

Soldato
Still not answered the "Who do you support question I see" but you clearly have a major axe to grind against Liverpool, being as you were so vocal about Liverpool 'faking' test what is your take on Arsenal trying to get tomorrow's match called off due to having 1 player unavailable due to covid?

I saw an Arsenal player (White I think it was) clap when the ref awarded them a throw in, what's the difference, is it ok to clap the ref when he makes 1 correct decision but not when he makes another are you going to condemn them or are you obviously highlighting anything that grinds your gears regarding Liverpool in which case you are clearly trolling?
The rules state that if a team cant get 14 players for a match, the game is postponed. Doesn’t matter if the other 10 players unavailable is all from covid or all suspended. It doesnt matter. The rules are rules.

Quite frankly i hope the game goes ahead as i made plans for that game tomorrow.

Also, I don’t get this Liverpool cheating nonsense of ducking out of the 1st leg.

I mean come on?!?! Really?

Associate

I don't see what difference it makes who I support really, the tackle that led to the red card was not malicious, did not injure the player and could quite easily have been yellow on another day. It was a clumsy, stupid tackle that was not even worth risking with White also coming across to cover. The point is no player should then applaud the referee for sending another player off in this case, hardly in the spirit of the game, a very low thing to do to a fellow professional.

I have no "axe to grind" specifically at Liverpool, I still believe they could have played the tie originally and that they went out their way to get it postponed but that's irrelevant now, its done. I said the same about Tottenham, in some ways worse as the games they had postponed really gave them time to settle in with the new manager and stop a bad run of form.

As for Arsenal getting the game postponed Sunday, again, is it right? Probably not but all the teams are doing it so its either follow suit or play at a disadvantage.

Soldato

Oh, and one of the managers at the BioGrad lab is Kenny Dalglish’s daughter

So?

If im looking at the correct one shes a commercial manager and has been for two months. Its a click bait article which Si Hughes seems to be the king of lately. Conveniently published on the morning of a semi final to make Arsenal fans, who's club have just loaned out players despite claiming they couldn't field a team last week, froth.

Let it go.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom