New TV forever changing budget, the future 8k , 120hz & 2.1 HDMI

Soldato
That me practically back to square one thanks :D

You're welcome.

P.s. I sit 2m away from my C9 and immediately to the right of me are patio doors south facing. We do have black out floor to ceiling curtains to stop the sun directly hitting the screen. However in the 5 years or so that I've had oleds other than sun hitting the screen I've never had an issue with it being crap in a super lit room I also run it in dark room (a picture mode on LG) for SDR content 24/7 SDR doesn't deserve a brighter picture imo. LED TVs can go brighter but contrast is king and wins every time.

I will never buy an LCD screen again unless they introduce infinite contrast.

To be honest I barely watch movies on a nice sunny day in June I usually get the Webber out and spend the day in the garden lol.

Bottom line you watch movies and stream 2m away from the screen exactly the same usage case as me just go OLED.

Here's mine

https://imgur.com/a/WzNOFf2

Last edited:
Associate
OP
y5cdFCY

>

online print screen
Does anybody have any info on the above sets? both the same price and ticks all my boxes tbh.

I cannot see any differences when comparing on the currys website

Man of Honour
Personally I'd doubt the current consoles have enough power to cope with 120fps at a decent quality, and unless you're playing twitch shooters it's not a huge deal imo (which as you've said you have a PC for), so yep I would put that lower down on your list of requirements

It’s really nice for anything with tight timing such as competitive FPS, high difficulty platformers, and future fighting games.

For the big AAA action games it makes such little difference, so unless those games are played it’s not a big deal to be stuck at 60Hz.

120Hz is great for films though as it is integer divisible by 24 to give perfect frame paving in films and allows some nice effects to reduce ghosting with black frame insertion.

Associate
OP
I give up, real estate over quality is not the way to go.

I really appreciate all of your help and advice but, 75” really is what I wanted from the start.

The C1 is stunning but the extra cost for the 77” version is too much. Also the 77” version sadly just overlaps my floor standers so it’s a tad over sized.

move just been looking at an older version Sony KD75X81 and it looks stunning also on the display and the price too so I think the full array of the X94 or X90 would be even better than this.

it has all the features I’ve been advised to look for Dolby vision , 120HZ . 2.1 HDMI.

man’s can get either version for £1350.

I think that’s good bang for buck, extra 200-300 on too for a 65” OLED screen just can’t justify it.

hope I don’t regret it, gonna go curry’s for another look around

Soldato
I really appreciate all of your help and advice but, 75” really is what I wanted from the start.

The C1 is stunning but the extra cost for the 77” version is too much. Also the 77” version sadly just overlaps my floor standers so it’s a tad over sized.

move just been looking at an older version Sony KD75X81 and it looks stunning also on the display and the price too so I think the full array of the X94 or X90 would be even better than this.

it has all the features I’ve been advised to look for Dolby vision , 120HZ . 2.1 HDMI.

man’s can get either version for £1350.

I think that’s good bang for buck, extra 200-300 on too for a 65” OLED screen just can’t justify it.

hope I don’t regret it, gonna go curry’s for another look around

The x81 really isn't a stunning screen it's mid tier at best, 8bit +FRC panel or fake 10 bit I believe it is also edge lit *shudder* I certainly wouldn't drop £1,350 on it instead just get a hinsense 75", the x90 although back lit suffers from haloing which you will see @75" on any movie / TV show / pick your poison dark scene especially in HDR10.

I guarantee you will sit there and think "I should have gone for the 65 Oled" once you see the haloing and grey blacks but then convince yourself that 75" is better than picture quality.

Last edited:
Associate
The x81 really isn't a stunning screen it's mid tier at best, 8bit +FRC panel or fake 10 bit I believe it is also edge lit *shudder* I certainly wouldn't drop £1,350 on it instead just get a hinsense 75", the x90 although back lit suffers from haloing which you will see @75" on any movie / TV show / pick your poison dark scene especially in HDR10.

I guarantee you will sit there and think "I should have gone for the 65 Oled" once you see the haloing and grey blacks but then convince yourself that 75" is better than picture quality.

i tend to agree. Having switched to oled a couple of years ago, i wouldn't go back to anything else. the C1 is a bargain right now at c£1578 at richer sounds

Associate
OP
Good price, however the op has started 2 more threads basically asking the same question so I doubt he will read this.

Agreed i'll try to keep it to one post next time got too carried away, feel a lot better now ive deicide.

i tend to agree. Having switched to oled a couple of years ago, i wouldn't go back to anything else. the C1 is a bargain right now at c£1578 at richer sounds

£1,499.38 on LG now via the coupon/LG member. Both good prices

Associate
Just came across thread. Have the LG 65C9 oled upstairs and a 65Q9FN downstairs...regarding oled brightness..in our living room on sunny days, oled brightness can't compete with room brightness...top is with sun shinng and screen becomes very washed out and hard to see(see table and washing basket on table rather than whats on the screen)...image below is when sun went behind a cloud and suddenly can see again...we don't have thick curtains and only extreme case, but that's why reviews etc suggest something like the NeoQled for bright rooms...Evening etc no problem and picture quality is superb...moving house next week so solves problem for me. Other diff on the lg oled are all the hdmi inputs on back are 2.1 on the C1(so 4 of them)...sammy and sony think it's just one..worth checking, esp if connecting up other kit
VY91jtH.jpg
zjmDJmg.jpg
as side note, if going 55in if others reading, costco have last years 55CX for £869 I think...uses the same panel as the C1 (and C9 for that matter), except the menu system has been updated, so in real world watching at home, you wont notice any difference.
A friend just got the neoqled and they say pic blows them away compared to the old tv(certainly the 2 65 inch tv's i've got blow my old sony away)...I think by the time you get a top TV(be it Sony, Panny, Sammy or LG) at home, and your not looking for this against that, they'll all look good, and if one is £300 cheaper than another, I'd save the cash. The QD Oled should make a difference this year, with the oled going a lot brighter..and should get rid of burn in worry(not that I have a prob with that on mine and game on it etc)

Associate
OP
Too old to hunt, what did you decide?

77" C1 forget the budget ha.

But honestly before i decided to upgrade i knew very little with todays specs/technology i shouldn't have even had one or mention it.

Ive made mitakes before jumping into things and made bad buys i wanted this one to be right and do the homework.

Ive learnt so much, you've been a great help :)

Associate
OP
Just came across thread. Have the LG 65C9 oled upstairs and a 65Q9FN downstairs...regarding oled brightness..in our living room on sunny days, oled brightness can't compete with room brightness...top is with sun shinng and screen becomes very washed out and hard to see(see table and washing basket on table rather than whats on the screen)...image below is when sun went behind a cloud and suddenly can see again...we don't have thick curtains and only extreme case, but that's why reviews etc suggest something like the NeoQled for bright rooms...Evening etc no problem and picture quality is superb...moving house next week so solves problem for me. Other diff on the lg oled are all the hdmi inputs on back are 2.1 on the C1(so 4 of them)...sammy and sony think it's just one..worth checking, esp if connecting up other kit

as side note, if going 55in if others reading, costco have last years 55CX for £869 I think...uses the same panel as the C1 (and C9 for that matter), except the menu system has been updated, so in real world watching at home, you wont notice any difference.
A friend just got the neoqled and they say pic blows them away compared to the old tv(certainly the 2 65 inch tv's i've got blow my old sony away)...I think by the time you get a top TV(be it Sony, Panny, Sammy or LG) at home, and your not looking for this against that, they'll all look good, and if one is £300 cheaper than another, I'd save the cash. The QD Oled should make a difference this year, with the oled going a lot brighter..and should get rid of burn in worry(not that I have a prob with that on mine and game on it etc)

Thanks will make a note, that sun seems extreme that close to them huge windows and doors but hopefully mine is away a lot more from the sun.

Back
Top Bottom