Can I reject my Car

Soldato
curious on dsg failure - didn't know passat/octavias 1.5's and 2.0's may have fundamentally different gearboxes - I thought sealed for life/dry were out, across the industry, presumably that limits any re-mapping folks could apply

Most stuff, maybe even all, from VAG with 250NM or less torque will be dry clutch DQ200 still. Above that will be DQ250, DQ381 etc. (a few different higher torque boxes around, some for hybrid, different between transverse and longitudinal and so on).

Some models (I think previous Polo GTI is one example) were capped to 250NM so they could use the DQ200, whereas the manual version had 320NM.

Soldato
OP
He was implying only French vehicles have issues.
The fact is the more complicated cars get the more there is to go wrong.
I do apologise but he was rather arsey about it in another thread.

oh! Haha! Ok

yes my car is a dry clutch which the mechanic said was a constant source of issues for them

Soldato
If its still under warranty. 3 attempts to fix then ask for refund/replacement. Same as you would with a TV. Unless the laws surrounding Vehicles is different which I dont think it is.. Apart from the industry thinking they are above the law

Soldato
OP
If its still under warranty. 3 attempts to fix then ask for refund/replacement. Same as you would with a TV. Unless the laws surrounding Vehicles is different which I dont think it is.. Apart from the industry thinking they are above the law

good advice thank you.

I had a good chat with lex yesterday - they are going to chase the garage and report back rather than me doing it all the time

Back
Top Bottom