Pots and pans.. Need new ones.

Caporegime
Had an old set of "I'm in a rental, buy cheap" pan set. And last month or so I've noticed the non stick in the frying pans is no longer working. (Cook a burger and it basically sticks to the pan across 3/4 of the surface)

The saucepan is also starting to fleck off the coating too.

These had some sort of white porcelain type surface. To be fair they have lasted years.

So absolutely need a new set.

2 sauce pans and 2 frying pans is what I had. It was a good amount. Worked well.

I have no idea on coating, brand, cost, etc etc. I'm no cook.

What reccomdations do you guys have?

Dishwasher safe please!

Don
For reasonably priced and decent quality I think Ikea 365 is hard to beat:
https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/cat/ikea-365-cookware-49547/

I've had 2 Saucepans and 3 different size pots for 4+ years, no issues - they heat up fast, don't seem to stick and come up decently when dishwashed.

Only thing I haven't got from 365 is a frying pan, but when I need to replace my current Aldi one, I'll certainly get one from Ikea.

Soldato
+1 for Procook. I don't put ours in the dishwasher thought as the set is an old design (15+ years) with rubberised handled that aren't dishwasher safe. It also seems like a disproportionate amount of space taken up compared to the time it takes just to do pans by hand. They don't get that manky that I'd wuss our and dishwasher them either :D

Soldato
Generally I don't believe it's good for pans for them to go in the dishwasher, despite their saying they can. So if possible always handwash but I appreciate that that is a faff!

I always hear good things about ProCook for relatively budget options so that's probably where my money would go.

Caporegime
OP
Thanks I'll probably look at procook (my knife set came from there)

IKEA ones are all chrome. Unfortunately I absolutely hate chrome. Unless I missed something?

Yeah I can imagine you shouldn't put them in the dishwasher. But washing pans can be the worst thing to wash. And with only 2 of us. Really dishwasher wouldn't be full without them.

Soldato
I bought a set from a second hand shop for about £1 each, had them 9+ years now, still as good as they day they were bought. It's worth having a look and seeing what you can find, too many people buy new everything without looking elsewhere.

Soldato
I bought a set from a second hand shop for about £1 each, had them 9+ years now, still as good as they day they were bought. It's worth having a look and seeing what you can find, too many people buy new everything without looking elsewhere.
I'm assuming they were stainless as I'd be impressed if non-stick lasted that long!

Soldato
Not sure if you have one near, but i've always been a fan of the Ikea stuff. The frying pans seem to last well compared to some other similar priced ones i've had.

For me, i'm setting my goal on these when we move. Just seems so clever from a storage point of view as our pan drawer is always a huge mess, with a mix of brands/sizes

https://www.tefal.co.uk/ingenio

Got a set of ingenio's.

Pretty happy with them so far, i've had them about 2 years now. It's a delight being able to stack 2 frying pans, a wok, and 3 saucepans all within the space of a frying pan.

I guess the only annoyance is the handles are not dishwasher safe, and can be a bit of a chore to clean them after use. TBF the handles are fairly cheap (£10-15) so you could take the gamble on sticking them in the dishwasher and see how long they last. Ours have been in a few times (by accident) and so far are fine.

I'd suggest buying them in the black friday sales, as they're a good amount off then.

Soldato
Got a set of ingenio's.

Pretty happy with them so far, i've had them about 2 years now. It's a delight being able to stack 2 frying pans, a wok, and 3 saucepans all within the space of a frying pan.

I guess the only annoyance is the handles are not dishwasher safe, and can be a bit of a chore to clean them after use. TBF the handles are fairly cheap (£10-15) so you could take the gamble on sticking them in the dishwasher and see how long they last. Ours have been in a few times (by accident) and so far are fine.

I'd suggest buying them in the black friday sales, as they're a good amount off then.

Good tip cheers.

I guess handles make dishwashing awkward as it blocks other objects so not washing the handles could be a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom