BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Any reason you don't fancy an M4?

Budget, and long term running costs of a M4 which i suspect will be higher than a 4xx. Initially when i occasionally kept an eye on them last year I had set it as under £22.5k. I realised these last few weeks that £25k would be more realistic and achievable and even then it is slim pickings. I don't particularly want to spend more.

Soldato
If you're going to spend that sort of money on an F model 3/4 Series, it has to be an M3/M4 IMO. They can be had from AUC for £30k~.

Being an M car, they'll be less likely to face the sort of sudden depreciation that the normal models will, as Fox mentioned.

One example, only 15k miles: https://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/vehicle/202110258861612

I was wondering why that was cheap despite the miles, then I saw the spec.

Soldato
Been playing around with doing some mods on the 4 series, only thing I can’t get to work is the electric folding mirrors when locking the car.

From what I’ve read all 4 series come with the equipment to do it, it just needs coding.

I’ve done the main ones like stopping Auto Stop/Start from being active every time you switch the car on, also added a digital Speedo to the instrument cluster and got rid of the annoying chime when you open the door.

Soldato
Been playing around with doing some mods on the 4 series, only thing I can’t get to work is the electric folding mirrors when locking the car.

From what I’ve read all 4 series come with the equipment to do it, it just needs coding.

I’ve done the main ones like stopping Auto Stop/Start from being active every time you switch the car on, also added a digital Speedo to the instrument cluster and got rid of the annoying chime when you open the door.

Do your mirrors fold if you hold the centre button after locking the car?
If so then you should be able to code the mirrors to fold straight away.
I never understood why they didn't as standard, & had to code mine.

Soldato
Do your mirrors fold if you hold the centre button after locking the car?
If so then you should be able to code the mirrors to fold straight away.
I never understood why they didn't as standard, & had to code mine.
Nah they don’t unfortunately, even holding the middle button for 10 seconds does nothing.

Soldato
You need to have a switch by the controls for wing mirrors which, when toggled, will open/close the mirrors.

If you don’t have it, you can’t code it
Ah ok, some false information going around then as apparently all 4 series have the equipment installed, just needs coding.

Oh well, just hope they don’t get knocked off. :D

Soldato
Have to admit I've gone the other way and sold my F31 to pick up a Merc E400d estate. Looking forward to trying something different but I'll probably regret not getting a 5 series :p

Commissario
Finally got the M340i serviced and in for a recall for something on the front wing, only had to wait for an hour so could get on with some work.
That Black Friday service pack meant it cost me nothing today, great service from BMW Watford (surprisingly!)

Soldato
Ah ok, some false information going around then as apparently all 4 series have the equipment installed, just needs coding.

Oh well, just hope they don’t get knocked off. :D

if you have electric memory seats then the wiring for folding mirrors is there, but you would need to fit them. If you don't have memory seats then the wiring for folding mirrors isn't there either iirc.

Soldato
I almost know the answer before I ask the question - but are the lead times on say something like a 530d Touring presently quite long? I'm in need of a new car for the end of May (this year!) - I've not even started looking yet, do I need to get my skates on?!

Soldato
I almost know the answer before I ask the question - but are the lead times on say something like a 530d Touring presently quite long? I'm in need of a new car for the end of May (this year!) - I've not even started looking yet, do I need to get my skates on?!
Pretty sure you've missed out on a brand new car already tbh

Soldato

Probably need to get your skates on if you want a factory order car for May next year :p

If you want a car on your driveway this May, I suspect you'll be forced into choosing from in stock options, cancelled orders, nearly new etc.

Back
Top Bottom