• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
There is zero chance that if they deal were to go through that MS would halt sales of COD on Playstation as an example.

The only way MS will make any money back is selling the games on every platform.

Caporegime
68.7 billion USD! Bethesda was a mere 7.5!

That's gonna be a lot of games coming to gamepass soon!

Off course it's probably terrible for competition and innovation long termetc etc, but if you have an Xbox and game pass it's a lot of "free" extra value added.:p

rp2000

Soldato
I just finished Gunk last night, quite enjoyable throughout although a little easy. Tried Firewatch after that and actually completed it (3-4 hours), not my usual sort of game but thought i'd give it a go, story initially was quite intriguing but went downhill rapidly at the end after building a little tension.

Associate
This will be the same as with Bethesda you dont spent all that money to then put games on your competitors platform. Vanguard and service games will stay on Playstation but the main line CoD games will be Xbox/PC/Xcloud exclusive.
the only way these end up on Playstation is if Game Pass is alowed on there.

All the wording is the same as with the Bethesda deal. Expect the same!

Man of Honour
I hate this practice in general of locking people out of games. I get it from a business POV of course. Not everyone can afford two consoles. Can't get my ahead around MS owning Crash Bandicoot.
Surely it is in everyone's interest to let owners of other consoles play the games, be it through a subscription service or whatever even if the physical copies don't get made.

If Sony allowed Game Pass on the PS5 then MS will have the service on there. They won’t though.

Soldato
I have an Xbox so kinda happy about this but it does annoy me this kind of thing. I hated that I couldn't play Killer Instinct on the 360 when I was PlayStation and same when I couldn't play Street Fighter 5 when I went Xbox. There's always going to be something you're a big fan of that you cannot play without multiple consoles, and that just isn't an option for me now. I guess this is nothing new. You pays your money and takes your choice.

Soldato
There is zero chance that if they deal were to go through that MS would halt sales of COD on Playstation as an example.

The only way MS will make any money back is selling the games on every platform.
Sales are tiny. It's the MTX they would lose, plus they would handing market share to competitors. Because if people can't play CoD they will play a F2P shooter or Battlefield. Same with Overwatch 2, because that game will need all the help it can get.

Soldato
This will be the same as with Bethesda you dont spent all that money to then put games on your competitors platform. Vanguard and service games will stay on Playstation but the main line CoD games will be Xbox/PC/Xcloud exclusive.
the only way these end up on Playstation is if Game Pass is alowed on there.

All the wording is the same as with the Bethesda deal. Expect the same!

Poor comparison, Bethesda make single player focused games. CoD is multiplatform MTX driven shooter that needs as big a pool of players as possible. They make billions on sales and MTX on the PS platform, if they made the game exclusive they would be losing the majority of that money and they would also be surrendering market share to the competition such as Battlefield and the F2P shooters and instantly devaluing the company they just bought. If they have 30% of the shooter players (pulled number out my arse) on PS why would they just hand that over to E.A and the like, it makes no sense.

Last edited:
Soldato
Poor comparison, Bethesda make single player focused games. CoD is multiplatform MTX driven shooter that needs as big a pool of players as possible. They make billions on sales and MTX on the PS platform, if they made the game exclusive they would be losing the majority of that money and they would also be surrendering market share to the competition such as Battlefield and the F2P shooters and instantly devaluing the company they just bought. If they have 30% of the shooter players (pulled number out my arse) on PS why would they just hand that over to E.A and the like, it makes no sense.

There are 100m PS4s which will need replacing over the coming years. They can afford to take a hit on CoD to make Xbox the go to platform as it was early in the 360/PS3 era.

Man of Honour
Exactly. I wish they both had some kind of exclusives pass thing.

The nice thing about Sony exclusives is that they are generally short one-and-done games so there's no need for a subscription for them. Just buy the games at the end of a consoles lifecycle and sell them after you complete them for the same price.

Sony really don't have the right 1st party games for a Game PAss competitor. Where are the games as a service offerings that make up the core of these types of subscriptions? They need big MP games like Halo and Gears, and long-running games like Minecraft, Sea of Thieves, and Grounded.

Back
Top Bottom