• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PC Gamer: RX 6500 XT looks worse on paper than AMD's $199 GPU from six years ago

Associate
What we need is also tests done with both PCIe Gen4 vs Gen3 because the majority of gamers are still on Gen3 so they need to know how much the performance loss generally is.

Associate
These cards are clearly meant to fill a gaping hole in the market of people desperate for something/anything to plug into their motherboard. I'll be really interested to see if AMDs engineering goal has the outcomes that the market needs, and miners just leave this alone.

Caporegime
£50 more is still a lot cheaper than anything else out there.... although 8GB would make it more attractive to miners, so add an extra 0 to that :/

And that's the problem.

I'm usually a very vocal about VRam capacity, and 4GB is not enough, it needs 8GB, 6GB would have been ok if not ideal.

but as Armageus said the cost of VRam has gone up quite a lot, it would have been a more expensive card with 6 or 8. it would have cost the same as the RTX 3050, i believe AMD when they say its extremely difficult now to make a $200 GPU, sadly.

But only having 4GB does have its benefits, miners don't want it, the RTX 3050 will end up a $400 to $500 GPU with in a week or two because miners will buy that, by the pallet load, but snub the RX 6500, so it may not balloon so much in price, i think it will inflate some because that's how the market is now, but not as much, so gamers might get them at not so much of a ridiculous price. the down side is they may have to turn textures down to medium.

Soldato
Hovering over "buy"... vs a 1650 super... also with 4GB - worth a £25 upgrade?

Edit: skimmed through the benchmarks in the HWU video below - that would be a solid "nope" :p

Here's hoping the 3050 is available for a few mins at a reasonable price

Last edited:
Soldato
It isn't good. At the £179 it Linda made sense considering current market but anything beyond that is mental. But honeslty it's a £129 any other time in the world. Just wrong time to be buying. Can't honestly see Nvidia 3050 being any better tbh.

Back
Top Bottom