Hitman 3 VR (PC) - Out On January 20th

Associate
Coming to Game Pass and Steam on Jan 20th.

"HITMAN VR comes to PC, and once again we’re supporting the entire World of Assassination trilogy. If you can access HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 within HITMAN 3, you can play it all in VR.

With PC VR, we’re supporting the most popular hardware to deliver the best experience to as many players as possible. Our goal is to hit the benchmark for interaction and gameplay that PC VR players are looking for – all with the Hitman style and freedom that our game offers.

We’ve incorporated VR specific setups to some Hitman controls to make them feel as intuitive as possible and natural during gameplay. For example, you use two hands to throw items; aim with your left and ‘fling and release’ with your right. Whether you throw straight-on, a ninja-like sidethrow or any other way, it’s going to feel satisfying.

Combining the use of two hands with the freedom to move your body and huge sandbox locations is a recipe for creativity and chaos. We’ve seen our own developers adapt karate-stances, embrace their inner boxer and even just play around with how our AI and game world reacts to the new-found freedom of VR".

Soldato
Certainly interesting, words from a AAA developer with a top tier franchise IP backing VR to the hilt with what it brings beyond what was possible beforehand. I think it safe to say we've known these possibilities for a while, and that developers have been chomping at the bit for a fresh set of downs that VR interactivity can bring in games like this

Hopefully if the game is good it gets a fair shake from the VR community, they're their own worst enemy at times.

Soldato
Certainly interesting, words from a AAA developer with a top tier franchise IP backing VR to the hilt with what it brings beyond what was possible beforehand. I think it safe to say we've known these possibilities for a while, and that developers have been chomping at the bit for a fresh set of downs that VR interactivity can bring in games like this

Hopefully if the game is good it gets a fair shake from the VR community, they're their own worst enemy at times.

Yeah I was just saying in another thread this is my 2nd time VR experience having had the Quest 1 before and Quest 2 for the kids this Xmas I`m finding the content a bit meh. Not tried Sniper Elite yet but Mini Golf is pretty good still seems to be lacking some killer titles to drive forward sales of VR.
Only game that got me back with Quest 1 was Alyx playing it time and again not seen anything yet to pull you back the same.

Associate
not played any of the hitman games, will check out some youtube vids to see if its the sort of game i like because what i'm learning is that an AAA game being ported to vr doesn't mean i will always enjoy it because its vr. from the little i have heard about it is that its sandbox which appeals to me.

Associate
Looking forward to this - hope its coming out on steam on the 20th!

Edit just did some homework

HITMAN 3 arrives on Steam to coincide with the start of Year 2 and will have full support for PC VR and all of the technical improvements that we mentioned earlier, such as Ray Tracing, XeSS and Variable Rate Shading. We’re working on support for Steam Achievements and Trading Cards too – plus we’ll be including the Trinity Pack (the HITMAN 3 pre-order bonus) for free with all editions of HITMAN 3 for the first 30 days.

Associate
This is super cool! I bought and played the trilogy last year in PS5 and was quite surprised when they announced the pc vr version as I thought it would remain psvr exclusive like Resi 7. But now with gamepass I can play them all in pc vr and not have to buy them again :D I am assuming that the gamepass version will include vr but it would be crazy to not have it right??

Soldato
Can the VR version only be played on Steam?
I've already got the game on Epic, and don't really want to have to buy it again, although i think i've read that you can import non Steam games into Steam?

Edit

Apparently most Epic VR games just piggyback on the SteamVR client.
Heres hoping :)

Last edited:
Associate
Can the VR version only be played on Steam?
I've already got the game on Epic, and don't really want to have to buy it again, although i think i've read that you can import non Steam games into Steam?

Edit

Apparently most Epic VR games just piggyback on the SteamVR client.
Heres hoping :)
I watched a few hitman vr vids and i recall 1 of them saying the steamvr client will work ok with epic version.

Associate
I try to like the Hitman games but I find them too boring. I can't see it being in VR making it any better.

I haven't played the Hitman games previously, but will pick them up in VR. It has the potential to build presence in the game that isn't possible with flatscreen. Just peeking around the corner by leaning forward; sneaking around by physically crouching. Love it now just as I did the first time I played VR many years ago!

The VR version of Hitman 3 wasn't too great by all accounts (I didn't try it) due to the controls, but with access to the Index controllers, I'm hoping they've made the most of the time, and will shine on PC VR.

Associate
Never played this series, but looks like it would be up my street, single player is my thing, and not based on bashing the living daylights out of controller buttons or having to have 1ms reaction times !.

Are they saying the entire trilogy will be VR, or only the 3rd one ? Also I assume that the first one came out some time back, so is there any thoughts that anyone new to the series should just by the "3" as opposed to the trilogy. If the game is good I *might* finish all the campaigns etc, but I don't think I'd run thru 3 games, so maybe just the 3rd ?

Looking forward to release, frankly I've been disapointed with the quality of stuff coming to VR, only games of true quality have been the HL-Alyx, Elite and S&S walking dead.

Now my next issue is that graphics cards are still frighteningly expensive, I'm working away on a 2060 at the mo.

Last edited:
Associate
Bought Hitman 3 in the Epic sale specifically for the VR update, can't wait to try it.
Yeh i'm kicking myself i never bought it in that sale...i thought no way would that version get vr added for free...i thought the vr hitman 3 would be a separate game & purchase, like fallout 4 vr and skyrim vr. Doh!

Soldato
Yeh i'm kicking myself i never bought it in that sale...i thought no way would that version get vr added for free...i thought the vr hitman 3 would be a separate game & purchase, like fallout 4 vr and skyrim vr. Doh!

Me too in a way, but I'm happy to wait and see how the VR works anyway. Besides I've got R2 to to finish playing through in VR first, then RE3, and when the mod is finished, RE7 and 8!

Associate
Never played this series, but looks like it would be up my street, single player is my thing, and not based on bashing the living daylights out of controller buttons or having to have 1ms reaction times !.

Are they saying the entire trilogy will be VR, or only the 3rd one ? Also I assume that the first one came out some time back, so is there any thoughts that anyone new to the series should just by the "3" as opposed to the trilogy. If the game is good I *might* finish all the campaigns etc, but I don't think I'd run thru 3 games, so maybe just the 3rd ?

Looking forward to release, frankly I've been disapointed with the quality of stuff coming to VR, only games of true quality have been the HL-Alyx, Elite and S&S walking dead.

Now my next issue is that graphics cards are still frighteningly expensive, I'm working away on a 2060 at the mo.
Yep entire trilogy in vr, pretty great! The trilogy includes upgrades for all 3 games in the series and all are well worth playing!

Back
Top Bottom