Show Us Your Motors!

mjt

mjt

Soldato
your mad !
too cold for that !!
Went out in the last week for an evening blast in the Caterham and damn near froze half my body off. Gloves, hat, hoodie, down jacket, etc.
Couldn’t feel my outer hand, toes or leg by the time I got home 90 minutes later. Inside leg was toasty thanks to the gearbox but OMFG coming back on the motorway in the dark at 0°C was a grim experience :(

Underboss
Went out in the last week for an evening blast in the Caterham and damn near froze half my body off. Gloves, hat, hoodie, down jacket, etc.
Couldn’t feel my outer hand, toes or leg by the time I got home 90 minutes later. Inside leg was toasty thanks to the gearbox but OMFG coming back on the motorway in the dark at 0°C was a grim experience :(

need heated seats !! :D

Soldato
Get yourself a heated jacket and or gloves. Mostly designed for bikers but have a friend with an Atom that uses it in any weather with them, plugs into 12v.

Soldato
And the rest :p

Save up and buy newer cars. In days gone by, my old E36 M3 and E39 M5 cost me great sums in preventative maintenance and getting them back up to perfect condition. Newer cars don’t need all that. Bigger outlay perhaps, but after that just fuel and consumables. Oh and warranty when it comes. Can’t avoid that bit :rolleyes:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
need heated seats !! :D
The Caterham is the first car I've ever owned that doesn't have it :p
Get yourself a heated jacket and or gloves. Mostly designed for bikers but have a friend with an Atom that uses it in any weather with them, plugs into 12v.
As nice as that sounds, it'd be complete overkill. I barely use the thing now and it'll warm up soon.
I can see how that'd be worthwhile if touring in it during the colder months.

Soldato
Had an unexpected free day today and was feeling a bit lousy so decided to get the top down and take in some fresh air with a short run along the Fife coastal route. Dull and overcast but good to get out and the air did me good. Car now filthy though and also the photos reminded me that I really need to do something about the front fogs - the lenses are knackered looking. May just vinyl wrap the lenses as a short term measure and when funds permit pick up a pair of replacements at a later date.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Soldato

Checkout some bike gear for winter usage, especially gloves.
You obviously don’t need the armour but there’s probably low armour options.

Man of Honour
Top down, heater on full blast, best thing ever.

I’ve still not managed it since picking up my new car. I’ve been tempted to take a drive during my lunch hour, but otherwise it’s still dark during my commute and too cold on the weekend. The roads are also stinking at the moment, so after I clean it I try to avoid them! Bring on some decent weather.

Caporegime
I’ve still not managed it since picking up my new car. I’ve been tempted to take a drive during my lunch hour, but otherwise it’s still dark during my commute and too cold on the weekend. The roads are also stinking at the moment, so after I clean it I try to avoid them! Bring on some decent weather.

The roads haven't dried out since I picked up the ST, so far I've been lighting up the traction control light up in 3rd so can't wait to be able to open it up properly.

Washed it properly today, wasn't a fan of the MK4 Focus when it came out but it's grown on me. Slightly biased but I think Magnetic grey suits it the best, not a fan of performance blue on the new cars - spirit blue/deep impact blue on the older STs looks better.

free image hosting

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Checkout some bike gear for winter usage, especially gloves.
You obviously don’t need the armour but there’s probably low armour options.
Can’t see myself going out too much in this weather as I can only go out in the late evenings and by then it’s around zero or below. Also judging by the amount of white on my other cars, they appear to be salting in force.

I’d rather the car be covered in dried mud for months at a time than salt!
Thanks for the tip though :)

Associate
Got my Z4 back after it being in at my local BMW indy to get a new electric water pump and thermostat fitted after the notorious N52 water pump failure reared its head. Had them fit a new oil filter housing and carry out an Inspection 1. The final bill was considerable but worthwhile IMO.

Pleased to get her back, couldn't resist putting the hood down on the drive back. Thank goodness for heated seats and wooly hats!! :D

IMG-20220121-140205.jpg

IMG-20220121-140212.jpg

Always nice to see a Z4 with the roof down no matter the weather. Just as it should be :cool:

Associate
The roads haven't dried out since I picked up the ST, so far I've been lighting up the traction control light up in 3rd so can't wait to be able to open it up properly.

Washed it properly today, wasn't a fan of the MK4 Focus when it came out but it's grown on me. Slightly biased but I think Magnetic grey suits it the best, not a fan of performance blue on the new cars - spirit blue/deep impact blue on the older STs looks better.

free image hosting
looks very nice. I do like the grey and the wheels complement the colour well

Soldato
If it wasn't raining, the roof was always down when I was in my Z4, chuck the heated seats on, heater on max job done.

Even had the roof down when there was fog that thick I could barely see brake lights...and the speedo xD Another time I had the roof down in snow...It's just a great experience, especially when you had a nice straight six soundtrack to listen to.

Don
If it wasn't raining, the roof was always down when I was in my Z4, chuck the heated seats on, heater on max job done.

Even had the roof down when there was fog that thick I could barely see brake lights...and the speedo xD Another time I had the roof down in snow...It's just a great experience, especially when you had a nice straight six soundtrack to listen to.

I'm the same in the 650 but I have a lovely V8 soundtrack instead. :D

Back
Top Bottom