*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Caporegime
Don't want to make any disparaging comments about BF2042, but damn, the 3rd person animations in BFV were fantastic!

so what he's saying is BF isn't a AAA title any more but a budget cash in.

None of these things likely add "value" to the game it's just extra costs with no pay offs.

strip it all out if it's not a micro transaction/crypto/NFT or a milker we don't want it

Associate
I'm quick glad I refunded it after my mates played the open weekend then warned me about it. I played an hour then got my money back.
Yup pretty much same with me, except I was the first to refund it. Definitely not worth the £70 I had initially paid out for it.

To me it just didn't feel like a Battlefield game, I'd rather just continue playing Battlefield 3/4.

Soldato
This is the first bf i Havent bought, after the the mess that was bfv and bf1 (disliked both) it put me off buying.

after reading this thread every day and laughing at the schadenfreude I'm glad i stood to my guns and kept my money. Will continue playing bf4!

Associate
It's quite funny reading the reviews for BF4 at launch, for a game that people now consider to be one of the absolute best.

This one especially:

'I have been playing Battlefield games since Battlefield 2 and have liked every one of them, but this, this is so dumbed down its not funny. Nothing feels precise, movement just feels "off" and the unbelievable amount of bugs and crashes is just amazing. Why release a game that OBVIOUSLY isn't finished!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING DICE!!!'

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/battlefield-4/user-reviews

You could basically copy that review, slap it in this thread and you'd have lots of people quoting it saying 'yeah spot on'.

There is lot of legitimate criticism of 2042, but that criticism is being easily drowned right now in the whole '2042 so bad, am i right or what' echo chamber.

Caporegime
People who've followed the franchise would agree that BF4 was a mess at launch, however, the fundamentals were absolutely there for a good game.

When you watch that video @DEL 707 posted above, you can see they no longer give one winnet of a **** and the game is lightyears away from being one of the best.

Associate
Nothing feels precise, movement just feels "off" and the unbelievable amount of bugs and crashes is just amazing. Why release a game that OBVIOUSLY isn't finished!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING DICE!!!'
Review was spot on. BF4 needed several updates to fix netcode and performance and bugs.
2042 is worse, because even after fixing the technical side, gameplay is still bad.

Back
Top Bottom