Show Us Your Motors!

Don
Yes, still got it. It's got a slight misfire at idle that I'm trying to chase down - no codes, no vacuum leaks, scratching my head tbh.
It's been a very reliable car actually. Starts every morning on the button and the engine note gives me a smile every time I drive it.

Don
It's only very slight. It's more than likely needing new plugs or it's a coil going bad.
I'm waiting for warmer weather before I do that job because it's a bit of pain getting to the rear most plugs.

Soldato
Always nice to see a Z4 with the roof down no matter the weather. Just as it should be :cool:

If it wasn't raining, the roof was always down when I was in my Z4, chuck the heated seats on, heater on max job done.

Even had the roof down when there was fog that thick I could barely see brake lights...and the speedo xD Another time I had the roof down in snow...It's just a great experience, especially when you had a nice straight six soundtrack to listen to.

My thoughts exactly, chaps :cool:

More gratuitous Z4 shots, nipped out on Sunday for a quick run I'd normally do on my BMW K1300S bike, locally known as 'The circuit' - Stirling>>Callander>>Lochearnhead>>Glenogle>>St Fillans>>Crieff>>Gleneagles............again, top down, heated seats and blowers on, lunch halfway round, can't beat it!! :D

IMG-20220123-141021.jpg

IMG-20220123-141053.jpg

IMG-20220123-141846.jpg

IMG-20220123-143724.jpg

IMG-20220123-143827.jpg

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Love those Z4s.

Just picked up my new sensible family car tonight.

Golf6x4.jpg

MK7.5 GTI.

Could have got an R but I think the GTI looks way better and they aren't as common.
Best colour! :cool:
I agree RE: GTI vs R by the way.

Congrats.

More gratuitous Z4 shots, nipped out on Sunday for a quick run I'd normally do on my BMW K1300S bike, locally known as 'The circuit' - Stirling>>Callander>>Lochearnhead>>Glenogle>>St Fillans>>Crieff>>Gleneagles............again, top down, heated seats and blowers on, lunch halfway round, can't beat it!! :D

IMG-20220123-141021.jpg

IMG-20220123-141053.jpg

IMG-20220123-141846.jpg

IMG-20220123-143724.jpg

IMG-20220123-143827.jpg

Great car, amazing views. Very jealous, I'm itching to get up there and sample the roads.

Associate

Have you changed the front lights? They look different to my Z4!

Soldato
Have you changed the front lights? They look different to my Z4!

I think they are standard? Came like that when I bought it last year so not sure.

Great car, amazing views. Very jealous, I'm itching to get up there and sample the roads.

Yes, we are kind of spoiled up here with a fantastic selection of roads. I'm planning on taking the Z4 up through Glencoe and back down via Ullapool and Connel/Dalmally in the Spring, yet another route I'd normally do on one of the bikes.

Associate

Nice, I'd never thought to do that as a circuit before. Usually just head up Glenshee way for a blast from Dundee.

What's the best spot for food? :D

Soldato
Nice, I'd never thought to do that as a circuit before. Usually just head up Glenshee way for a blast from Dundee.

What's the best spot for food? :D

Glenshee is a nice destination to head for, agreed. That circuit I take includes Glenogle as its only 5 mins or so up from Lochearnhead and has some excellent photo spots. Then you about turn and come back down to Lochearnhead again and hang a left to St Fillans. There are various spots along the way for lunch, depends on what you are looking for. There's an excellent little cafe in St Fillans just across from the bridge that goes over the river near the war memorial - this one is popular with bikers, it does amazing breakfast rolls all day and other filled rolls plus great coffee. I also take my own lunch with me sometimes so you can stop anywhere you want at the roadside and take in the views while eating :cool:

Associate
They are the standard lights on the facelift non-Si car. The Si models have a lighter interior in the headlight unit, so yours is either a pre facelift car or an Si?
Yep mine is an Si. Good spot! I was going to ask how hard it was to fit better lights if he had, but ye, obviously not now!

Back
Top Bottom