Huel: The Future of Food ..

Associate
It's quite shocking seeing so many people fall for this Huel "food food" marketing guff. You are paying through the nose for the convenience of someone else feeing you far less tasty versions of what you could easily be feeding yourself for the same cost or less.

Just build a good routine of whipping up some healthy food every day, in batches is also helpful, and you will never need this stuff. If this is the future of food, then prepare for a future devoid of culinary satisfaction. It's pure convenience.

I'm a shift worker and often don't get a chance to get back to my office to heat up food let alone 10 minutes to sit down and eat so Huel is the perfect solution for me. Keep it in my kit bag and drink it when I get hungry, it fills me up and keeps me going. No faffing around. I only use it on work days.

Slightly blinkered opinion. Huel is a great solution for a lot of people for various reasons. As for paying through the nose think it works out around £1.50ish a shake.

Soldato
Feel free to stick it in the post to me. I'll 'dispose'of it for you. :D

Joking aside, do you actually want it? I've had it for a little while now (opened) - unsure if it expires or anything? (can it expire?) If you're happy to pay the postage I can send it no problem - it's one bag of the vanilla and one bag of chocolate and I've had maybe 3 or 4 shakes out of each one so they are pretty full still. You can have the shaker/bottle as well if you want an extra one?

Permabanned
Joking aside, do you actually want it? I've had it for a little while now (opened) - unsure if it expires or anything? (can it expire?) If you're happy to pay the postage I can send it no problem - it's one bag of the vanilla and one bag of chocolate and I've had maybe 3 or 4 shakes out of each one so they are pretty full still. You can have the shaker/bottle as well if you want an extra one?

To my knowledge it lasts a while. I'll send you a trust :D

Associate
So before Christmas, I ordered the Huel Black Edition but I ordered it in a hurry and messed it up so ended up ordering 3 bags of the Mexican Chilli which as it turns out, I don't like. I spoke to the Customer Services team on email at Huel and they were fantastic. I said I wanted to refund it and they said I could keep the bags and they refunded the cost of the unopened bags and they sent me a box of the protein bars for free.

With regards to the Mexican Chilli meal; I just didn't like the texture. It really felt like baby food although the taste wasn't too bad. For anyone that's had the Mexican Chilli and other meals, do they all have the same texture?

Permabanned
That's fantastic support from Huel, fair play.

I ordered some of the chilli myself and don't like the texture either for the same reason. Haven't tried any of the others for the same reason.

Soldato
With regards to the Mexican Chilli meal; I just didn't like the texture. It really felt like baby food although the taste wasn't too bad. For anyone that's had the Mexican Chilli and other meals, do they all have the same texture?

The Thai curry is a similar texture.

The Mac and cheese is totally different though, a nice goopy pasta and sauce.

Anyone tried the Cajun pasta yet?

Soldato
Got my delivery, tried the Cajun Pasta. Pretty decent actually, I'll be keeping it on my subscription. I'd defintely choose it over the chilli/thai curry. Will give the Chick n Mushroom a go tomorrow.

Soldato
Had to try the Chick 'n Mushroom as an afternoon snack :D

Review : bland. Inoffensive, but very bland. I won't order it again.

Might chuck some hot sauce in while I'm finishing this bag.

Soldato
Actually, I shook the bag up properly and tried the pasta ones again....much better. More sauce, more flavour. Cajun Pasta got a nice kick to it. Chick'n Mushroom still a bit meh. Neither as good as Mac N Cheese, but the cajun smell is a lot better:D

Permabanned
I had another Chilli one the other night after the gym, the texture I don't think is far off from a bowel of soggy Cheerios and found it a bit spicy for my liking too and strong in flavour. Not a bad thing though, just not to my taste.

Sticking to the shakes myself and leaving it at that.

Soldato
It's quite shocking seeing so many people fall for this Huel "food food" marketing guff. You are paying through the nose for the convenience of someone else feeing you far less tasty versions of what you could easily be feeding yourself for the same cost or less.

Just build a good routine of whipping up some healthy food every day, in batches is also helpful, and you will never need this stuff. If this is the future of food, then prepare for a future devoid of culinary satisfaction. It's pure convenience.
I work 12 hours a day in the office. I always cook for myself in the evening and appreciate that I could just do leftovers for lunch, but the Huel hot food isn't that bad, tastes better than most stuff you'd get from Pret and is cheaper, and frees up a bit of time and brain space, and room in my bag (I cycle to work and already carry a laptop and gym kit). In short, I agree with you in principle but the hot and savoury stuff works as a lunch given my lifestyle

SPG

SPG

Soldato

And the problem with that is ?

Back
Top Bottom