• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Xbox and Microsoft is good for competition. It keeps Sony on their toes and such. Just wondering though.. have Xbox released any triple A exclusives yet ? I know starfield is in the works, and perhaps it’s their first ?

ljt

ljt

Soldato
What using Microsoft Windows and associated apps using almost monopoly money to mess over the console space? GP is losing money, Phil Spencer talks to his over lord Satya Nadella 'give me the money sat in the bank earning nothing, Activison is low on the stock market and i will give you the netflix of gaming'. Buy's Activision.

You can cheer all you like but if think Microsoft getting a upper-hold in anything is good on you. The American government is in the mood to boost American mega Corp. to counter Chinese mega corps.

Microsoft will do what the fk they like for the foreseeable.

90's reign back on Microsoft yeah that ain't happening.

lol What??

Game pass is great, so much so I have barely turned on my PS5 since getting it as Xbox ecosystem is now far far better. There are very few titles that require you to pay for 60fps! They actively updated a whole load of older games to 60 fps for free. Lots of 3rd party games have had patches to unlock 60fps and more too (again all for nothing).

As @MOOGLEYS said - They updated TLOU2 to 60fps for nothing. They could have done the same for U4, or at least gone down the same route as Ghost of Tsushima and done a free 60fps patch for the base game and also offered a "better" version with 60fps and enhanced visuals if you wanted to pay extra. At least you had the choice. I would have been happy with a free 60fps of U4 PS4 Pro version, without the extra bells and whistles like dualshock support which I couldn't care less about.

Soldato
lol What??

Game pass is great, so much so I have barely turned on my PS5 since getting it as Xbox ecosystem is now far far better. There are very few titles that require you to pay for 60fps! They actively updated a whole load of older games to 60 fps for free. Lots of 3rd party games have had patches to unlock 60fps and more too (again all for nothing).

As @MOOGLEYS said - They updated TLOU2 to 60fps for nothing. They could have done the same for U4, or at least gone down the same route as Ghost of Tsushima and done a free 60fps patch for the base game and also offered a "better" version with 60fps and enhanced visuals if you wanted to pay extra. At least you had the choice. I would have been happy with a free 60fps of U4 PS4 Pro version, without the extra bells and whistles like dualshock support which I couldn't care less about.
You realise there is a world outside the room you game in? There is never something for nothing.

UT4 is 6 years old why give it a free patch that requires developers and quality assurance that it runs ok (that PC does not bother with). And add features..... Or for free because you work for free don't you.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's likely they updated TLoU2 to 60fps to help drive sales, more than anything. It was less than a year old at that point.

I love a bargain as much as - if not more than - anyone and a free update would've been very welcome, but £5 per game to get added visual enhancements, full DualSense support and instant load times, plus a free Uncharted film ticket, is a decent deal in my eyes. For those that didn't already have Lost Legacy, it's even better.

I'm not entirely sure where I stand on the PS Plus version not being eligible but I can at least understand why.

Soldato
It's likely they updated TLoU2 to 60fps to help drive sales, more than anything. It was less than a year old at that point.

I love a bargain as much as - if not more than - anyone and a free update would've been very welcome, but £5 per game to get added visual enhancements, full DualSense support and instant load times, plus a free Uncharted film ticket, is a decent deal in my eyes. For those that didn't already have Lost Legacy, it's even better.

I'm not entirely sure where I stand on the PS Plus version not being eligible but I can at least understand why.
Exactly even though Sony does not want to say TLoU2 sold less than they expected and since is was within 2 years of release it got a free boost.

Last edited:
Soldato

Aye. I haven’t played lost legacy. But got it for a tenner. Which is fair play for me. Playing through uc4 again first. Mopping up the treasures.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Read my updated reply.

I have, and you obviously never read my earlier reply.

TLOU2 was a simple update to change the fps limit on the PS4 Pro version - from 30fps to 60fps. That's all that changed, no extras, nothing. It was probably 1 line of code to change the FPS cap from 30 to 60.

GoT did exactly the same thing with their game, they simply upped the fps cap to 60. They also then released a more "enhanced" edition with more focus on graphical fidelity settings etc and charged for it (which I'm fine with)

All I was saying (if you had actually read what I wrote) was that they could have done something similar with U4. A simple change of framerate from 30 to 60 for the PS4 Pro version (the PS5 would have been more than capable of running the PS4 Pro version at 60fps) And then also released the "enhanced" version like they have and charged for it, at least you had the choice like GoT and TLOU2.

Soldato
I have, and you obviously never read my earlier reply.

TLOU2 was a simple update to change the fps limit on the PS4 Pro version - from 30fps to 60fps. That's all that changed, no extras, nothing. It was probably 1 line of code to change the FPS cap from 30 to 60.

GoT did exactly the same thing with their game, they simply upped the fps cap to 60. They also then released a more "enhanced" edition with more focus on graphical fidelity settings etc and charged for it (which I'm fine with)

All I was saying (if you had actually read what I wrote) was that they could have done something similar with U4. A simple change of framerate from 30 to 60 for the PS4 Pro version (the PS5 would have been more than capable of running the PS4 Pro version at 60fps) And then also released the "enhanced" version like they have and charged for it, at least you had the choice like GoT and TLOU2.

TLOU2 was a under sold game that was under a year or so old..... UT4 is 6 years old..

As i said in another post who is paying for the quality assurance that the games works all the way through at a certain quality setting? "Just up the setting!...." Do no testing at all of what the engine can do....

PC quality setting is the wild west it's up the user to sort that and is probably why they are cheaper on release.

GoT same thing under a year or two year old game...

I know they should release PS5 patches for games that released on the PS4 release day....

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
Man you’re in for a treat LL is like the perfect Uncharted game.

So many great set pieces and battle areas. I've always loved the gun physics in 4 and Lost Legacy. The way how the belts move when in action, the muzzle glows and flashes, the bullets you see flying out and the cracks of gunfire bouncing off areas. As well as the reloading details.

Soldato
So many great set pieces and battle areas. I've always loved the gun physics in 4 and Lost Legacy. The way how the belts move when in action, the muzzle glows and flashes, the bullets you see flying out and the cracks of gunfire bouncing off areas. As well as the reloading details.
Only games i replay. ND need to get their s together. Last i heard they seem to be working on a TLOU2 multiplayer like over 2 years since the TLOU2 released.... i mean it would get some success but i really don't think it will last beyond the 2 month hype.

Last edited:

ljt

ljt

Soldato
TLOU2 was a under sold game that was under a year or so old..... UT4 is 6 years old..

As i said in another post who is paying for the quality assurance that the games works all the way through at a certain quality setting? "Just up the setting!...." Do no testing at all of what the engine can do....

PC quality setting is the wild west it's up the user to sort that and is probably why they are cheaper on release.

GoT same thing under a year or two year old game...

I know they should release PS5 patches for games that released on the PS4 release day....

Did you not comprehend in the slightest?. I didn't ask for better graphics, just unlock the last gen version to 60fps . I guarantee the PS5 has enough brute force to run U4 PS4 Pro build at 60fps without even bothering to QA it.

All I am saying is out of the 2 consoles I own, Microsoft are supporting their own and 3rd party older games far far better than Sony with things such as FPS boost, even Xbox 360 games are getting 60fps treatment! There are loads of older games patched for 60fps at no extra charge and it's showing Sony up.

At least Sony are finally starting to move though, by releasing their own version of game pass in the near future. I'll wait and see what that brings, but I can't really see me keeping the PS5 if they can't match Xbox in terms of support for games.

Soldato
Getting caught up in the Elden Ring hype but I've never finished a From game ever probably as I don't have the concentration or patience or skill lol. It just looks quite good and I enjoyed the time I spent with Bloodborne and DS even if I had no desire to finish them.
Guess its more of the rolling simulator gameplay though so I'll probably go for Horizon instead. Got enough nectar points to get either 'free'.

Soldato
Getting caught up in the Elden Ring hype but I've never finished a From game ever probably as I don't have the concentration or patience or skill lol. It just looks quite good and I enjoyed the time I spent with Bloodborne and DS even if I had no desire to finish them.
Guess its more of the rolling simulator gameplay though so I'll probably go for Horizon instead. Got enough nectar points to get either 'free'.
Feel the same but I’ve ordered it anyway. Looks great.

Back
Top Bottom