• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
Did you not comprehend in the slightest?. I didn't ask for better graphics, just unlock the last gen version to 60fps . I guarantee the PS5 has enough brute force to run U4 PS4 Pro build at 60fps without even bothering to QA it.

All I am saying is out of the 2 consoles I own, Microsoft are supporting their own and 3rd party older games far far better than Sony with things such as FPS boost, even Xbox 360 games are getting 60fps treatment! There are loads of older games patched for 60fps at no extra charge and it's showing Sony up.

At least Sony are finally starting to move though, by releasing their own version of game pass in the near future. I'll wait and see what that brings, but I can't really see me keeping the PS5 if they can't match Xbox in terms of support for games.

Oww you guarantee... Who are you? A system architect? "no but i stack shelfs in Tesco".

Soldato
I have ordered elden ring, looks amazing.

I generally like all the from games. Loved dark souls and demon souls and platinumed bloodbourne. In having a real crisis of confidence with sekiro though! I want to get it finished before elden ring. I'm stuck on the shinobi master owl fight at the top of the castle. What has shaken my confidence is that I am finding this one tough, but I gather that the subsequent bosses are even worse. Wish me luck...

Soldato
Did you not comprehend in the slightest?. I didn't ask for better graphics, just unlock the last gen version to 60fps . I guarantee the PS5 has enough brute force to run U4 PS4 Pro build at 60fps without even bothering to QA it.

All I am saying is out of the 2 consoles I own, Microsoft are supporting their own and 3rd party older games far far better than Sony with things such as FPS boost, even Xbox 360 games are getting 60fps treatment! There are loads of older games patched for 60fps at no extra charge and it's showing Sony up.

At least Sony are finally starting to move though, by releasing their own version of game pass in the near future. I'll wait and see what that brings, but I can't really see me keeping the PS5 if they can't match Xbox in terms of support for games.

Their differing approaches to supporting older titles and future updates was fairly clear even before either console was released. If anything, Sony very much undersold their PS4 backwards compatibility, and it wasn't until people like Digital Foundry started to get their hands on it that it emerged the BC implementation was a lot more capable than initially suggested. It completely exceeded my expectations anyway.

The excellent selection of actual PS5 titles over the past year more than makes up for any shortcomings in enhancing games I've already played.

Soldato
Getting caught up in the Elden Ring hype but I've never finished a From game ever probably as I don't have the concentration or patience or skill lol. It just looks quite good and I enjoyed the time I spent with Bloodborne and DS even if I had no desire to finish them.
Guess its more of the rolling simulator gameplay though so I'll probably go for Horizon instead. Got enough nectar points to get either 'free'.
Feeling the same, I'm going to wait for reviews. See what is really like.

Soldato
I’ve cancelled my GT7 pre-order. It’ll have to wait. I’ve got Dying Light 2, Horizon and Elden Ring all dropping quite close together so I am not going to have much time for it. Maybe in a few months I’ll grab it.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Their differing approaches to supporting older titles and future updates was fairly clear even before either console was released. If anything, Sony very much undersold their PS4 backwards compatibility, and it wasn't until people like Digital Foundry started to get their hands on it that it emerged the BC implementation was a lot more capable than initially suggested. It completely exceeded my expectations anyway.

The excellent selection of actual PS5 titles over the past year more than makes up for any shortcomings in enhancing games I've already played.

I suppose it comes down to personal preference. Backward compatibility is very important to me due to limited gaming time.

Xbox has always been my primary console as all my mates only have Xbox. All my PlayStation consoles have been secondary, for the odd exclusive that I find interesting.

Coupled with the fact that gaming time is limited meant I didn't really get many games on release (especially on PS) For example on my PS4 Pro, I think I only ever played through about 5 games over its lifetime.

This meant when I got the new Xbox and PS5 I had quite a few older games from the previous generations that I would have liked to have a go at. With Xbox and gamepass it was great, and a lot of those games I missed out on last gen I get to go through now with 60fps versions with no real additional cost. Unfortunately there isn't anything equivalent on PS5 (yet) which I hope there will be. Since getting the PS5 last June I've only played TLOU2 after it was patched!

There are only about 4 games I'm actually interested in trying on PS5 and they are;

God of War 4 which I believe has also had a free 60fps patch.

GoT, I'd be happy playing the standard game with the free 60fps patch.

Miles Morales

The new Horizon game.

However I'm going to hold out and see if any of those end up on Sonys rumoured game pass competitor before jumping in. Other than those there isn't anything else that interests me yet.

Soldato
I’ve cancelled my GT7 pre-order. It’ll have to wait. I’ve got Dying Light 2, Horizon and Elden Ring all dropping quite close together so I am not going to have much time for it. Maybe in a few months I’ll grab it.
For me I’m going for gt7 and horizon I think. They’re the two that interest me most. Looking forward to finally getting a proper GT experience since the last I played was probably 4.

Soldato
Forbidden West looks great, but I need to go back and finish the first one before I even contemplate picking it up. Hopefully all the fuss about the new one spurs me on to get it done, finally.

Soldato
Forbidden West looks great, but I need to go back and finish the first one before I even contemplate picking it up. Hopefully all the fuss about the new one spurs me on to get it done, finally.
Recently went through it all and the dlc and really enjoyed it. 1st full play through. So much better with the extra frames. Really excited for the sequel now.

Caporegime
I can’t stop gushing about this machine. I freaking love it. Such a shame it took so long to get one. I’m really enjoying catching up on the old PS4 titles I’ve been saving with the 60fps.

Back
Top Bottom