• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
It is not money grabbing, it is trying to provide a solution, you won't be getting a 3080
That is literally a bait and switch if I order something of value say 1 gold coin and the value of gold tripples. saying oh there is no more we can do here is a refund is down right scandalous. I bought something and I expected you to hold your end of the agreement. How would you feel gibbo if you ordered a car and waited so long only to be this close. In the queue to be told no we can't supply you car for excuse x/y/z

OcUK Staff
That is literally a bait and switch if I order something of value say 1 gold coin and the value of gold tripples. saying oh there is no more we can do here is a refund is down right scandalous. I bought something and I expected you to hold your end of the agreement. How would you feel gibbo if you ordered a car and waited so long only to be this close. In the queue to be told no we can't supply you car for excuse x/y/z

I would be pretty upset, but at the same time they wanted to sell me that car just like we wanted to sell you that 3080. If for whatever reason, pandemic, parts shortage, earth quake or simply demand exceeded what they can supply I will consider myself one of the unlucky ones and accept that is the case, throwing my toys out the pram, shouting and screaming won't get me anywhere.

The car thing has happened to me and I just accepted it because if something cannot be supplied, it cannot be supplied. As such I placed a deposit for something else six months ago which fingers cross will arrive in June, if some disaster happens and they cannot supply me one, yep sad times but I know I will get my few grand deposit back and that is that.
It is not an OcUK thing, its a worldwide shortage effecting all.

All we can do is apologise but it is very common knowledge that 3080's are essentially as rare as hens teeth and OcUK mails all customers weekly with a queue position and option to get a refund, OcUK has not forced you or anyone to wait, it has been your decision to not request a refund.
We pushed very hard, we upgraded as many customers as we could free of charge whilst our losses were around £100 or so per card, the cost prices then exploded so customers have been offered alternatives or paid for upgrades and since then supply has become pretty much none existent on 3080's so the only option has been to select a different card and refund/pay difference or request a refund.

End of the day as a company we would far rather supply the product, but the product is not available to do so and if we were talking a few quid loss per card or even a £100 or so we would upgrade customers to the 12G version or the 3080Ti, but when its over £500 loss per card that is something we cannot do for obvious reasons. Not a lot we can do if the products are not coming. That is why I've been saying for months on the forum people should get a refund and try their hardest to get a NVIDIA FE 3080 as that is and will be the only way to get a 3080 FE at MSRP.

Associate
I would be pretty upset, but at the same time they wanted to sell me that car just like we wanted to sell you that 3080. If for whatever reason, pandemic, parts shortage, earth quake or simply demand exceeded what they can supply I will consider myself one of the unlucky ones and accept that is the case, throwing my toys out the pram, shouting and screaming won't get me anywhere.

The car thing has happened to me and I just accepted it because if something cannot be supplied, it cannot be supplied. As such I placed a deposit for something else six months ago which fingers cross will arrive in June, if some disaster happens and they cannot supply me one, yep sad times but I know I will get my few grand deposit back and that is that.
It is not an OcUK thing, its a worldwide shortage effecting all.

All we can do is apologise but it is very common knowledge that 3080's are essentially as rare as hens teeth and OcUK mails all customers weekly with a queue position and option to get a refund, OcUK has not forced you or anyone to wait, it has been your decision to not request a refund.
We pushed very hard, we upgraded as many customers as we could free of charge whilst our losses were around £100 or so per card, the cost prices then exploded so customers have been offered alternatives or paid for upgrades and since then supply has become pretty much none existent on 3080's so the only option has been to select a different card and refund/pay difference or request a refund.

End of the day as a company we would far rather supply the product, but the product is not available to do so and if we were talking a few quid loss per card or even a £100 or so we would upgrade customers to the 12G version or the 3080Ti, but when its over £500 loss per card that is something we cannot do for obvious reasons. Not a lot we can do if the products are not coming. That is why I've been saying for months on the forum people should get a refund and try their hardest to get a NVIDIA FE 3080 as that is and will be the only way to get a 3080 FE at MSRP.
Suggesting I am toddler/baby in a pram is very rude. Am upset at the fact that the company has such horrible practices/service In the matter. Your right refund is the only option. And one the company should do on mass. Why keep there money (QUOTE) not getting your 3080 (QUOTE) I you have no intention of clearing the company's back order.

OcUK Staff
Suggesting I am toddler/baby in a pram is very rude. Am upset at the fact that the company has such horrible practices/service In the matter. Your right refund is the only option. And one the company should do on mass. Why keep there money (QUOTE) not getting your 3080 (QUOTE) I you have no intention of clearing the company's back order.

That decision is with upper management, I think people like yourself have hoped and held out that maybe the pandemic would end, mining craze would end and everything would have come back to some sort of normality, increased supply due to less demand and as such also reduced pricing, it is after all what you want, it is what we want and I know the company is now thinking there is simply zero chance of that ever happening now, as such the mass refunding I suspect will happen at some point in the near future as it seems there won't be a return to normality this year and by 2023 the next thing will no doubt be here and no doubt at even higher prices considering TSMC have announced they are considering or will be doing another 20% price increase soon.

Not much we can do, other than apologise. When there has been hopes things may change for the better, things actually just seem to get worse.

Associate
That decision is with upper management, I think people like yourself have hoped and held out that maybe the pandemic would end, mining craze would end and everything would have come back to some sort of normality, increased supply due to less demand and as such also reduced pricing, it is after all what you want, it is what we want and I know the company is now thinking there is simply zero chance of that ever happening now, as such the mass refunding I suspect will happen at some point in the near future as it seems there won't be a return to normality this year and by 2023 the next thing will no doubt be here and no doubt at even higher prices considering TSMC have announced they are considering or will be doing another 20% price increase soon.

Not much we can do, other than apologise. When there has been hopes things may change for the better, things actually just seem to get worse.
Thank you for responding so quick I know you are not personally at blame but the blunt of frustrations lands on you. You are so it may seem to be the face of the forum side. Wish you all the luck in the future. Thank you for reading

Associate
Anyone still waiting just needs to request a refund and be done with it, you are waiting for something that will never be fulfilled...

I was angry with OC at this situation and then realized it really has been out of there control from the start.

More comms at the start would have been better mind ! but alas it is what it is.

Good luck finding cards out in the wild !

Associate
Anyone still waiting just needs to request a refund and be done with it, you are waiting for something that will never be fulfilled...

I was angry with OC at this situation and then realized it really has been out of there control from the start.

More comms at the start would have been better mind ! but alas it is what it is.

Good luck finding cards out in the wild !

To be honest, I'd have sent for a refund, but then I'm having to look for a card thats STILL going to take several months to get here, and I'm going to be upcharged for it simply because companies like OCUK know that they can. Obviously I understand that "ThAtS jUsT cApItAlIsM", but the fact of the matter is that I'd rather keep an order where I've spent 800 instead of cancelling it, only to try to reorder and have them charge 2000.

It's all well and good to claim "just cancel it", but given OCUK's track record with transparency about the situation, I find it incredibly hard to believe that I'd get the refund in the next few months anyways.

Soldato
To be honest, I'd have sent for a refund, but then I'm having to look for a card thats STILL going to take several months to get here, and I'm going to be upcharged for it simply because companies like OCUK know that they can. Obviously I understand that "ThAtS jUsT cApItAlIsM", but the fact of the matter is that I'd rather keep an order where I've spent 800 instead of cancelling it, only to try to reorder and have them charge 2000.

It's all well and good to claim "just cancel it", but given OCUK's track record with transparency about the situation, I find it incredibly hard to believe that I'd get the refund in the next few months anyways.

you would get it by friday; as was teh case when an order i placed i had to cancel due to the item being OOS.

Associate

You'll get it pretty much straight away, stop being hyperbolic.

Yeah i was annoyed i waited nearly a year for a card that was never going to be shipped, its not OCUK's fault regarding what happened to the supply chain, my main issue was that OCUK were saying they were Nvidia's preferred partner in the UK, that doesn't look to have been the case.

Soldato
You'll get it pretty much straight away, stop being hyperbolic.

Yeah i was annoyed i waited nearly a year for a card that was never going to be shipped, its not OCUK's fault regarding what happened to the supply chain, my main issue was that OCUK were saying they were Nvidia's preferred partner in the UK, that doesn't look to have been the case.
Surely by now if people are not going to be getting the cards then the refunds should be automatic.

Associate
The 3080 is EOL, hence people need to request refunds or select a different product.

All remaining back orders are emailed every week, stating queue position and that cancelling or selecting a different product is recommended.

Also prices are not dropping, they are still increasing in cost from the manufacturers, any price drop been spotted is just resellers moving price or a change in currency.
China is looking to be having a severe Covid problem and as such the longer outlook is prices will remain firm or go up more, 3080 10G is no longer been made by board partners and even the LHR versions are extremely scarce and the 12G version are coming through in extremely smaller numbers and cost pretty much the same as a 3080Ti.........
I wish this were true. The emails were originally weekly but are now closer to monthly and most importantly, they've at no point recommended canceling/selecting different product, it's been the same message from beginning to end - queue number, we're working hard to get stock/link to forums, you can cancel if you want.

If there's crucial information e.g. the product I've ordered is no longer being produced, surely that should be in the email and not just a forum thread. If I'd had this info when the card went EOL, I'd have followed the recommendation ages ago. Instead I've only just checked the forums as queue updates have slowed. I've not been following the situation closely after placing my order in Nov 2020, content to just wait however long is needed as my 1080 does the job well enough.

Why not just refund everyone or, if for whatever reason that's not possible, at least communicate to everyone in the queue, by email, that they should 100% get a refund? I'll get a refund and move on but OCUK please sort out your comms

JLV

JLV

Associate
I wish this were true. The emails were originally weekly but are now closer to monthly and most importantly, they've at no point recommended canceling/selecting different product, it's been the same message from beginning to end - queue number, we're working hard to get stock/link to forums, you can cancel if you want.

If there's crucial information e.g. the product I've ordered is no longer being produced, surely that should be in the email and not just a forum thread. If I'd had this info when the card went EOL, I'd have followed the recommendation ages ago. Instead I've only just checked the forums as queue updates have slowed. I've not been following the situation closely after placing my order in Nov 2020, content to just wait however long is needed as my 1080 does the job well enough.

Why not just refund everyone or, if for whatever reason that's not possible, at least communicate to everyone in the queue, by email, that they should 100% get a refund? I'll get a refund and move on but OCUK please sort out your comms

Love how you say there has been zero info from OCUK on all things GPU shortage related - they have an entire thread in their forums dedicated to advice surrounding what to do with stock issues - you placed your order in Nov 20' - here is a lovely little link that you will see had frequent updates ( https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...ries-how-to-cancel-your-order.18899277/page-9 ) of which the first post was a few months prior to you even placing your order, and fair enough the last was post was in Sept 21 (albeit this is the crucial one where it specifically states what you say they haven't done, which is basically advise people to request refunds or upgrade) - so instead your solution is to jump on this thread, complain that there has been zero contact (which clearly is not true), and best of all, you've not bothered to follow up for nearly 1.5 years? Makes no sense my dude. What would you rather they do? Fulfill or upgrade the first 50-100 people in Q in front of you, at a complete loss of roughly £400-700 per card to them directly and go bust? Thereby leaving you and hundreds if not thousands of others completely out of pocket by not having the option to refund or upgrade? Simple supply and demand at play here, just realize you don't live in 2020 anymore and prices are nowhere near MSRP of pre 2020 - you want one, there are plenty in stock these days, if you are willing to pay for it and be flexible on the card you end up with :p

Not having a go at you personally, I just don't see very many people actually having something positive to say about how OCUK have handled this whole situation, could they have done better? Sure - did they however probably do their best with changing info every week, I'd venture a guess and say yes, given if you do your homework you will see nearly every other retailer of a similar nature has had the same if not worse feedback than OCUK during this whole issue.

And before you ask, no I did not get the exact card I had ordered, I ending up having to pay above "MSRP" when I finally had to (old GPU died, 1070 Zotac card served me well for many a year), just figured I'd mention that before you or someone else tries to say I am just a happy customer that has just had his way with luck in the Q system.

Associate
Love how you say there has been zero info from OCUK on all things GPU shortage related - they have an entire thread in their forums dedicated to advice surrounding what to do with stock issues - you placed your order in Nov 20' - here is a lovely little link that you will see had frequent updates ( https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...ries-how-to-cancel-your-order.18899277/page-9 ) of which the first post was a few months prior to you even placing your order, and fair enough the last was post was in Sept 21 (albeit this is the crucial one where it specifically states what you say they haven't done, which is basically advise people to request refunds or upgrade) - so instead your solution is to jump on this thread, complain that there has been zero contact (which clearly is not true), and best of all, you've not bothered to follow up for nearly 1.5 years? Makes no sense my dude. What would you rather they do? Fulfill or upgrade the first 50-100 people in Q in front of you, at a complete loss of roughly £400-700 per card to them directly and go bust? Thereby leaving you and hundreds if not thousands of others completely out of pocket by not having the option to refund or upgrade? Simple supply and demand at play here, just realize you don't live in 2020 anymore and prices are nowhere near MSRP of pre 2020 - you want one, there are plenty in stock these days, if you are willing to pay for it and be flexible on the card you end up with :p

Not having a go at you personally, I just don't see very many people actually having something positive to say about how OCUK have handled this whole situation, could they have done better? Sure - did they however probably do their best with changing info every week, I'd venture a guess and say yes, given if you do your homework you will see nearly every other retailer of a similar nature has had the same if not worse feedback than OCUK during this whole issue.

And before you ask, no I did not get the exact card I had ordered, I ending up having to pay above "MSRP" when I finally had to (old GPU died, 1070 Zotac card served me well for many a year), just figured I'd mention that before you or someone else tries to say I am just a happy customer that has just had his way with luck in the Q system.
Slight misunderstanding, I have no issues at all with how OCUK handled their orders - absolutely fair play for helping those they could at a loss. My issue is purely with the email communications and what's been stated in this thread - OCUK staff saying they've constantly emailed with recommendations to cancel preorders, that's just not true.

There's obviously plenty of info in the forums, that's great, but customers should never be expected to have to read a forum thread for key info on their order status, that should be in email updates. All it would've taken was a line or two of text - card EOL, MSRP up 50%+ so can't upgrade, strongly recommend canceling, and I'd have canceled in March. Instead I was strung along by constant queue position update emails with no mention of the actual situation.

I waited so long before checking these threads as I was aware of the chip shortage in general, queue updates were frequent and I wouldn't mind waiting even 2 years to get what I ordered at the price I paid. I had the expectation that if an order I place is impossible to fulfill, it'll be canceled by the seller or I should at least be notified of the situation, in cases where the seller could be screwed by canceling.

Associate
Hey guys, I have read back a few pages before posting but now I'm a bit more confused. It seems people are still waiting for orders but OCUK site lists cards in stock? So do they have stock or is this just more pre order stuff?

Associate
Hey guys, I have read back a few pages before posting but now I'm a bit more confused. It seems people are still waiting for orders but OCUK site lists cards in stock? So do they have stock or is this just more pre order stuff?
they dont sell 3080 non lhr cards anymore so they have no stock

Associate
they dont sell 3080 non lhr cards anymore so they have no stock

That's for the quick reply but that's even more confusing . So to clarify. The cards that are listed as "in stock" on the website. If someone orders one of these cards then delivery is in a few days or your added to a wait list?

Associate
That's for the quick reply but that's even more confusing . So to clarify. The cards that are listed as "in stock" on the website. If someone orders one of these cards then delivery is in a few days or your added to a wait list?
the cards in stock are different models with the lhr part so yes those will ship, the ones on back order are no longer made and will never be shipped

Back
Top Bottom