Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
Exhaust is on, which is lovely. Not anti social in anyway and no cabin drone.

Rear motor mount is on but think I'll have to go back to the garage. When pulling away, there is a clunking noise coming from the engine area. I suspect the bolts might not be torqued down correctly, so there is a bit of engine movement. There is also vibration when pulling away. No issue when going through the rest of the gars or when stationary.

Well, I hope its that otherwise the tightening up of the lower mount means there is more play in the two upper mounts, and I'll have to get those replaced as well :o

Associate
Had my mk8 ST3 for a year, fantastic car. Just wondering what cars people have moved onto or considering moving to?
I moved to a Mk4 Focus ST after my Mk8.
I only had the Mk8 for about 15 months, I had a Mk3.5 Focus ST before it and missed the Focus.
I did do a road trip all the way to Norway and back including a visit to Trollstigen in the Fiesta though - but that was part of the reason I then wanted a Focus again, hoping to do a road trip again this summer in the Focus after 2 years of covid stopping me.

Associate
Had my mk8 ST3 for a year, fantastic car. Just wondering what cars people have moved onto or considering moving to?

Went to a MK4 Focus ST after 2 years with the Fiesta. Regret it a bit and probably going to order a new facelifted Fiesta ST this year and move the Focus on. Depends on what deals are around (if any) and lead time on Fiesta.

Soldato
The Fiesta ST didn't feel much slower in the real world to me. It felt just like a lighter Focus ST when I drove them back to back.

I regretted selling the mk2 Focus ST though, still the best one they made (excluding the RS).

Last edited:
Soldato
The Fiesta ST didn't feel much slower in the real world to me. It felt just like a lighter Focus ST when I drove them back to back.

I regretted selling the mk2 Focus ST though, still the best one they made (excluding the RS).
Surely that's because a mk 8 fiesta is the same acceleration as a mk 3 focus (obviously without the oil tanker turning circle:cry:).

Soldato
Surely that's because a mk 8 fiesta is the same acceleration as a mk 3 focus (obviously without the oil tanker turning circle:cry:).

It was a MK7 which I bought after the mk2 Focus ST.

They felt quite similar to drive. The Focus has more feel through the steering through as it's hydraulic rather than electronic like in later cars. Obviously the focus with that 5 pot engine was much more potent at high speed.

Associate
had a mk7 st and hated it to the point the engine let go, woops, now own a fez st line with stage 2 had it for a year now, going to get back into a mk2 st i miss the 5 pot should be in the next 3 weeks

Soldato
I thought it was an ok car, it did raise the bar for small, "cheap" hot hatches (which are now being killed due to EVs and Euro 7). But I only had it about 2 years as the ride was so uncomfortable.

Soldato
Actually now I think about it, the wife's St needs some new front tyres (205x40x18). Weirdly they have PSS on but can't even see them being sold so I'm going to fall back to PS4 as there doesn't seem to be a better alternative unless anyone jas another opinion? Also blackcircles bring up the complete wrong tyre size for the reg (I assume the standard fitment on a base fiesta), something to be wary of if you don't don't or get suspiciously cheap tyres:cry:.

Associate
Actually now I think about it, the wife's St needs some new front tyres (205x40x18). Weirdly they have PSS on but can't even see them being sold so I'm going to fall back to PS4 as there doesn't seem to be a better alternative unless anyone jas another opinion? Also blackcircles bring up the complete wrong tyre size for the reg (I assume the standard fitment on a base fiesta), something to be wary of if you don't don't or get suspiciously cheap tyres:cry:.
The PS4S is the replacement to the PSS

Back
Top Bottom