Paddlesports (Kayaking, Canoe, Stand-Up Paddle boards)

Associate
OP
Seems a good price. Knowing Gary and Emma i imagine you have it by now. Happy with it?

I also imagine the paddle feels a lot lighter than your other one too!

Got it yesterday. Not had chance to pump it up but, the paddle is immensely light compared to the basic one I have been using.

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
So... finally looking to get out on my new board tomorrow if the weather isn't too blowy! (otherwise we will be in kayaks)

I've also got a wooden canoe paddle from my partner for Christmas that I'm itching to try out!

Associate
OP
Good news. The board is awesome! 30 inches was a good decision.

even managed some step back turns. Looking forward to some Lake District trips.

Associate
OP
Another goal for this year ticked off.

I’ve been going to the pool for the last 3 working weeks to work on my kayak roll. This evening I did 3 back to back!

going to work on these during the rest of the winter to get a bombproof roll sorted.

Caporegime
Been missing kayaking over the winter. Weather has been so grim pre now I only got out once in November.
It's just no fun on your own in miserable weather.

Anyone is south Wales or nearby who SUPs or kayaks ever want to go out hit me up.

The picture below was my highlight of 2021. I miss summer!

5SHBZbR.jpg

Man of Honour
Nice, I'#ve got a perception carolina and that looks very much like the open version of it. That has been a work horse and is 10 years old or thereabouts

Man of Honour
Does look a bit like that.

Mine suffers from weathercocking, which is an easy fix with a rudder.

Yeah I never got around to putting a rudder on ours. It is fine on the thames though (I don't use it myself but gets a lot of use)

I'm still waiting for my Naish board to be replaced. Hopefully i will be getting a 2022 for my 2021 which will at least feel like it has been somewhat worth the wait (although i can still use the other one)

Soldato
Yeah I never got around to putting a rudder on ours. It is fine on the thames though (I don't use it myself but gets a lot of use)

I'm still waiting for my Naish board to be replaced. Hopefully i will be getting a 2022 for my 2021 which will at least feel like it has been somewhat worth the wait (although i can still use the other one)

I'm going to sort out the footrests first and worry about something I can correct with more paddle power later + they want £179 for a small rudder :eek:

Supply was a real issue when I got mine, with some places only being told what they would receive (in respect of Perception that is)

Associate
OP
I'm going to sort out the footrests first and worry about something I can correct with more paddle power later + they want £179 for a small rudder :eek:

Supply was a real issue when I got mine, with some places only being told what they would receive (in respect of Perception that is)

I would highly recommend going with your first idea (correcting with technique and power) rather than fit a rudder. Ultimately, that would make you a more efficient paddler.

EDIT: Just saw your paddle, how long is it? Optical illusion perhaps but, doesn't look big for a sit on top paddle.

Soldato
I would highly recommend going with your first idea (correcting with technique and power) rather than fit a rudder. Ultimately, that would make you a more efficient paddler.

EDIT: Just saw your paddle, how long is it? Optical illusion perhaps but, doesn't look big for a sit on top paddle.

Being used to kayaks, canoe's and ocean going canoe's, correcting by paddle is something I will find easy enough and the less dangling over the side or underneath is better in my opinion.

Optical illusion that one as the paddle is long enough for me and has served me well over the years.

One thing I do need to order soon though is the footrests.

Back
Top Bottom