Halo Infinite

Soldato
There's a bunch of weapon balance notes, like the ravager, commando, rockets, mangler etc changes coming, but I need more maps. The one arena map isn't even confirmed to be a ranked map, though I assume it is?

The partnership with Certain Affinity for new modes ( the rumoured gun game / Halo take on a BR) should be interesting.

Soldato
*&^# knows.
Hopefully doing some refactoring - there's been some info about how silly overcomplicated even the armour / cross core customisation is even. I really do wonder WTF they've been doing for all those year leading up to infinite... that's the headscratcher to me. Hell, I'd have stolen some Epic games leaders to find out how to implement a live service game if they were so focussed on making skins... which there's not much of either.

Their slowness speaks to tech debt (among others, it's never one single smoking gun, but seems like it would be the biggest contributing factor), if I were to call upon my dev experience.

Last edited:
Soldato
What has the team of over 300 people been doing for the last 6 months? Making skins?

Have to agree.

They built a new engine for this game "slip space" I thought that would have been built with live service in mind or for easy or use/speed.

Mega budget and massive studio what's happen.

Soldato
Xp was slow to start, then they tweaked it and it went quickly.

Never really played a BR that I enjoyed (maybe a little bit of BO4’s Blackout), but maybe it his Halo BR might hold my attention at least a little.
The company developing it isnt 343 (being done by Certain Affinity), the CEO of whom, was part of the OG Bungie devs that did H1,2,3

https://www.halopedia.org/Max_Hoberman
I also like his stance on SBMM
https://twitter.com/MaxHoberman/status/1502634993927204865

sJ3zRXP.png
509eaad5-549f-44c6-a92a-37a03ff4f72c

Caporegime
The budget halo has and the size of the studio I just don't get why it's so slow to turn out new content or add new features.

Same as Gears, Microsoft have bought two IP that actually aren’t what people want to play anymore. They have quickly released it’s not worth the effort. It’s pretty clear they have no where to go with Gears anymore and everyone of any use has been bailing from the Coalition at an alarming rate to Apex, Fortnite etc. The extra content like Halo came at a crawl.

They need some new AAA titles.

Soldato
Hey guys having a weird issue with this game on Xbox Series S, it will not post. The intro rolls and as soon as the main page launches it crashes and sometimes shows like a corrupt graphics screen and needs hard reboot. The series s plays other games okay.

It works fine on our Series X.

Could this be a strange issue with this game or could it be hardware faulty ? Any suggestions welcome to troubleshoot this . Cheers.
Turns out to be a faulty Xbox Series S. Microsoft were brilliant, I shipped off the console, they tested and then sent a replacement a few days later. Replacement is working fine !

Back
Top Bottom