2022 World Snooker Championship - 16th April to 2nd May

Soldato
The usual suspects for me.

Ronnie
Robertson
Selby
Higgins

some fantastic talent coming through too so maybe one of them.

Watching Hawkins v Page just now, I like the look of the John Parris cue Hawkins is using.

Caporegime
For me it’s Robbo all the way. He’s just a level above anyone else atm. Ronnie has got a chance if someone knocks out Robbo early on, as he struggles to get the best of him these days.

Selby could do well if he keeps his head in the right place, he’s had a lot of problems lately. Higgins is always a live chance. A granite matchplay player.
Trump is a big outsider for me. He’s had an awful season by his standards.

I always keep an eye on Williams too. Has a habit of staying under the radar as he moves through the tournament. Still a top drawer player and completely unflappable under the heaviest of pressure

Soldato
Neil R i expect to win this year.

But i get the feeling one of the qualifiers may get to the final this year and give one of the old boys a good run for their money.

Soldato
Ronnie will be there or there abouts, been in very good form this season compared to some.

Robertson is the real form horse but quite often underachieves at the Crucible. Selby is the opposite tends to bring his best to the Crucible! Though he has had some tough times with mental health issues this season so it's a big ask to win a marathon like this after doing very little all year.

One year a Chinese player is finally going to break their duck, could be Xintong this year.

Caporegime
This is a very engrossing match between Murphy and Maguire. All square now 7-7

First qualifiers through, Jackson Page beat Hawkins. Big upset that one considering Hawkins pedigree as a former world finalist and Page being a debutant who has never really done much of note on the circuit

Last edited:
Caporegime
Maguire held himself together beautifully towards the finish there

Got the young hotshot Zintong in the next round. Nice clash of styles.

Williams was in scintillating form today.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I’m rooting for my usual trio of Judd Trump, Jack Lisowski and Luca Brecel. Luca has had some good wins this year so hopefully he’ll do good. Jackie boy seems all over the place, as usual.

Back
Top Bottom