Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set

Soldato
Video is sickening, quite aside from the incident itself, people so wrapped up in their own daily BS to pay a proper amount of attention to basic procedure, health and safety and so on, let someone else care about that mentality even from those whose job it is supposed to be and the armourer was clearly well out of her depth.
Yep, pretty much my take as well. Plus the fawning from the police over Baldwin. It was grim to see Hutchins alive being treated, knowing she didn't make it.

Man of Honour
Yep, pretty much my take as well. Plus the fawning from the police over Baldwin. It was grim to see Hutchins alive being treated, knowing she didn't make it.

Even the police response was surprisingly lax on many aspects of procedure, even taking into account that dealing with people like Baldwin is going to be difficult. But that is another story to the way the set was being run, etc.

It is literally like an example video of how not to do things.

Soldato
Wow, I would have imagined the police being a whole lot more formal about making sure evidence doesn't get moved, important people get taken away for questioning asap etc. I know it was only the immediate aftermath, but from skipping through the footage it all just looked so amateur and unduly relaxed considering that 2 people had just been shot.

Baldwin didn't actually look that shaken up. The armourer on the other hand was in bits, almost said sorry for it happening but stopped herself... hmmm. Seemed kind of dodgy asking someone to go grab some rounds she'd given him etc... Surely no one should have been moving any rounds at all once the police were on scene. Plus they were just sat on a random trolley with a bunch of junk - adding to the impression that the firearms might not have been treated as seriously as they should have been on set...

Seeing the footage of Alec drawing the gun at the start of the video shows exactly how he could potentially have pulled the trigger. Despite claiming he didn't and it just 'went off', doesn't seem that far beyond the realms of possibility that he accidentally pulled the trigger while drawing the gun - his fingers are on the trigger after all.

Last edited:
Associate
Armourer looks like she just stepped out of her Year 12 Gender Studies class. Good grief.

Wait, the girl being asked to confirm her name in the police van is the armourer? Alarm bells are ringing. Her reaction alone suggests she was in waay over her head considering her job to be around guns and the risk of someone being shot is entirely a possibility, no matter how remote. Is one not mentally prepared, trained etc for that outcome in such an occupation? Does not instill me with confidence.

Alec looked more together than her considering he was the one holding the gun.

Man of Honour
There are a couple of videos from longer interviews with the armourer ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgU9JqdQZP0 for instance) - concerning to say the least.

Dunno if it is true or not - not something I'm really interested in looking into but apparently she is into some really weird/nasty stuff including on Only Fans.

From some of the stuff coming out over the last couple of days or so in some ways I almost feel sorry for Baldwin, in other respects with his level of experience he really should have been taking more responsibility and questioning what was going on - but he doesn't seem the type to be inclined to take any responsibility he isn't forced to.

Associate
There are a couple of videos from longer interviews with the armourer ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgU9JqdQZP0 for instance) - concerning to say the least.

Dunno if it is true or not - not something I'm really interested in looking into but apparently she is into some really weird/nasty stuff including on Only Fans.

From some of the stuff coming out over the last couple of days or so in some ways I almost feel sorry for Baldwin, in other respects with his level of experience he really should have been taking more responsibility and questioning what was going on - but he doesn't seem the type to be inclined to take any responsibility he isn't forced to.
Why do I get the sneaking suspicion that they hired her under the guise of box ticking.

Caporegime
Wait, the girl being asked to confirm her name in the police van is the armourer? Alarm bells are ringing. Her reaction alone suggests she was in waay over her head considering her job to be around guns and the risk of someone being shot is entirely a possibility, no matter how remote. Is one not mentally prepared, trained etc for that outcome in such an occupation? Does not instill me with confidence.

Alec looked more together than her considering he was the one holding the gun.

It beggars belief that somebody so young and seemingly inexperienced could be given such an incredibly important task on a major movie set.

Man of Honour
Maybe, but it's particularly problematic in jobs where insufficient competence results in people dying.

It boggles my mind at the lack of vision people have when it comes to health and safety and/or how willingly they'll ignore it if they can mentally shift responsibility to someone else...

For example I visited one place recently with equipment/storage unavoidably in a position where if a fire/explosion happened it would block the path out the normal entrance, while the fire escape at the back had a van parked less than a foot from the doors and a pile of discarded equipment blocking it from the inside... how... how can be people that stupid and not see the problem?!?!

Caporegime
Called it months ago at the start of the thread; non-union staff on set, young woman armourer unlikely to be ex-law enforcement or military... (also a bit of nepotism it seems)

Hmm - cutting corners with non-union people? Diversity hire?

I'd have assumed most of these armourer roles would be ex-military men etc..

And sure enough, there were instant mindless reactions from the usual suspects:
Do you have to drag "woke" into everything?
Yep, he just couldnt help himself with the "Diversity hire" shout.

Now a few months have passed and people have seen the footage etc.. what do we think:
Armourer looks like she just stepped out of her Year 12 Gender Studies class. Good grief.

Holy crap the armourer!

Ever lied on your CV to get a job.

Hmmm, doesn't look like I'm the only one to have those sorts of thoughts...

Soldato
The moment it was reported that uncontrolled live rounds where on set and crew were plinking with guns used in the film between scenes, I knew it was going to be a nested clusterfudge of incompetence and reckless behaviou.

Back
Top Bottom