BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
No problem! Here are the parts I had fitted. Through the M3 front arms, the camber plates and the removal of the camber pins on the top mounts the car runs 2 degrees of negative camber at the front, which really helps with tyre wear. I would highly recommend the Whiteline bush inserts as the rear feels a lot more stable now.

With hindsight I wouldn't bother with the M3 rear arms and I would probably use M3 front track control arms. Cost was faily significant! Probably around £1k in parts and nearly £400 to fit, plus alignment.

I bought from a combination of eBay and Autodoc. The Autodoc prices change daily; I'd advise using the app and keeping a wishlist to easily see which day of the week is cheapest.

hr359ly.png

Thats about 2k worth of parts

Soldato
No problem! Here are the parts I had fitted. Through the M3 front arms, the camber plates and the removal of the camber pins on the top mounts the car runs 2 degrees of negative camber at the front, which really helps with tyre wear. I would highly recommend the Whiteline bush inserts as the rear feels a lot more stable now.

With hindsight I wouldn't bother with the M3 rear arms and I would probably use M3 front track control arms. Cost was faily significant! Probably around £1k in parts and nearly £400 to fit, plus alignment.

I bought from a combination of eBay and Autodoc. The Autodoc prices change daily; I'd advise using the app and keeping a wishlist to easily see which day of the week is cheapest.

Great list, thanks for that. I had all the individual bushes etc listed out, didn't know there were kits for it. Also kinda regret not grabbing the B12 kit over Christmas when it was down to £350 at one point..
I need to refresh my rear subframe at some point as it's had a bit of a hard life for a late 2009 car in Scotland and is pretty crusty. Will likely fit some solid subframe bushes at the same time.

Soldato
I'm seriously considering buying an E92 335i and selling my E81 130i. Test drove a 2011 N55 manual last week and am going back to see it again this evening. It was fundamentally a much better car for my predominant use of dual carriageway and motorway driving.

That being said my 130i was fantastic going cross country with the windows open in the warm weather last weekend!

You'd have liked my E92 335i N55 DCT (2010) that I sold in January :p

Soldato
Soldato
Bit of an odd one yesterday, spotted a very keenly priced M2 LCI 18 plate with most options (inc icon adaptive) on AUC site, up in Aberdeen. Was going to go home and potentially call the dealer as no photos / deposit the car. Got home to see it had been removed, presumably sold because of the v low price. Got a call back from the dealer today after submitting an 'enquiry' saying the car had been mispriced, and it's now up for sale with +£3500 on the price!!
Guessing if I had hit 'reserve and buy' they wouldn't have honoured it anyway on the low price...

Associate
Due to the cost of diesel I've been driving my 640d in Eco Pro a lot more to eek out more mpg. Filled up the tank and I'm impressed with the calculated 736 miles on a full tank.

y4m4AAKYHc4JCUctarKHxPdZ0_xzFYcuCcZ6c423VPIKbCldnVhayuUaHQgOHBFUc4AtvPGCo2gqGQ8YVSmO5Q9qOBSqezld56IqWKbm0vfLJYgPupnPklep3NEK9xPqZJUtCVHbgxT30x9dJ7INoKCOfMSB9KPuq_kvy5AjZTgRlI

Associate
Meh. When i fill up my 3l 6 cylinder petrol bmw x5 45e it says 648 miles on a full tank. Will never happen.
True, mine usually says 600 odd so the behaviour (and smaller wheels for the meantime) has had an effect. I reckon it'll be more like 650 miles when the tank is empty.
Genuine question, but why did you get a 640d if you’re concerned with the cost of fuel?
I wasn't at the time when diesel cost £1.20 a litre, not the £1.76 it does now. There's no need for Sports mode when driving to work in tourist and caravan laden traffic at <60mph, no point at all. In the few opportunities to overtake then I have the ability to use the power available.

Soldato
I wasn't at the time when diesel cost £1.20 a litre, not the £1.76 it does now. There's no need for Sports mode when driving to work in tourist and caravan laden traffic at <60mph, no point at all. In the few opportunities to overtake then I have the ability to use the power available.
Fair point, and I guess I hadn’t considered how much you drive :)

Soldato
You'd have liked my E92 335i N55 DCT (2010) that I sold in January :p
Probably! I am keen to try the DCT and have agreed an offer on another car that has it, subject to final checks.

That being considered, the dealer of the manual car contacted me again today to see if I was still interested. His position might have softened a bit and there may now be room for a bit of negotiation.

I've found it really hard to find a car with the perfect specification. Heated seats appear to be a rare option, as is the upgraded HK sound option. There's only one car available with both at present and it has a spec that can only be described as 'old man at the golf club'.

Soldato
I've found it really hard to find a car with the perfect specification. Heated seats appear to be a rare option, as is the upgraded HK sound option. There's only one car available with both at present and it has a spec that can only be described as 'old man at the golf club'.
You'd have really liked mine then :cry: HK, Heated Seats, Adaptive Headlights, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Split fold rear seat (not sure if standard) and MMI/CarPlay retrofit.

Still think they're great looking cars despite the age and the interior, to me, was starting to feel reminiscent of how the E46 felt when the E90's came out now that the F and G are more current, which I quite liked.

Associate

Got into the car this afternoon and not sure how this happened - that plastic trim below the window switches is broken and missing. Car recently (on Weds) was at the dealership to get a fault code looked at and have the break fluid serviced. I wonder during the wash and vacuum it may have broken off?

Anyone know what the missing bit of trim is called because I can't seem to find it on the interwebs - have emailed the dealership too but not too confident that they will do anything

Associate

Got into the car this afternoon and not sure how this happened - that plastic trim below the window switches is broken and missing. Car recently (on Weds) was at the dealership to get a fault code looked at and have the break fluid serviced. I wonder during the wash and vacuum it may have broken off?

Anyone know what the missing bit of trim is called because I can't seem to find it on the interwebs - have emailed the dealership too but not too confident that they will do anything

6 series? going to cost about £40... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154913640529

or you can try BMW for the cover piece part 3... https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=LX71-EUR---F13-BMW-640d&diagId=51_8179

Soldato
So I am now the proud owner of a 2017 M240i in red. £23k.

Dealer photo for now, until I get it valeted. I will get it detailed and ceramic coated in a few months.

Sunroof, adaptive suspension, pro nav, HK speakers, M performance styling, 48k miles, 2 previous owners.

What's the best F22 UK forum to join?

Back
Top Bottom