BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Soldato
So I am now the proud owner of a 2017 M240i in red. £23k.

Dealer photo for now, until I get it valeted. I will get it detailed and ceramic coated in a few months.

Sunroof, adaptive suspension, pro nav, HK speakers, M performance styling, 48k miles, 2 previous owners.

What's the best F22 UK forum to join?
Great - different colour as well

Soldato

Dealer photo for now, until I get it valeted. I will get it detailed and ceramic coated in a few months.

Sunroof, adaptive suspension, pro nav, HK speakers, M performance styling, 48k miles, 2 previous owners.

Baby BMW is generally considered the biggest one I think

Soldato
Soldato
One thing that surpises me is how most are such low mileage. ~20k miles in 3 to 4 years.

These should I'm guessing drop to below £50k (listed) next year. I wonder how much longer BMW will bother with a V8.
Talking directly pre-covid to after covid, so probably a lot of 0 mileage can be attributed to that. Plus, not sure whether an 850i is a motorway cruiser or not

Soldato
Was this even available on the E92? I think it only appeared around the time production ended. Before that there was the Professional audio I think.

Dunno about non M3 but HK is available on the E92 M3

Available on the LCI E92, not sure about earlier.
HK was an option, at least on the LCI cars that I am considering. I see even a heated steering wheel was an option - I would love one of those for cold winter mornings!

E92 LCI brochure

I'm interested in the two red E92 LCI 335i on Autotrader. Each has their pros and cons.

Soldato

Did a rinseless wash today and installed my dashcam although it isn't quite finished yet as I quite can't hide all the cables over the rear windows.

In the next couple of months, plans are to read thre manual, install mat black side skirt extensions to match the front spoiler and diffuser, get some chipex to touch up a few chips, and will get it detailed in a couple of months (including a Stage 1 or 2 machine polish) with a ceramic coating applied. Once I join a forum, I'll see what easy quality of life mods are recommended.

Not a huge fan of the grey wingmirrors but I can live with them, although will see if they can be wrapped in black or something.

Soldato
Anyone use WAZE and Android auto.
Everytime i switch the engine off I have to go through the routine of opening waze on my phone. Closing it. Going to option under apps in iDrive. Reinstall apps etc then do a headunit reset (hold power off for 30 secs) in order for waze to appear again.. Bit of a pain

nam

nam

Soldato
went to my local woolwich dealer for a 235i GC. Could not even get a test drive as no GC avaliable. order now but won't be avaliable until March next year. Was offered a new M240i with options tech, comfort. pano, adaptive, grey. told ready within months by July , not sure how accurate this is. 6k down, monthlies around £600 over 4 years , no discounts offered, Apr is 4.9% on 240i but 6.9% on 235i GC. No great deals avaliable anymore .

Man of Honour
The M240i is a much better car as well - it's actually completely different to the M235i. It's a small 4 Series, whereas the M235i is a 1 Series really.

Caporegime
went to my local woolwich dealer for a 235i GC. Could not even get a test drive as no GC avaliable. order now but won't be avaliable until March next year. Was offered a new M240i with options tech, comfort. pano, adaptive, grey. told ready within months by July , not sure how accurate this is. 6k down, monthlies around £600 over 4 years , no discounts offered, Apr is 4.9% on 240i but 6.9% on 235i GC. No great deals avaliable anymore .
They have no stock as you've found and BMW and Mercedes have both said they're not chasing sales numbers after Covid. Available discounts normally come from the top and everything they've sold is in delay or a year out for delivery.

nam

nam

Soldato
The M240i is a much better car as well - it's actually completely different to the M235i. It's a small 4 Series, whereas the M235i is a 1 Series really.
not much difference overall on monthlies, much more of a driver's car , but where do I put the family :D

nam

nam

Soldato
They have no stock as you've found and BMW and Mercedes have both said they're not chasing sales numbers after Covid. Available discounts normally come from the top and everything they've sold is in delay or a year out for delivery.
interest rate will most likely go up again. So lock in now for an order or wait and be hit by the price and interest rate increase.

Man of Honour
Back from the detailers. Full decontamination, polish and ceramic coating.

IMG-5439.jpg

IMG-5440.jpg

Back
Top Bottom