BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Soldato
Does anyone know a FTTP provider who use DHCP instead of PPPoE? Preferably a business connection with static IPv4 and IPv6 subnet. Openreach are live a street away now, I'm starting to shop around.

Associate
So that’s why you can get GFast. Sadly it also means you’re unlikely to get FTTP any time soon.
why is it unlikely ill be getting fttp soon? ive been on the openreach website and put in my post code, and it says fttp is coming to my area?
it doesnt really matter as im moving house soon to a place with only fttc, no gfast but thats fine

Don
why is it unlikely ill be getting fttp soon? ive been on the openreach website and put in my post code, and it says fttp is coming to my area?
it doesnt really matter as im moving house soon to a place with only fttc, no gfast but thats fine

Because it's unlikely they will overbuild an area that already has better than standard FTTC installed

Caporegime
Because it's unlikely they will overbuild an area that already has better than standard FTTC installed
Not sure there's any correlation there. I know of an area that took until June 2019 to get FTTC, then got G.fast in 2020 and was upgraded to FTTP three weeks ago.

Decisions over whether to deploy FTTP are based around the cost of doing it, and the local competition.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
If anyone has had Openreach FTTP installed recently, which is delievered by a pole have they installed a Openreach CSP box or have they gone straight from pole to where it needs to go?

As for me, the current line doesn't go anywhere near ground level, I guess I will find out in a few weeks. On another good bit of news, we also have another provider building into the area which offers solutions upto 10Gb and it seems cheaper then O/R providers offers.

Caporegime
They will bring the line down to ground level to join the inside cable in the CSP. They won't work with a splicer up a ladder.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
This is going to be interesting then, as it will most likey need to be internal then. I'll speak to OR again as they didn't seem to think its a problem.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom