• Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Just got an LG OLED CX77 that does 120hz VRR and hooked up the series X. Quick question... Playing tomb raider (shadow) in 'resolution' (quality) mode it's advertised as 4k dynamic at 60fps.

On my new screen it at times feels WAY higher than 60fps. If I press green 4 TIMES on the remote I get VRR stats and it is indeed reporting a fairly consistent 90-120fps. Butter smooth.

If I drop it to performance mode the graphics quality drops noticeably so it's definitely on resolution mode.

So is this thing actually pumping out a dynamic 4k quakity mode at 100fps+?! Or am I being tricked? I do notice the fan now so perhaps before it was vsync at 60hz with GPU headroom but now it's running 100% GPU?

Great console either way :)

Permabanned
Just got an LG OLED CX77 that does 120hz VRR and hooked up the series X. Quick question... Playing tomb raider (shadow) in 'resolution' (quality) mode it's advertised as 4k dynamic at 60fps.

On my new screen it at times feels WAY higher than 60fps. If I press green 4 TIMES on the remote I get VRR stats and it is indeed reporting a fairly consistent 90-120fps. Butter smooth.

If I drop it to performance mode the graphics quality drops noticeably so it's definitely on resolution mode.

So is this thing actually pumping out a dynamic 4k quakity mode at 100fps+?! Or am I being tricked? I do notice the fan now so perhaps before it was vsync at 60hz with GPU headroom but now it's running 100% GPU?

Great console either way :)

I have the CX48 and CX55 with my Series X hooked up to the bigger one downstairs. I will be honest though, I did not think it could do quality over 60fps as my 3090 does not do 100fps @4k!

How you finding the TV though? I was so blown away by the CX48 I bought as my monitor I sold my 6 month old QLED and bought the LG55 as well for my Series X and PS5.

Reactions: Ste

Ste

Ste

Soldato
I used to run it on PC at 1800p and it definitely looked better but this still looks great and runs exceptionally well.

The TV is absolutely insane. I got it from John Lewis in the clearance for £1999 which is a steal for a 77 inch OLED with 120hz and VRR. I'd rather play xbox on this than a top end RTX PC on an inferior monitor. Particularly one with poor blacks. Makes all the difference going down to true black :)

Soldato
The only game I was interested in (Starfield) now pushed back to 2023, awesome. Whenever this happens people start with the "yeah they want to add more polish so it's not a bad thing" and yet I bet it still feels unfinished at launch and requires copious patching.

Soldato
The only game I was interested in (Starfield) now pushed back to 2023, awesome. Whenever this happens people start with the "yeah they want to add more polish so it's not a bad thing" and yet I bet it still feels unfinished at launch and requires copious patching.

Where did you get the info from out of interest? I was looking forward to this but assumed the inevitable would happen

Soldato
Pretty dry rest of the year for Xbox then. Forza is still slated for this year right? Though they have not shown anything yet i don't think which can't be a good sign.

Soldato
Scorn in October but everyone is bored to tears of waiting for that

STALKER 2 this year too that was meant to come out in April

The showcase is just going to full of stuff coming next year other than those and Forza I think, this year is pretty much dead in the water

Soldato
Just seems like when Microsoft buys a studio the studio just takes the foot off the pedal and coasts.

It takes years to make games though and I don't think Microsoft will be letting some of these studios get away with some of the releases that have come out in the past, I'm hoping delays are Microsoft enforcing a high level polish on them

Back
Top Bottom