Lian Li O11 EVO

Associate
What cooler is that plate from, the EK AIO?
The Arctic Freezer II 360.

The one for the EK fits like a glove, flush.
Don’t really know why Arctic had to come with a design that interferes with such popular case. Not sure will be a problem with other O11s but I believe it may be.
For AM should be fine, but Intel, there’s a big chance, depending on which motherboard, will be an issue.

Associate
I guess youll need to be handy with a Dremel - you should be ok to reduce the size of the mounting plate to fit?

ps3ud0 :cool:
I was considering that but trimming as much as needed to fit would reach the gap where the screws are secured, compromising stability. Hope Arctic comes with a flat backplate.

Caporegime
I was considering that but trimming as much as needed to fit would reach the gap where the screws are secured, compromising stability. Hope Arctic comes with a flat backplate.
Alternative would be to have taller mobo standoffs.

EDIT: Scrap that - would affect the I/O...

Last edited:
Associate
Alternative would be to have taller mobo standoffs.

EDIT: Scrap that - would affect the I/O...

I thought about it but would also interfere with the GPU mounted horizontally.
Too bad the actual backplate is incompatible without modding.
On the other hand, I’m happy with the EK AIO. First unit one ram was clicking, but the replacement unit (reseller wouldn’t replace only the fan), I was worried the pump would be loud, but it was as quiet as the first one. Performance is good, and is quiet. Fans at 40% and pump at 60%. Pushing a bit higher still quiet, but a bit more and the fans are noticeable. No much gain in performance doing so.

Associate
Associate
Has anyone bought/installed the 'upright GPU' mounting accessory?

The 24Pin PSU and PCI cable look very close.

Does anyone know what thread are the 4 screws that go through the top of the case into the bracket?

I'm assuming just self-tapping but really hoping not.

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone bought/installed the 'upright GPU' mounting accessory?

The 24Pin PSU and PCI cable look very close.

Does anyone know what thread are the 4 screws that go through the top of the case into the bracket?

I'm assuming just self-tapping but really hoping not.
Tried one but returned. Didn’t even opened the PCI-E cable.
The screw used to secure the bracket is the short ones, with the flattish head, similar to the ones used on previous O11s. The screw size is similar to the ones used to secure the motherboard, if I remember well.
The PCI-E cable will only be close to the 24pin cable if that one is loose, I mean, not using a sharp angle to tidy it up.
I decided to go with the vertical mount.
Personally, the PCI-E cable crossing the motherboard wasn’t ideal for me, but would be ok for a more complex build with few radiators and other bits around.
I understand the appeal, as it makes the case look very unique.

Associate
Tried one but returned. Didn’t even opened the PCI-E cable.
The screw used to secure the bracket is the short ones, with the flattish head, similar to the ones used on previous O11s. The screw size is similar to the ones used to secure the motherboard, if I remember well.
The PCI-E cable will only be close to the 24pin cable if that one is loose, I mean, not using a sharp angle to tidy it up.
I decided to go with the vertical mount.
Personally, the PCI-E cable crossing the motherboard wasn’t ideal for me, but would be ok for a more complex build with few radiators and other bits around.
I understand the appeal, as it makes the case look very unique.

Thank you - if it is the ones that go into the motherboard then it will (from a quick google) be #6-32 UNC or M3's

I haven't ordered one yet as they're still out of stock on the OcUK website.

I have a a 3090FE and the card is much shorter in length than partner cards (once I've put the EK block on it) and so I was thinking of using a standoff like spacer on the four holes where you bolt it to the top of the case to lower it down a little bit in the case. Purely as the from what I've seen in pictures online the 24PIN power cable almost looks like it clashes with where the PCI riser plugs into the GFX card.

I'm not too fused about the riser cable going across the motherboard as I can hide this behind my ASUS Essence STX sound card if I put that in a vertical mount like you have with your GFX card.

Just gather ideas currently for my new build.

Associate
@srekal34 any pics of the back with the pump/res? Im currently waiting on some parts for mine, but looking at hiding it behind the mobo. Would like to see if dual loop is possible (hiding pump/res behind) - should be if I have measured right but would be tight.

Associate
@srekal34 any pics of the back with the pump/res? Im currently waiting on some parts for mine, but looking at hiding it behind the mobo. Would like to see if dual loop is possible (hiding pump/res behind) - should be if I have measured right but would be tight.
Here you go:
20220131-173229.jpg

20220201-121452.jpg

Dual loop will be quite tight with dual d5, depending on custom cables and size of the pump top.

Associate
Best bet is contacting Lian Li Customer Service.
To be honest, I'm not surprised about the filter. Comes off very easily. The only thing I can complain about the case, though.

Associate
Ah man. I am currently waiting for a Lian li evo case and an arctic freezer II 360.
Hope I don't run into this issue. I'll be using an old 1151 bracket for a 8700k...

P.S - Does anyone know what the wait is these days on a black Lian Li Evo to order and ship out?

I waited for about 6 weeks. Placed order I believe it was mid March just as they'd gone out of stock must have missed one by days and then it arrived towards end of April

Back
Top Bottom