Wireless video doorbell recommendations

Caporegime
I like my Google doorbell/Google cams (x3)
But if I was starting from scratch I'd also go eufy.
I still think Google is better. But the subscription is a bit of a pain.

If they up it I will swap.

You get 3 hours free. Which.. By design I'm sure... Doesn't cover overnight. So if you had an incident at 1am and woke up at 7 the video would be lost.

Technology great
Upfront cost high.. But OK.
Subscription? That's the killer.

Soldato
OP
I looked at the Google offering and also the obvious Ring. But cloud subscriptions just seem an excuse to keep taking money from you. I think the eufy has an SD card in the main chime unit. Much better.

It's out for delivery tomorrow, so will set it up and report my findings :)

Soldato
I was just looking at the Ring doorbell yesterday, the basic wired one, is there a monthly sub? (I obviously didn't look very hard!)
Yeah, you get 3 months free and then its £3 a month to be able to view old recordings.
Also when I got my doorbell, i got an echo dot as a chime for £3 extra. Just check the buying options

Man of Honour
We've got a Ring and to be honest it's a bit ****, the amount of stuff it doesn't pick up even with the sensitivity ramped right up makes it almost useless as anything other than a doorbell to make noise if someone presses it.

Soldato
We've got a Ring and to be honest it's a bit ****, the amount of stuff it doesn't pick up even with the sensitivity ramped right up makes it almost useless as anything other than a doorbell to make noise if someone presses it.
Mine is the opposite lol, I had it on max sensitivity and picked up everything including cats on my footpath.
I now have it on medium and it seems just right

Man of Honour
Mine is the opposite lol, I had it on max sensitivity and picked up everything including cats on my footpath.
I now have it on medium and it seems just right
It happily picks up cats walking past the front door or the headlights of cars passing in the middle of the night but completely misses us pulling on and off our parking spaces right in front of it or walking out the front door. There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to what it manages to actually catch.

Caporegime
Does ring do zones? I'm not sure if our neighbour just isn't tech savvy but she says it notifies her of all events! Even cars. I can't believe it can't do zones?

Happy with the performance of my Google one. It misses nothing. It tells me if the postwoman is at the door or a neighbour.
It records the street but doesnt tell me. It records my doorstep and tells me. It's great.

I pay for the subscription as I have 3 other Google cams. I like the animal vs people detection to keep my hens safe.
Package detection even works well.

Not sure of the eufy features but keen to hear others experiences

Associate
We are currently looking at getting an Eufy door bell and two extra cameras to keep an eye our cars and the garden. Would love here other people opinions.

Associate
I was just looking at the Ring doorbell yesterday, the basic wired one, is there a monthly sub? (I obviously didn't look very hard!)

I pay it in one yearly payment of £25. I think it's worth it, a standalone server/camera system would cost that much in electricity alone.

Back
Top Bottom