Epic is giving away big games for the next few weeks again

Associate
Gog Galaxy pulled all the different services under a single program nicely when I installed it last year and actually reminded me of a bunch of games i'd forgotten about once i'd linked everything up.
Playnite is better at it imo. I got game pass last month and decided to try it out and it's worked nicely. Just got to get out of the habit of opening a specific launcher to run a game instead of opening it through playnite and letting it handle the opening and closing of the correct launcher.

Soldato
Gog Galaxy pulled all the different services under a single program nicely when I installed it last year and actually reminded me of a bunch of games i'd forgotten about once i'd linked everything up.
Yes, but it still required the original launcher of the game to open too. So if you used GOG Galaxy to launch The Division 2 for example, not only did you have to have the Galaxy launcher open but it also opened the UbiSoft launcher too. So you had two launchers open instead of just one. Kind of defeats the purpose.

Associate
Yes, but it still required the original launcher of the game to open too. So if you used GOG Galaxy to launch The Division 2 for example, not only did you have to have the Galaxy launcher open but it also opened the UbiSoft launcher too. So you had two launchers open instead of just one. Kind of defeats the purpose.

I think its more so that you have a list of the games you own across different launchers, it can be easy to forget about games on launchers you dont use often.. or maybe thats just me :cry:

Soldato
I see your point but for me it's not about reducing multiple launchers, this is unavoidable, even using Steam. I have ubisoft games bought on Steam that will load their launcher when clicking the steam link.

As @Tupro has pointed out, it's having a single spot which lists all games on all launchers as I often forget games on lesser used services - I don't mind having GOG and another launcher open when playing a game, it's barely an impact on system performance from that perspective.

Soldato
Playnite is better at it imo. I got game pass last month and decided to try it out and it's worked nicely. Just got to get out of the habit of opening a specific launcher to run a game instead of opening it through playnite and letting it handle the opening and closing of the correct launcher.
I'll take a look, thanks.

Soldato
Surely disliking Epic is all the more reason to claim these free games? They cost you nothing, but they cost Epic money as they have to pay the developer anyway! And if you don't play them, they don't even get the benefit of securing a new regular user. :p

Thanks, will check this out too. Seeing everything I have in one place is what I'm after too.

Soldato
I’ve used Playnite for years now and can confirm it’s very good at pulling together all the disparate games across multiple launchers. It can also launch emulated games if that’s your thing.

Associate
I couldn't get on with Dishonored, although heard the 2nd is much better, but I love both Prey and Control.
God, I could live in the Dishonored world. Especially Karnaca.
Gotta say, RTX is spectacular on some scenes in Control too. I did get cheesed off with the baddies re-spawning behind me in the zones though. Bloody good fun gunfights though!

Soldato
Some of the replies suggest the Bioshock trilogy. Definitely can see Big Daddy signs. The three loops in the first pic are like the Bathysphere docking tunnels.

Excellent, fave trilogy of all time, though somehow I have managed to find myself without a copy anywhere of the original. It must have been on disc, I went back to play it, opened STEAM, nope, tried everything else I could think of. Nope. I omly have 2 and Infinite.

Back
Top Bottom