The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'm surprised the story of Elon Musks sexual misconduct and subsequent payoff went by with little more than a "yep, sounds about right".

He's incompetently saying it's lies despite earlier saying there's more to the story when he was asked for comment before publication.

The money people don't seem to be panicking too much either, no one's bringing any charges and there's no law problem.

Caporegime
I'm surprised the story of Elon Musks sexual misconduct and subsequent payoff went by with little more than a "yep, sounds about right".

He's incompetently saying it's lies despite earlier saying there's more to the story when he was asked for comment before publication.

The money people don't seem to be panicking too much either, no one's bringing any charges and there's no law problem.

The victim was paid off, that's why no charges are being brought.

There wasn't necessarily a "victim" though
I just don't get why the little clique can never comment against each other, when posts like the above exist.

There appears to be some sort of unwritten code that, as crazy as any post may be, as long as it's arguing support/throwing critique at the right side, then the crazy comment won't be mentioned by anyone on that side.

I first noticed it in trump threads, but it's the same lot in many other threads I see doing the same thing.

Soldato
Payment doesn't actually mean a crime was committed, you do understand that yes?
Yes that payment was just to stop the poor girl having free speech. Nothing inappropriate happened. Remember its not a crime until you get caught with the rape drugs.

Can you seriously not just say. Yeah it doesnt look good.

Permabanned
I just don't get why the little clique can never comment against each other, when posts like the above exist.

There appears to be some sort of unwritten code that, as crazy as any post may be, as long as it's arguing support/throwing critique at the right side, then the crazy comment won't be mentioned by anyone on that side.

I first noticed it in trump threads, but it's the same lot in many other threads I see doing the same thing.

It's called tribalism, something the human psyche is strong on, You can see it here, at football and baseball matches and at an elevated level in Speaker's Corner. It'll be around for a goodly while yet.... Without it debate would all but not exist.

Soldato
Ok so this entire thing started because people like you were in here ******** on him, not because I was "fawning" over him, I'm defending the guy against these stupid attacks by petty men with "I'm voting Labour" in their Facebook profile picture who've achieved nothing of any significance. Instead of asking billionaires to pay more tax, why don't you look at what you can personally do? You realise a large portion of tax money is essentially wasted, where as Elon is using his money efficiently and effectively in useful projects and companies, but you want to take that off him to be siphoned off by the US government? This is the level of thinking you're at.

I certainly don't have "I'm voting Labour" in my FB profile and I didn't vote Labour :cry: Why is it always a personal attack with you? "Petty men" or if it isn't that its calling someone's masculinity into question in one way or another. Why do you always do this?

Yes you are fawning over him. This house thing was a ridiculous thing to say, you know it was ridiculous. My issue with him is only into relation to owning Twitter, he can do and say what he wants as the owner of SpaceX, Tesla and his other companies, they don't effect me or society, Twitter does effect society and a troll who clearly isn't emotionally stable shouldn't be controlling the "public square" as he likes to call it. Seeing people claim he is some amazing guy doing amazing things for the benefit of humanity is clearly delusional, he runs his companies because its what he enjoys and he likes making money and being successful, there is nothing wrong with that but it doesn't make him someone to hero worship.

I run my own business thanks, I do ok but I'm not a genius and I certainly don't have the drive to succeed that the likes of Musk and Bezos do. I like to have a nicer work/life balance, I'm not a live to work guy. I pay tax and if the rate went up a couple of pence to pump that money into the NHS I would happily pay it. Governments can do things no private individual or company can. To do that they require money. Asking the richest couple of % to pay a bit more doesn't seem outrageous to me. In the same way I think the poorest in society should pay less tax.

Soldato
There wasn't necessarily a "victim" though

So your daughter goes to work and her boss touches her in a sexual manner and then gets his erect penis out and asks for sexual acts to be performed and offers her payment for this act. You don't think she is a victim of sexual harassment? Let me guess because we've been down this exact road before, she might have been asking for it right? Women like rich and powerful men to act like this.

Caporegime
So your daughter goes to work and her boss touches her in a sexual manner and then gets his erect penis out and asks for sexual acts to be performed and offers her payment for this act. You don't think she is a victim of sexual harassment? Let me guess because we've been down this exact road before, she might have been asking for it right? Women like rich and powerful men to act like this.

Or because it didn’t necessarily happen…

You’ve thrown in dubious assumption/made up some narrative in reply to someone point out something that ought to be quite apparent; that there isn’t necessarily a victim here.

Caporegime
So SpaceX paid her $250k for???

To make her go away. Surely you understand the basics here? An employer paying someone off/settling over something like this doesn’t necessarily mean they were at fault but rather can be that they don’t want the legal risk or the PR issue etc..

What evidence is there to support the claim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom