COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Travelled from UK to Asia over 3 flights last week and did not wear my mask at all during the flights, only while entering. Not one crew member asked me to put it back on. Was great to see. Last year you couldn't go 5mins without being asked to put it back on.

Soldato
I say 1 in 15 customers still wears a mask at my work.
Still get the stupid people wearing them outside, in their own cars etc.

I wear mine when I attend medical appts and pick up prescriptions from pharmacy. Yet when I collected my prescription up 10 day ago, out of the 10 customers in there, only myself and another were wearing a mask.

Commissario
I say 1 in 15 customers still wears a mask at my work.
Still get the stupid people wearing them outside, in their own cars etc.

I wear mine when I attend medical appts and pick up prescriptions from pharmacy. Yet when I collected my prescription up 10 day ago, out of the 10 customers in there, only myself and another were wearing a mask.

The less you touch a face mask the less risk there is of cross contamination (in general, not just covid). So if you're walking between say one shop and another one 30 seconds down the street it's not only faster to leave the mask on, it's more hygienic. Likewise if you're going to be in the car for 2-3 minutes between one shop and the next why take it off if it's not causing you a problem.
It can take me 30 seconds or so to get my mask on and comfortable with my glasses so i'm one of those that will leave it on between shops, especially if I've got bags in my hands.:)

Soldato
Was it on here that someone saw a convertible car drive past them, roof down but the two passengers had masks on? :o
Maybe one had covid and they were driving to a test centre?

Maybe one is clinically vulnerable and that was a way to reassure them it was safe?

Maybe lockdowns have made them anxious?

I don't really get the mocking of people wearing masks, it does no harm whatsoever to anyone.

Last edited:
Soldato
My family member went into emergency in the last 3 weeks due to an emergency event where they found out she had a bowl obstruction which was quite severe. This required an immediate operation on the day where they removed a large mass and determined its likely cancerous.

They have had her in there since, running tests and monitoring her while they do the biopsy. During this time there has been nothing but negligence. She caught covid while in hospital this last few days, the nurse attending her has not been providing adequate water or other needs. She has been left alone multiple times for many many hours keep in mind she is under monitoring after a serious operation. She cannot flag people down as she is took weak. Every day since she has been getting and looking worse.

This resulted in her stoma bag which they had to fit due to the operation bursting, no one noticing for nearly a full day. The nurse had refused to attend to her because she was covid positive.

I am not making this up, I'm so angry, covid on top of the potential bowel cancer situation is just ugh. This is not an old woman by the way shes in her early 40's. They were intending to discharge her back home for home care this week and we were absolutely livid that they could even think to do that considering the high stakes involved. Then this has happened and we cant even trust the service at this point.

Honestly **** the state the NHS is in right now. This all started with their refusal to take her in for 3 days, suffering from intense pain, she was sent home each time and then the last day she had enough and refused to leave her abdomen had grown to look as if she was pregnant...

Last edited:
Consigliere
Maybe one had covid and they were driving to a test centre?

Maybe one is clinically vulnerable and that was a way to reassure them it was safe?

Maybe lockdowns have made them anxious?

I don't really get the mocking of people wearing masks, it does no harm whatsoever to anyone.

I feel like whatever I say in reply regarding the observation, that wasn't even from me, will be jumbled up and thrown back at me in an argumentative way so I am going to leave it.

Thank you for your comments and maybe someone else will pick up on it. :)

Back
Top Bottom