**** Please enable 2FA on your OcUK forum account ****

Soldato
I gave up and clicked on the second tab which sent a code to email address.
I always click on email except the last time and for some reason I never saw the three tabs -even emailed a mod.

Felt a right charley when I realised as I have clicked it loads of time.

My excuse is brain fade.

Soldato
Hi, I changed phones and forgot to migrate my authenticator across, so I'd like someone to send me a backup code if possible?

Could a mod send me a message or let me know how I can verify myself and get my 2FA back? (my actual username is Kappa)

Thanks

No dupe accounts. :mad::cry: The backup codes were shown to you when you enabled 2FA, you were supposed to save them then. The contact details for the admins are on the rules page, no need to have signed up again. Good luck.

Commissario
OP
No dupe accounts. :mad::cry: The backup codes were shown to you when you enabled 2FA, you were supposed to save them then. The contact details for the admins are on the rules page, no need to have signed up again. Good luck.
Technically true but not very friendly. If anyone loses their 2FA codes, we don’t have a problem with them opening a new account and posting in FCD to ask for help recovering their existing account.

What we don’t like is if someone just abandons their old account and starts a new one. We’re here to help.

Soldato
Technically true but not very friendly.
Did the crying laughing emoji not sufficiently convey I was taking the Mick about the dupe account? I answered their question about backup codes (if admin had access to the cryptographic seed for 2FA it'd be useless), took the trouble to link them to the contact page for someone who could actually help (i.e. not GD :D), and wished them luck in getting it sorted. How much more friendly should I have been?

Associate
Hi, I just did a clean out of my email box deleting a load of old OCUK stuff for the last few years.
Then I remembered that when the two 2fa came in they sent several code numbers, I don't really remeber what they were for and I may have deleted them.
Does anyone know what they were and are they important?

Cheers.

Soldato
If you lose/wipe your 2FA device without disabling 2FA you need the codes to get back into your account.

You can generate new codes on the 2FA setting page.

Permabanned
Technically true but not very friendly. If anyone loses their 2FA codes, we don’t have a problem with them opening a new account and posting in FCD to ask for help recovering their existing account.

What we don’t like is if someone just abandons their old account and starts a new one. We’re here to help.
Hi I'm one of those numpteys that lost my 2FA backup codes (My daughter erased my codes on my USB for her school homework - delightful). I've had to open a new account to post here to ask very nicely if you could help me recover my old existing account. My UN is teejay73 (the lost account name). I did message one of the mods, but it must have been missed. TIA :)

Don
Hi I'm one of those numpteys that lost my 2FA backup codes (My daughter erased my codes on my USB for her school homework - delightful). I've had to open a new account to post here to ask very nicely if you could help me recover my old existing account. My UN is teejay73 (the lost account name). I did message one of the mods, but it must have been missed. TIA :)
Hi, can see this is being dealt with, was going to escalate it for you :)

Back
Top Bottom