What film did you watch last night?

Don
Top Gun: Maverick - 8/10
Saw this in 4DX which really is perfect for this sort of stuff. Cinematography is clearly incredible as many of the flight scenes you’re in the aircraft seeing the actors faces as they are actually flying around. Enough of a story to hold it together but nothing particular fantastic. The Penny relationship works really well and a nice bit with Iceman as well.

Associate
MEN (2022) - 2/10

I think everyone in the cinema kept watching after the credits title scene as they were waiting for an explanation of what they had just watched. Unfortunately, this never came.

It has a few good elements, a somewhat disturbing atmosphere and strong acting performances, but it’s far too obscure and slow to be entertaining.

A slow burner that never ignited, it’s excessively gory with imagery which added nothing to it and left me bored before the end.

Caporegime
City of Ember - 7.5/10

I quite enjoyed this, always had a soft spot for family adventure films. The setting is cool, the last city on earth buried deep underground around a failing generator. The main two were good (the guy looks a lot like the main actor from Merlin) and there are some good older actors in the support cast (a great Bill Murray mayor, Tim Robbins, Toby Jones and Mackenzie Crook) The ending was a bit weirdly CGI which kind of let it down I think.

Soldato
Pearl Harbour

I know it doesn’t always get the best reputation, but having not seen it for a good 15 years I can say I really enjoyed it.

A few rubbish lines that felt forced during the flying scenes but never once felt like a 3hr movie. I’d initially thought I’d watch as a double sitting since I started at 10pm, but here I am at 1am just finishing it.

Caporegime
Mission Impossible. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117060/

I remember seeing this on the big screen when it came out and not being overly keen on it.

Seeing it for the first time since then left me with some degree of satisfaction.

All in all, an okay experience and I was entertained enough to keep watching to see it through to the end.

I am, however, interested in seeing the rest as, if I recall correctly, I don't believe I've seen anything past the second movie.

Associate
Mission Impossible. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117060/

I remember seeing this on the big screen when it came out and not being overly keen on it.

Seeing it for the first time since then left me with some degree of satisfaction.

All in all, an okay experience and I was entertained enough to keep watching to see it through to the end.

I am, however, interested in seeing the rest as, if I recall correctly, I don't believe I've seen anything past the second movie.

Same. I only really enjoy MI1 purely because of sentimental reasons, 1996 was a good year, the film is well, comical. Mind you I did get a short hair cut and buy a second hand leather blazer :p

MI2 was dreadful in comparison. MI3 is better because it reigns in the OTT sequences, and dark undertones. MI4, I don't remember much apart form the Burj scene but it was OTT. Not watched the later films.

Watch the Bourne films. :)

Soldato
Pearl Harbour

I know it doesn’t always get the best reputation, but having not seen it for a good 15 years I can say I really enjoyed it.

A few rubbish lines that felt forced during the flying scenes but never once felt like a 3hr movie. I’d initially thought I’d watch as a double sitting since I started at 10pm, but here I am at 1am just finishing it.
Always liked this. Another one for the cinema to truly appreciate it.

Guess its another 'the Americans saved the war' films that just ignore everyone else contribution :)

Soldato
The Sadness - 8/10

A bit crazy at points, a lot of gore, acting decent, was worth a watch.

It was on my Shudder sub. through Amazon Prime, can't see it anywhere to buy though for my movie collection.

Caporegime
Went to the cinema with my 12 year old to watch the dumbledore movie.

It was really boring. Enjoyed the scenes with the New York guy in, everything else was a struggle. I saw the first of these in the cinema, and recall quite liking it, but haven't seen the second one.

Son thought it was great, though.

We watched it last night. Very average really...I think Harry Potter worked as it was set mainly in one school

This expanded world doesn't make any sense.

Soldato
Matrix Resurrections.

WTF!

2/10

Thats two and a bit hours of my life I won't get back. How can such a good franchise fall so far.
I though the first scene, the idea it is a loop and was been watched by another Operator team, was fantastic. I thought OMG this is going to be amazing. How wrong i was.

We then cut to Keanu and it was a slide into the ridiculous and it Amber Hearded all over the franchise.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom