BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Caporegime
Anyone noticed BMW have now introduced a £15 "environmental disposal charge" if you do anything fluid related now. A BS scope charge and now this. Next there will be an oil charge and extra for the filter.

Have they not been disposing of oil in an environmentally friendly manner previously?

I also like how if you select standard scope, you pay a standard scope charge on the standard scope.
If the scope is required as part of the service it should be included in the service price.

Soldato
Man of Honour
Really loving my 530D and each drive it cements what a fantastic all rounder the 5 Series remains. Glad I didn’t buy another F10 as this is a step up in all areas, not hugely, but just better all round. I’ve just done a short drive in rubbish weather, soaking wet and badly broken up roads and it’s just done what I asked. In situations like this 4WD shows it’s worth too with floor and forget approach, which frankly is what I want from my daily car. Engine pulls and pulls and torque everywhere and such a quiet and comfy cabin to be in.

BMW really knows how to make a great saloon car.

Soldato
Really loving my 530D and each drive it cements what a fantastic all rounder the 5 Series remains. Glad I didn’t buy another F10 as this is a step up in all areas, not hugely, but just better all round. I’ve just done a short drive in rubbish weather, soaking wet and badly broken up roads and it’s just done what I asked. In situations like this 4WD shows it’s worth too with floor and forget approach, which frankly is what I want from my daily car. Engine pulls and pulls and torque everywhere and such a quiet and comfy cabin to be in.

BMW really knows how to make a great saloon car.
Agree, better than F10 but 535d was a great engine ... why they don't do the pokiest 3 litre diesel in the 5 series is madness.

Soldato
Agree, better than F10 but 535d was a great engine ... why they don't do the pokiest 3 litre diesel in the 5 series is madness.
UK problem that. They get it in other countries (40d, 50d)

I find quite a bit of lag low down with the 30d in the 6GT, I assume it’s similar in the 5. The 535d in the F11 didn’t have that issue and pulled much better from idle due to the smaller turbo.

Soldato
UK problem that. They get it in other countries (40d, 50d)

I find quite a bit of lag low down with the 30d in the 6GT, I assume it’s similar in the 5. The 535d in the F11 didn’t have that issue and pulled much better from idle due to the smaller turbo.
But you get it in the 3 series? Noticed the low end lag as well but wasn't a deal breaker. I guess 535d sales weren't great in the UK, hence the change.

Man of Honour
The 535d was a noticeable improvement in the F10 and felt quicker due to the low down pull, but the 530d is more than quick enough for my use case and when pushing on chose the gears yourself to get the most from it.

The things I notice most when coming from my GT R is how much more I have to turn the wheel to get the car to turn, how smooth and quiet the 5 is in comparison and how it still feels quick enough which is testament to how good the car is. Sure the BMW is far far slower and far far less special, but it’s still a fantastic car to have as 2nd choice.

Soldato
The 535d was a noticeable improvement in the F10 and felt quicker due to the low down pull, but the 530d is more than quick enough for my use case and when pushing on chose the gears yourself to get the most from it.

The things I notice most when coming from my GT R is how much more I have to turn the wheel to get the car to turn, how smooth and quiet the 5 is in comparison and how it still feels quick enough which is testament to how good the car is. Sure the BMW is far far slower and far far less special, but it’s still a fantastic car to have as 2nd choice.

did they offer the variable sports steering on the 5 series? I know the new m340i etc all have it (and my f36 440i has it, whereas my 430i didn't), it was the first thing i noticed when driving the 440i, how little lock you need in the same situations!

Man of Honour
did they offer the variable sports steering on the 5 series? I know the new m340i etc all have it (and my f36 440i has it, whereas my 430i didn't), it was the first thing i noticed when driving the 440i, how little lock you need in the same situations!
Mine doesn’t have that I don’t believe.

Soldato
I collected my manual N55 E92 335i yesterday and filled it up with fuel before taking my girlfriend out in it. Parked up for the night and birds have already pooed all over it!

What is a decent and low cost code reader/diagnostic tool? I connected the Creator C310 I use on my 130i but it didn't seem to fit the port as well as in that car and I didn't seem to give great functionality.

Soldato
I collected my manual N55 E92 335i yesterday and filled it up with fuel before taking my girlfriend out in it. Parked up for the night and birds have already pooed all over it!

What is a decent and low cost code reader/diagnostic tool? I connected the Creator C310 I use on my 130i but it didn't seem to fit the port as well as in that car and I didn't seem to give great functionality.

Bimmercode is pretty cool, fair few features. I actually have an OBD adapter which can be used with bimmercode.

I bought this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073XKQQQW/

I'm back from Spain early July - if you haven't bought anything by then, happy to give you a demo, depending where you are in Hampshire :)

Associate
Looking for some advice on some replacement lights.

One of the angel eyes bulbs on E89 Z4 (pre-facelift) needs replacing.

My car has xenon headlights, but the angel eyes are yellow.

I think what I need is a halogen H8 bulb. Has anyone used any that are white in colour and look good? A similar to my xenons would be preferable.

Soldato

I've used Bimmercode in my F80, user friendly if you don't want to faff with ESYS. You can get OBD2 to lightening adapters and then connect directly to your phone. I've not done this but I think WillGill here uses/used this method.

Bluetooth has been fine/reliable for me but isn't as quick, still only takes a few minutes to code to each module. Perfectly fine for fiddling most of the simple comfort access and common things.

Enjoy the E92 335i, loved mine to bits.

Soldato
Looking for some advice on some replacement lights.

One of the angel eyes bulbs on E89 Z4 (pre-facelift) needs replacing.

My car has xenon headlights, but the angel eyes are yellow.

I think what I need is a halogen H8 bulb. Has anyone used any that are white in colour and look good? A similar to my xenons would be preferable.

I believe they are H8.

Lux is the go to brand, without having to modify the headlamp unit itself :)

I got some cheaper ones on Amazon and they’re fine but one ring is brighter than the other

Associate
I believe they are H8.

Lux is the go to brand, without having to modify the headlamp unit itself :)

I got some cheaper ones on Amazon and they’re fine but one ring is brighter than the other
Thank you. Would these be reason for bmw to reject a warranty claim? They don't seem to be a like for like replacement.

Back
Top Bottom