Time to buy a new Chair

Associate
Hi,

I've had the same chair for 10 years, its abit worn out now. Its just been a great chair all these years, never thought too much about it, Until I turned it upside down and its
got a Herman Miller marking on it. This was given by a Friend during an office clear out. i cant afford another Herman my budget is like £380 to £430
I really like the Secret Labs Titan Evo but i'm unsure.
What are the best top 3 Chairs for my Budget ? Any reason why i should get a Secret Labs over others?
any other advise for getting a chair.

Soldato
As above.
Avoid Secretlab like the plague, unless of course you enjoy terribly build products and apocalyptically useless customer service.
I’ve been there and wouldn’t touch another one of their products with the longest barge pole you can imagine.
You have been warned :)

Soldato
DO NOT BUY A SECRET LAB or any other chair from the same factory. (if its a gaming chair , its all the same)
My secret lab is literally falling apart after just a year - utter trash, marketing bs, with paid reviews. I have just had to put in an order for a HM Mirra 2 Triflex to replace it.

Your likely sitting on one of the best chairs in the market even if it is old, if its really that busted save up for Herman, Steelcase or Knoll (even if refurbed) or try and seek parts.
The quote of 'doing everything opposite of what a mid-high end chair are promoting' rings very true with any of these 'gaming chairs'.

This guy says it better than anyone

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Maybe a little bias coming from me, but noblechairs are a great choice. They are available for next day delivery from Overclockers UK, they have a great choice of different models, and the support is second to none.

Associate
OP
Ok, i see you saying avoid SecretLabs, but could you ppl recommend Top 3 better alternatives?
@fiveub, yep thats Bias :p some of the comments ive seen scares me off them. I dont really want a racing chair, more into Ergonomics & comfort.

Associate
OP
DO NOT BUY A SECRET LAB or any other chair from the same factory. (if its a gaming chair , its all the same)
My secret lab is literally falling apart after just a year - utter trash, marketing bs, with paid reviews. I have just had to put in an order for a HM Mirra 2 Triflex to replace it.

Your likely sitting on one of the best chairs in the market even if it is old, if its really that busted save up for Herman, Steelcase or Knoll (even if refurbed) or try and seek parts.
The quote of 'doing everything opposite of what a mid-high end chair are promoting' rings very true with any of these 'gaming chairs'.

This guy says it better than anyone
Thanks for the Video link ! hmms - Mirra 2 Triflex - £900+ eeeek! expensive

Soldato
I've just bought a sectret lab titan evo 2022 and it's great*

For me it was a toss up between secret lab and noble.

*It only arrived at lunch time today so early days.

Just by way of update, I took a risk and went for a sectret lab titan 2022, XL.
I'm guessing I got the revised components as the lumbar doesnt seem to make any noise. really nice chair so far, but only used it for a few hours so far.
Some observations:
  • The XL is BIG lol. I'm right on the edge of regular or XL according to thier specs, at 6'3 and 100kg. I think the regular one would feel a bit more snug, but the XL allows me to wiggle around and shift position more I guess. I certainly wouldn't get the XL if your under 6 foot, and not fat, mainly as I think the distance between the arm rests would be too wide.
  • The arm rests rattle if you wiggle them but not a big deal.
  • Excellent adjustment and very comfy. Firm but supportive, maybe a tiny bit too firm but I guess it will break in a bit over time, so I'm happy with that, I wouldn't want the foam to collapse and it become uncomfortable.
Overall I'd give it 9/10, so far.

Soldato
I'n not sure why theres so much hate on here for Secret lab to be honest, they ship fast and I'm happy so far?

Do the people slagging them off actually own them? Or are they just re-gurgitating youtube videos?

Soldato
Do the people slagging them off actually own them?
I'm sure you've already seen this thread..

So, yes, the people commenting on the above do own them.
Some are happy, some aren't (inc myself), but at the end of the day if you're happy, then (literally) sit back and enjoy your chair.
For what it's worth I'm on my 3rd seat back and it seems SL have finally managed to sort out the lumbar support creaking, but as usual are making a complete balls up of collecting the old one.
They were supposed to collect on Monday, but didn't, and god himself only knows whether their courier will turn up today.

Soldato
I'n not sure why theres so much hate on here for Secret lab to be honest, they ship fast and I'm happy so far?

Do the people slagging them off actually own them? Or are they just re-gurgitating youtube videos?
nah totally dont own one, just talking out of my ass.
1LrL4PF.jpeg
Pe3ZYRn.jpeg

How dare we criticise a company that only gives you the bare minimum warranty unless you give them a nice review on social media.
Fails to do anything when you do actually have a problem with their poorly built product, and then just carries on buying out influencers in order to keep up the pretence that their chairs are actually worth more than a few quid.
I am a mug for falling for it and im happy to admit that, as for this chair, its going on the scrap heap next week.

Back
Top Bottom