• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
So with last night's show only having games due for release in the next 12 months, do any of you think that tomorrow's showcase might have updates for stuff that's coming beyond that? I was hoping to see more of Hellblade II for example.

Soldato
Can't say I was impressed with the fh5 hot wheels stuff, I'll give it a go and hope it's good but not really what I was hoping for
They normally go for one proper expansion (storm island type thing) and one playful link such as lego or hot wheels that they've done before. I'm in the same boat though, I wanted a true expansion tog et my teeth into and not the gimmicky type. I'm sure that I looked that in the past they've had both expansions released within 6-9 months of the initial release so got knows how long they're planning on leaving it for expansion 2, it will have fallen from my radar by that point. Shame.

Caporegime
I'm slightly confused. Have people who paid for the premium fh5 bundle pre purchased the hot wheels dlc on July 19th or some other dlc that is coming later?

I had the free fh4 on gamepass and I recall there was a paid add-on for hot wheels, although I don't remember another one.

Edit: actually there was a Lego one as well.

rp2000

Soldato
I'm slightly confused. Have people who paid for the premium fh5 bundle pre purchased the hot wheels dlc on July 19th or some other dlc that is coming later?

I had the free fh4 on gamepass and I recall there was a paid add-on for hot wheels, although I don't remember another one.

Edit: actually there was a Lego one as well.

rp2000
If you paid for premium then you’ll get hotweels in that bundle alongside one future expansion.

Soldato
Thinking about getting the seagate expansion card, yeah its expensive, but not sure I want an external anymore.

Anyway is the loading speeds and what not between the internal series x storage and expansion card identical. Is it still better to play from the internal or it doesn't matter?

Last edited:
Soldato
Got some things to moan about.

Microsoft still think its ok to interrupt a gaming session to force a firmware update, I can understand them doing it after you shut the game down, but i dont think they should ever be just booting people out of games with no warning, boom the screen just appears.
I checked the firmware information, and they released it only 10 hours before the mandatory update time, thats a ridiculously small window.
Also the energy saver mode, I first noticed this problem when my IHD started working, I then plugged the xbox into my UPS for rapid reading updates, and in energy saving mode it basically rapidly moves between 1w and 30w every second, the IHD reports a constant 20w (so I assume the average for the polling period), I believe this is considerably higher than what UK regulators expect for standby devices. So I do unplug it now when shutting down.

Soldato
I find this with game updates. If using quick resume then you can save your game before applying a game update, it just demands you do it... I'd rather they allow us to carry on any only apply the update if a) we want to and b) to play online... I dont have automatic updates / upgrades enabled to avoid the firmware issue... but it doesn't really help the game issue I struggle with.

Soldato
I'm getting an issue every so often now where the screen goes blank after the startup splash screen. I can still hear sounds so it's not crashed. I have to do a button hold and then it starts up again normally. Not sure if its a thing with the TV or xbox.

Soldato
I'm getting an issue every so often now where the screen goes blank after the startup splash screen. I can still hear sounds so it's not crashed. I have to do a button hold and then it starts up again normally. Not sure if its a thing with the TV or xbox.

Which TV is it and have you tried a different hdmi lead ?

Soldato
Just come here to ask a similar thing.

I have mine plugged into a ysp-2700 then into an lg oled b6.

My lad has struggled a few times recently and only told me over the weekend.

I've simplified and gone with the Xbox direct into the TV tonight.

It might be a different issue, but when I turned it on without switching to the input on the TV the console turned on, via the controller, but when I switched over to the input, I had a black screen. Then the Xbox decided to start.

There was an update at the beginning of the month.

As of now. It isn't starting at all lol. Gives me a beep beep then nothing, light stays on, then it gives me a double beep and shutdown.

How frustrating.

Ok third time and it's started properly.

Back
Top Bottom