Road Cycling

Soldato
I found they had them in tan walls also!
Where have you ordered from? I don't like not have spares of things that can easily expire, but struggling to find tyres having replaced the split wall last week. (Mind you, tbf I still have some Corsa 2.0 that only have 400 miles on them, so I guess I could put them back on in an emergency)

Soldato
@#Chri5# are you a small child? I would be on the rim with that little pressure :p

Had my first utterly ridiculous pass today. Guy in his 60s with either his wife or mother in the car next to him came past me about 2mph faster than I was going and was so close I could have banged on the side of the car with a bent elbow. Must have been less than 6 inches from my bars.

About 300m further on he stopped in the road to the left of the lane without indicating and then turned across the road causing general carnage. Just an awful, dangerous driver but I didn’t get the impression there was any malice in his driving.

Those people just scare me.

Also had the first “witty banter” from a guy walking down the road shouting “your back wheels fallen off mate”.

Small child :D

Nope, 6'1 and about 82kg (mixing my units) at the moment! I could tell when it happened when it down and I was on the rim but the ride really didn't seem that much different. I might not have got away with it on the front as I remember having a slow puncture on another bike and you could hardly steer the thing when it got very soft.

Soldato
Where have you ordered from? I don't like not have spares of things that can easily expire, but struggling to find tyres having replaced the split wall last week. (Mind you, tbf I still have some Corsa 2.0 that only have 400 miles on them, so I guess I could put them back on in an emergency)
They're from Tredz but now I check I think i bloody ordered the wrong ones!

Last edited:
Soldato
Gutted, spotted an event in Spain which takes in a lot of areas we are thinking of moving to and would've been perfect to explore different towns and get a feel for the place at a slower pace than driving. Sadly it's the day we fly home. I'd even found a bike hire place with DI2 which would've been nice to experience :(

Got out today, really pleased with the bike, having the better groupset makes a huge difference, changing gears is very snappy, especially the front chainring. Some slight rubbing noise i've noticed but it's always hard to know how normal a lot of sounds are! Went a different way and wasn't quite sure how long it was going to end up!

I could really do with doing an FTP test i think. Just trying to find a decent section of road and attempting it without exhausted legs! Have really enjoyed the nicer weather rides and so i need to try and work out how to increase cycling volume without it massively hindering my running.

Last edited:
Soldato
I went boring and basic and ended up getting some Schwallbe Pro One TLE tyres. I've seen they play well with Zipp wheels and it was only £88 for the pair delivered.

I'll make sure my next set have tan walls.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I went boring and basic and ended up getting some Schwallbe Pro One TLE tyres. I've seen they play well with Zipp wheels and it was only £88 for the pair delivered.

I'll make sure my next set have tan walls.

I got the michelin power road for £77 for a pair and they are cracking tyres. Ordered some gp5000s just after as I though the Michelins were out of stock but couldn't stomach spending as much on one tyre as two so I sent them back.

Honestly I think once you get to a decent level of tyre, us mere mortals won't notice too much difference.

Soldato
Yeah I have very little to compare when it comes to tyres. When I was commuting I'd stick rather religiously to Gatorskins. My road bike came with GP5000 so I wanted to stick to those simply because they're what I'm used to but I'm not loyal to them.

Soldato
With the Tour starting in a couple of weeks and me off to the Alps this coming weekend, I got a couple of new jerseys :cry:

e8BioFo.jpg

KoM just because I'll be climbing a lot, and the Sprinters for any day we might do some flats... and the green jersey is probably more likely than the yellow for me :cry:

Soldato
I'm tempted to actually buy a proper cycling top. Currently just wear my running t-shirts and shorts but feel i should look the part if i'm going to cycle more.

Also first purchase is some glasses after being pelted with grit/bugs this morning at 30mph caused much pain!

Soldato
Are those the same ones that Pogacar was really happy to be running ?

Had a system six I built a year or so back in for a creak but couldn't find anything wrong with it mechanically and on the short test ride loop I tend to do.
I even tried it with the customer's shoes to rule them out.

Finally just swapped wheels with him and went to a local chainy. It took 10 miles to start but my god what a noise.

Just getting back at it after covid but also having some knee pain which I think is from a crash 4 weeks ago. Any suggestions for what I would say is the Medial collateral ligament and it seems worse when at the top of the pedal stroke.

Soldato
With the Tour starting in a couple of weeks and me off to the Alps this coming weekend, I got a couple of new jerseys :cry:

KoM just because I'll be climbing a lot, and the Sprinters for any day we might do some flats... and the green jersey is probably more likely than the yellow for me :cry:
Nice. I've been looking for jerseys as well as I am too going to the Alps on the 12th. I usually go with Santini as I really like the fit. But nothing is grabbing me this time.

Soldato
I've become a bit of a Stolen Goat fan tbh. They have some 'interesting' designs and I really like the fit. Long jerseys with low pockets. Also, their customer service was amazing when my returned bib shorts got lost in the post (they refunded me anyway! £150!)

Soldato
I've become a bit of a Stolen Goat fan tbh. They have some 'interesting' designs and I really like the fit. Long jerseys with low pockets. Also, their customer service was amazing when my returned bib shorts got lost in the post (they refunded me anyway! £150!)

I'm a fan of Rapha stuff but having just looked at the Stolen Goat stuff, I like their Jerseys. Will grab one on payday

Soldato
Are those the same ones that Pogacar was really happy to be running ?

Had a system six I built a year or so back in for a creak but couldn't find anything wrong with it mechanically and on the short test ride loop I tend to do.
I even tried it with the customer's shoes to rule them out.

Finally just swapped wheels with him and went to a local chainy. It took 10 miles to start but my god what a noise.

Just getting back at it after covid but also having some knee pain which I think is from a crash 4 weeks ago. Any suggestions for what I would say is the Medial collateral ligament and it seems worse when at the top of the pedal stroke.
Is that the hub sounding like metal rolling around inside!? Someone dropped a nipple into the deep section of wheel & forgot about it!?

I replaced my BB bearing & all is good again. Ordered some online “in stock” after 2.5 days asked when they’d be dispatched, oh should be in stock from the supplier today…. Not in stock then are they. Went local and got an enduro ceramic for twice the price but worth it for it being in my hand and fixed, not stuffing around when it’s the best weather!

Soldato
I wonder if you'd fit some of my older ones, if you were interested in just trying? I know we're similar size height and weight. I could send one or two? (A friend was just commenting he wishes he was my size, with the number of jerseys I buy :cry: )

Thanks. I was just going to buy a couple of the cheap Boardman ones, but if you're happy to sell some of yours then that'd be great :)

Soldato
Well, for example I have an Orange DHB Aeron jersey I think I've worn maybe twice, but now the colour clashes with my bike, so it doesn't get worn :cry: (It's actually quite a nice top) I might even have sent one or two to recycling recently. Let me check later. Maybe open up a conversation with me, I was only really thinking if you cover postage would be fine.

Soldato
I'm a fan of Rapha stuff but having just looked at the Stolen Goat stuff, I like their Jerseys. Will grab one on payday
I was, but then I've noticed how high the pockets are and I find it quite difficult sometimes to put things back in them. I also don't think they have the zipper pocket in the back right like some other brands.

I quite like the Castelli fit, but they are a little short.

Soldato
Is that the hub sounding like metal rolling around inside!? Someone dropped a nipple into the deep section of wheel & forgot about it!?

I replaced my BB bearing & all is good again. Ordered some online “in stock” after 2.5 days asked when they’d be dispatched, oh should be in stock from the supplier today…. Not in stock then are they. Went local and got an enduro ceramic for twice the price but worth it for it being in my hand and fixed, not stuffing around when it’s the best weather!

Nah definitely not that sort of sound. It's a proper dry cracking sound.

I'm thinking freehub body bearings once they heat up, will try a different cassette for tomorrow night to rule that out.

I hate that chat too, in stock should mean in stock. Good bearings are worth it in my experience.

Back
Top Bottom