Paramount +

Commissario
Is anyone using this streaming service?

I thought I’d give it a go, mainly for the new Star Trek series, but the app is painfully slow on my smartTV. And some titles don’t even play, it just says an error has occurred.

I've decent broadband, and don’t have this problem with Netflix, Disney + etc.

or is the service just ****

Man of Honour
Just signed up. Not tried watching anything really yet. Nice freebee addition from Sky though.

[edit]
Just tried watching the first 15 minutes of Scream (I love watching Drew Barrymore getting gutted... best work she's ever done). Took me a while to sign in on my Fire Stick. I suspect they're having a bit of an influx of new users and it's not coping.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You can also access it as an add-on subscription with Amazon Prime - not sure the differences compared to the site/app. Doesn't look like a massive amount of content though - some classics and Halo.

Man of Honour
I read that in the Uk it doesn't even support 4k/HDR or Atmos. If true, what year is it?! I'll stick to using my NAS...

Very little in the UK streaming, etc. site wise support a quality/feature level anything close to a decent 4K/HDR experience :( Disney+ if you use the web-site is I believe only 480p even (720p if you use Edge)!

Soldato
Very little in the UK streaming, etc. site wise support a quality/feature level anything close to a decent 4K/HDR experience :( Disney+ if you use the web-site is I believe only 480p even (720p if you use Edge)!
AppleTV+/iTunes films slaughters pretty much everything for 4k/Atmos. Disney+ is quite good for visuals but the audio isn't as good as AppleTV+. I watch my content via the ATV 4K box mostly.

Soldato
It is. Apple supposedly has the best but rate though, so there is a difference.
Is it viable though, ir is it a case of pause it and zoom :cry: . I'm quite pleased with disnep though as there's a lot of content and as I like my sci-fi there's plenty to keep me going. Not sure paramount will get many uk subs (outside if it being included on sky).

Soldato
Is it viable though, ir is it a case of pause it and zoom :cry: . I'm quite pleased with disnep though as there's a lot of content and as I like my sci-fi there's plenty to keep me going. Not sure paramount will get many uk subs (outside if it being included on sky).
Yes, probably :D I think Disney has a good picture quality too, I especially like the IMAX Enhanced stuff.

Back
Top Bottom