BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
289007686-5622995524398732-3651247851272611007-n.jpg

Soldato
I mean… hot cakes is a very vague measure so you could probably claim you were right whatever happens.

At the prices they are asking though, £90k after you’ve added a couple of options, I doubt it’s going to be a big seller.

I was looking at m340i numbers on howmanyleft and there’s only 3.6k between the saloon and the estate so getting to 2k of sales would be an achievement I reckon. Does that count as hot cakes?

Man of Honour
That M3 estate will sell like hot cakes.
Cotswold Cheltenham told me that they have 5 deposits already, part of me is tempted but then I think with decent options it’s £100k for a 3 series. I’ll wait until there’s well spec’d 1-2 year old ones available depending on what used prices do.

Soldato
There's definitely a market there somewhere, the C63 estate and RS4 Avant have existed for ages it's only BMW late to the party. The Audi is only about 70k though...

Soldato
any owners on here of X3 M40i or X3M competition. what are the benefits of the X3M competition over the M40i in addition to the extra cost is it worth it ?
I had an x3m for about 6 months at the end of 2020. I had it from new and it was one of the early my21 cars so had the newer dash, Idrive and HUD system.

As a car to drive it was brilliant, the ride was stiff for sure, but not disastrous and it was happy around town and on longer journeys. The spec on it was very good as standard and I only had the comfort pack , enhanced Bluetooth and heated rear seats. It came with the M seats as standard which were superb, reversing camera etc and there was nothing that I really missed from the spec.

In terms of drive is was ballastically fast when you had the opportunity to use it, and with awd it’d launch at a frightening rate even from traffic lights or out of junctions. It’s also practical with the big boot and plenty of space in the back for 3 people. I did look at the m40i version but the x3m felt quite different and a fair bit more special, and at the time the costs were not that different.

Running costs were comical, I never got north of 30mpg even on a decent sensible motorway run and it ate tyres or at least the conti 6 it came with. It also had the M car servicing costs including the running in service.

Mine went as I had some electrical type issues which were never solved, but as a car I loved it and keep looking at them again.

Soldato
There's definitely a market there somewhere, the C63 estate and RS4 Avant have existed for ages it's only BMW late to the party. The Audi is only about 70k though...

And that’s the issue. The other cars already exist at a lower price, at the moment.

Don’t get me wrong, I know it’ll be a special car, but I think the timing is wrong on this.

An F81 M3 touring at £60k new would have been appealing. This is another 20k on top.

Just not sure. It’s the worst looking M3 they could have done it to as well :p

Caporegime
And that’s the issue. The other cars already exist at a lower price, at the moment.

Don’t get me wrong, I know it’ll be a special car, but I think the timing is wrong on this.

An F81 M3 touring at £60k new would have been appealing. This is another 20k on top.

Just not sure. It’s the worst looking M3 they could have done it to as well :p
I also suspect that if it doesn't sell well, and I suspect it won't at that price, they'll never do another.

Man of Honour
The price is in line with everything else really. These cars are just not cheap, like most things.

An M3 Competition Saloon starts at £78,175.​
An M4 Competition Coupe starts at £79,475.​
An M4 Competition Convertible starts at £85,870.​
The M3 Competition Touring starts at £83,470.

So yes, it's quite a bit of a premium, but we're in the £80-90k range regardless of M car model (with a couple of options).

I don't know whether the Touring comes with any extra spec either as standard, that is sometimes the case.

Soldato
or ... wait until audi a6-etron avant goes into production £65K
jenson's electric rally car fared well against m3csl at goodwood , no tesla presence ?, on itv coverage, anyway.

Would have been nice if the g21 was available in a non-xdrive 6 cyclinder configuration, but I guess engine line up is fixed now.

Man of Honour
The price is in line with everything else really. These cars are just not cheap, like most things.

An M3 Competition Saloon starts at £78,175.​
An M4 Competition Coupe starts at £79,475.​
An M4 Competition Convertible starts at £85,870.​
The M3 Competition Touring starts at £83,470.

So yes, it's quite a bit of a premium, but we're in the £80-90k range regardless of M car model (with a couple of options).

I don't know whether the Touring comes with any extra spec either as standard, that is sometimes the case.
Ultimate pack is £12k I think which is where the £100k comes in.

Man of Honour

It's still a 3 Series, no matter how much more pointlessly fast you make it.

I see no value in this over an M340i at an extra £30k. What does it do that makes it worth it?

Why is 400bhp not sufficient in a 3 Series estate?

Man of Honour
It's still a 3 Series, no matter how much more pointlessly fast you make it.

I see no value in this over an M340i at an extra £30k. What does it do that makes it worth it?

Why is 400bhp not sufficient in a 3 Series estate?

I understand that point, but it’s a full fat M car and they come at a premium.

Back
Top Bottom