• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D Cache Eight Core 4.5GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail - Go Go Go xD

Caporegime
Not sure it is CPU bound as this is what im getting at 1080p with a 3080.

Screenshot-237.png

Here is 1080p lowest settings

Screenshot-238.png

Ok so now i'm starting to think something is wrong with mine......

Associate
If it's the full version off steam, then they will have the same version. If it's the demo version, it'll have a diff build and score differently as well.

Anyway, it's been mentioned many times before but it's CPU game average you want to compare at 1080p lowest not the overall...

Caporegime
If it's the full version off steam, then they will have the same version. If it's the demo version, it'll have a diff build and score differently as well.

Anyway, it's been mentioned many times before but it's CPU game average you want to compare at 1080p lowest not the overall...
Its the demo vertion so that might explain my lower score.

Soldato
Is that an all core overclock?

Mine isn't far off those results though it seems everyone has a different build of the game :p
UbDQh37.jpg
It's using curve optimizer -20 with a +100 core boost offset, ram is 3800/16 with tuned subs which I imagine makes a bit of difference when heavily CPU bound. This is also the steam version btw.

Soldato
Can I play? Here's a 1080P lowest run i did on my 5800X3D and the 6900 XTXH, CPU limited even with the 5800X3D.
6MObAi7.png
That's interesting as all I hear is people saying the CPU's are way ahead and who needs more than a 6 core CPU. Seems like we need more of everything, come to think of it hasn't it always been that way? ;)

Soldato
Can I play? Here's a 1080P lowest run i did on my 5800X3D and the 6900 XTXH, CPU limited even with the 5800X3D.
6MObAi7.png

Definitely something funky going on with my setup as my Minimum CPU is 210 to your 277 and my Average CPU is 324 to your 411, I have a fresh install of Windows fully updated, Latest chip set driver, Latest GPU driver, Everything set correctly.
I'm thinking it must have something to do with MSI's bios as the CPU clocks and GPU usage are not what they should be.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Definitely something funky going on with my setup as my Minimum CPU is 210 to your 277 and my Average CPU is 324 to your 411, I have a fresh install of Windows fully updated, Latest chip set driver, Latest GPU driver, Everything set correctly.
I'm thinking it must have something to do with MSI's bios as the CPU clocks and GPU usage are not what they should be.
Disable SMT will boost score. Also my memory was tightly tuned and running at 3952Mhz CL14.

Soldato
Disable SMT will boost score. Also my memory was tightly tuned and running at 3952Mhz CL14.

It's not just your numbers though, My rig, 5800X3d + 6950XT, Falls short of most reviewers numbers too and I have no clue why, I know tuned ram is a factor, I currently ave 3600MHz CL16, But this is like the system is being held back in a big way and it's mega confusing :D

Caporegime
It's not just your numbers though, My rig, 5800X3d + 6950XT, Falls short of most reviewers numbers too and I have no clue why, I know tuned ram is a factor, I currently ave 3600MHz CL16, But this is like the system is being held back in a big way and it's mega confusing :D
Start a conversation if you fancy doing some debug.

Soldato
Start a conversation if you fancy doing some debug.

Will do tomorrow once I have various things at home sorted, Oddly enough though on the subject of SMT, There is no option to disable it in the MSI bios :confused: Maybe they thought people wouldn't want to disable it for benching reasons.

EDIT

Nevermind for some reason MSI hid it in the search menu.

EDIT

Well that gained me a total 5% extra performance, I'm stumped, The only 2 things it can be are either my 3600MHz CL16 vs your 3900MHz CL14 making up that fairly huge chunk or MSI borked something with their latest bios update.

Last edited:
Soldato
Try this BIOS update not exactly sure myself what it does but looks like some sort of performance enhancer with various levels.

Appreciated but my mobo is currently not supported, I'll wait for the official likely in a few weeks, In my case I think the performance discrepency is purely down to memory speed and timings.

Soldato
Probably a silly question but is there any way to keep the clocks pegged at their boost without dropping down a few hundred MHz ? At my native res of 3840x1600 the clocks go as low as 2GHz sometimes.

On Intel you can force it but on AMD the clocks seem to go up and down pretty randomly which does make a difference to performance, Especially in game benchmarks.

In games for example on a 12900K I can see all cores stuck at 4.90GHz, With the 5800X3D in the same game, Division 2 in this instance, Maybe 1 or 2 cores will boost to around 4.45GHz and the rest will be under 4GHz.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm sure it's a feature to get more out of the chips when all cores aren't saturated and have room to boost thermally and within the power limits. I have the 5800X and you can run a manual all core overclock, not sure if you have that ability with the X3D version but for me that means lower overall clocks that can be achieved otherwise.

I could only get about 4600-4700 max when testing all core clocks and potentially was not even stable. With the standard PBO/CO I can get 4550ish in all core loads but 4850 in other tasks less demanding tasks such as gaming.

Tempted to pick up the X3D but not sure it's worth the outlay considering the dropping value of my 5800X :)

Back
Top Bottom