Siliconslave's how to make espresso thread

Soldato
I haven't looked too much into how to use this, i guess there are various methods but seeing I couldn't get all the way to the rim I put in 75ml first for the bloom, eject that, then seal and put in another 175ml to get 250ml total.
you don't mean you bin it ? - how long does it take to finally all run through ?
apart from slightly more expensive larger filters , why wouldn't you go for an 03, more space if there is any slop that might go over filter edge.

----

had seen this as another brew strategy - very fine meshed tea infuser

The Best Single Serve Pourover Coffee Hack

the simplicity/low heat capacity/cleaning ease/cost appeals - maybe straight into a 300ml double walled glass

Caporegime
you don't mean you bin it ? - how long does it take to finally all run through ?
apart from slightly more expensive larger filters , why wouldn't you go for an 03, more space if there is any slop that might go over filter edge.

----

had seen this as another brew strategy - very fine meshed tea infuser

The Best Single Serve Pourover Coffee Hack

the simplicity/low heat capacity/cleaning ease/cost appeals - maybe straight into a 300ml double walled glass

Basically I did this technique.

Soldato
Does anyone know where to get those bean dosing vials? Alternative ideas for setting out a few doses would be welcome too.

I'd like to have 6 vials prepped with 18g of beans so I'm not faffing pouring and weighing beans between shots.

Caporegime
Does anyone know where to get those bean dosing vials? Alternative ideas for setting out a few doses would be welcome too.

I'd like to have 6 vials prepped with 18g of beans so I'm not faffing pouring and weighing beans between shots.
Etsy.

But Amazon is MUCH cheaper.

Soldato
Thanks @Raymond Lin

I noticed some on Etsy but they tend to be expensive and my last Etsy purchase was poor for the price.

I bought and returned those on the Amazon link as they were a truly terrible product.

I'm trying to find the vials on their own, ideally with a screw top. I can make a stand out of some solid worktop offcuts I have. I could possibly also make some covers for the screw lids.

Caporegime
Thanks @Raymond Lin

I noticed some on Etsy but they tend to be expensive and my last Etsy purchase was poor for the price.

I bought and returned those on the Amazon link as they were a truly terrible product.

I'm trying to find the vials on their own, ideally with a screw top. I can make a stand out of some solid worktop offcuts I have. I could possibly also make some covers for the screw lids.
Plastic or glass?

Soldato
Ideally glass with a lid that seals - whether screw top or o-ring type. Not too fussed on de-gassing valve as they won't be unused for long periods of time.

Those tins might be a backup option but I really like how the vials look in a block and think they'd add something to my setup.

Caporegime
well if you want well made ones its got to be weberworkshop, but might cost more than the rest of your setup :D https://weberworkshops.com/collections/coffee-storage

talking of coffee - what are people drinking these days? Any interesting recomendations?

Just bought a bag of these, but still have some Union left, probably a few days so will crack it open by the weekend.

Soldato
hot chocolate throthing process improved dramatically over a month .. small pinch of salt with milk/cocoa/sugar helped flavour

52182734542_4d2293a8fc_c_d.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
Got it today, photo comparing to my V60 (01). I picked up the 02 version of the Switch Brewer so it's a little larger. 03 would be huge for 1 person and probably not large enough for 2 mugs.

I'm pretty tempted by the 03 (I have big mugs) but its a hell of a jump in price! - clever dripper has started to leak (after praising its longevity) and while I could just get replacement seals...

Caporegime
I'm pretty tempted by the 03 (I have big mugs) but its a hell of a jump in price! - clever dripper has started to leak (after praising its longevity) and while I could just get replacement seals...

It is, it's £85 for the large one. I paid £53 for the 02. The base is the same, only difference is the Glass funnel...which is removable. So you could put a origami in there.

02 is fine, if you have large mug, you can always just do it in 2 phases. Like make the bloom phase with more water, like 150ml, then eject that and then fill to brim (which is about 250ml) again. You will end up with 400ml coffee. Yes the 2nd bit is weaker but it's all in the same cup anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom