Stupid school rules your school had

Caporegime
Boys and girls weren't allowed to talk to each other. The girls had to wear ankle-length skirts or be sent home. The boys had to paint the school building in their holidays.

I could go on but I won't.

I: "He went to the other place, Monty."

Monty: "Oh you went to Eton?"

[The cat reappears on I's chair.]

Monty: "Get that damned little swine out of here!"

It's all too terrible to contemplate at such an hour.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I went to Queens County School in Fenton, Stoke in the 90s, so basically there were no rules. But the teachers did set up "victorian class" on stage once a week and the very threat of a cane whack was enough to reduce some boys to actual tears!

Caporegime

mrk, you monster, you closed the school​

EstablishmentQueen's Primary School​

URN: 124005

Community school
Download establishment data
This establishment closed on 31 August 2005. View details of linked establishments

Legal duty to provide governance information​

More details

There is no governance information for this establishment

Support links​

All content is available under the Open Government Licence v3.0, except where otherwise stated
v 1.1.22178.1
© Crown copyright

Caporegime
There was a gap in the hedges at the back of the PE changing hut. Always went through this gap. One time the teacher caught me on the other side of the road. I said I am off the school grounds now, cant tell me off.

How's that magical boundary rule you made up supposed to work in a school that micromanages the direction you can travel within school grounds?

You're still in your school PE kit no? I remember getting in trouble for being rowdy on the bus on the way to school aged 11... some old woman was glaring at us for most of the journey (it didn't help that one kid has been pushed and stumbled down the aisle and trod on her foot too!). turned out she was a "personal friend" of head of our year, she came into school having remembered our faces and then gone through the yearbook full of passport photos and identified all of us... we got so much grief for it because there have been prior warnings in assembly about kids mucking around on the bus on the way to school; multiple detentions.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Fond memories from that school :D

Memories come flashing back now...

L3TFqGk.jpg

The yellow X is the top of the hill before the park where I'd ride my BMX and then freewheel down and see how fast I could go before having to slow down for cars. Risky times those but lots of fun.

The yellow circle is where I once poked a cat with a stick (mentioned in another thread a while back).

The X is also where I bought my 2nd car, a Honda Civic 1.5 from my uncle who lived behind where the camera is looking from in that streetview.

The blue smiley face is where my dad picked us up in his Volvo 360 (AKA THE TANK) one day after school and I noticed TEENAGE MUTANT HERO TURTLES for the NES on the back seat. I was confused because we didn't have a NES as far as I knew.... Until we got home and saw a NES console box on the floor and a NES set up on the TV:

gp0f0XX.jpg

Also that alleyway behind the camera was where we'd get chased by the rough lot, I'd also haul ass in the BMX down there as it's downhill and you could get some sick speed.

Good times.

Caporegime
Forgot your pe kit?
Vest and pants! :D

I'll always remember the kid with the skid!

The good ol days!

Oh one poor kid forgot his trunks for swimming, he was told to jump in his boxers... they were white and basically turned kinda transparent as soon as they got wet, the entire class was in hysterics, kid was distraught/embarrassed, boomer teacher just got angry and told him to man up and everyone else to stop being immature.

Caporegime
Oh one poor kid forgot his trunks for swimming, he was told to jump in his boxers... they were white and basically turned kinda transparent as soon as they got wet, the entire class was in hysterics, kid was distraught/embarrassed, boomer teacher just got angry and told him to man up and everyone else to stop being immature.
Did this happen recently to you, when 'boomer' was a word that existed and was commonly used?

Soldato
Did anyone else have to sell sweets at break time? In our school once per year we were given a load of haribo or the equivalent back then. And on our break we were supposed to setup a stall and sell them. Was only ever once per person. I remember thinking why are we doing this?

Caporegime

L3TFqGk.jpg

The yellow X is the top of the hill before the park where I'd ride my BMX and then freewheel down and see how fast I could go before having to slow down for cars. Risky times those but lots of fun.

The yellow circle is where I once poked a cat with a stick (mentioned in another thread a while back).

The X is also where I bought my 2nd car, a Honda Civic 1.5 from my uncle who lived behind where the camera is looking from in that streetview.

The blue smiley face is where my dad picked us up in his Volvo 360 (AKA THE TANK) one day after school and I noticed TEENAGE MUTANT HERO TURTLES for the NES on the back seat. I was confused because we didn't have a NES as far as I knew.... Until we got home and saw a NES console box on the floor and a NES set up on the TV:

gp0f0XX.jpg

Also that alleyway behind the camera was where we'd get chased by the rough lot, I'd also haul ass in the BMX down there as it's downhill and you could get some sick speed.

Good times.

Every word a sermon in itself.

TORTLE ^w^

Permabanned

L3TFqGk.jpg

gp0f0XX.jpg

Good times.

Nintendooooooooo 64444444444444

Man of Honour
No British Bulldog
We had similar. It was favourite game of most kids until they banned it.

"Bundling" was also banned at the same time - this was when one kid pointed at another and shouted "bundle!"" and the whole school ran over and jumped on top of them. I can kind of understand why that one was banned.

Catapults were banned at one point.

"chicken" was banned - where you would be challenged to furiously rub a coin across the back of your hand until it bled.

Putting acid in the science teachers lunch roll was banned at one point, after someone put acid in the science teachers lunch roll.

The music teacher was banned from the school after being arrested for groping girls.

Soldato
OP
How's that magical boundary rule you made up supposed to work in a school that micromanages the direction you can travel within school grounds?

You're still in your school PE kit no? I remember getting in trouble for being rowdy on the bus on the way to school aged 11... some old woman was glaring at us for most of the journey (it didn't help that one kid has been pushed and stumbled down the aisle and trod on her foot too!). turned out she was a "personal friend" of head of our year, she came into school having remembered our faces and then gone through the yearbook full of passport photos and identified all of us... we got so much grief for it because there have been prior warnings in assembly about kids mucking around on the bus on the way to school; multiple detentions.
The teacher wanted me to get back to school to get changed back into my uniform for me to get changed again 10 mins later.

I remember it was the day we broke up for Easter.

I’m sure the teachers wanted to leave earlier that day.

Back
Top Bottom