LG 42-inch OLED

R3X

R3X

Soldato
The C2 is a great screen, but all the 'smart' stuff kinda spoils it if you just want to use it as a monitor.

You can turn off some of the stuff, rough guide here

You can also set the Lg quick access, so lets say button 2 can be set for hdmi 1 PC input. Then when its off you can hold down button number 2 for few secs and let go and it just switches on TV straight to PC input, no menus, adverts, home screens or anything just directly switches on to Pc screen or your assigned source.

Associate
I'm a bit miffed now, I think I paid about 1200 for mine... ah well, you pay your money and take your chances, lol!
There is always deals and it is a chance to when you buy stuff. And it always seem typical that as soon as you do buy it that there is a better deal just around the corner. By holding out hoping to get a good one you risk waiting for a while. I guess it is all about how much your willing to wait for something.

I have been fighting the urge to order a different monitor because the one I ordered is not due till October. This gets harder as more and more people post deals like the one above.

Soldato
Oh for sure! I totally agree, you pay your money and take your chances. It's how it goes.

I'm just watching ong bak 2... My god... This screen just continues to blow my mind. I'm running it from the PC, and I think it's only an HD 1080 file...

I'm guessing it's doing some 'up scaling' jiggery pokery... But it's a seriously impressive screen.. It's literally off the freaking hook... I don't know how else to describe it.

Last edited:

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Many paid 1.3k and 1.4K early February, think it was Curries that did the 200 off promo which tempted a lot of people around here.

But yeah don't think anyone expected it to be sub 1K, which is the price I believe hdtvtest suggested it should be.

Id guess the price goes back to 1.2-1.3k on Wednesday, still worth every penny imo.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Discusses and shows you how to disable TPC and GRC the auto static dimming and discusses the reasons behind it. Interesting video and just came out yesterday.

Associate
I wasn't aware this had no display port connection, have to wait until tomorrow for 120hz, shows you what an impulse buy it was.
I did a similar thing, my 3080 Fe only has one HDMI connector and was using for my htc vive, luckily had a mini DP to full DP cable to use on it. I did get a DP 1.4 to HDMI 2.1 cable that was supposed to do 4k 120hz but it kept cutting out and got quite hot as well so returned it.

Soldato
I did a similar thing, my 3080 Fe only has one HDMI connector and was using for my htc vive, luckily had a mini DP to full DP cable to use on it. I did get a DP 1.4 to HDMI 2.1 cable that was supposed to do 4k 120hz but it kept cutting out and got quite hot as well so returned it.

I bought this one, need the adapter as i have a meshlicious with the cable coming out the bottom.

Associate
I've got a Samsung G7 odyssey 32" 1440p curved monitor, this C2 looks just the business at this price. If I used an xbox series x on this, it checks the box with 120hz (xboxs maximum) and the resolution, how does a 1440p game look on this. An xbox series x cant handle 4k smoothly, so choosing a lower resolution would have to be the case?

Associate
I've got a Samsung G7 odyssey 32" 1440p curved monitor, this C2 looks just the business at this price. If I used an xbox series x on this, it checks the box with 120hz (xboxs maximum) and the resolution, how does a 1440p game look on this. An xbox series x cant handle 4k smoothly, so choosing a lower resolution would have to be the case?
I am a little confused. The Xbox Series X was built for 4K. The Series S was built for 1440p.
The Xbox on certain games will allow you to pick between 4K @60hz or 4K @120hz. You then have a choice to pick between quality mode or performance mode.

Also why would you buy a native 4K monitor and then switch to use it at 1440p. It would look really bad. If you can’t run 4K on your PC then don’t buy a 4K TV for it.

Soldato
Another thing I forgot with these dang OLED TV's is it precludes me from being able to see my BIOS POST screen. That is super frustrating and basically means I need to keep some sort of backup monitor around. Has anyone found a way around these LG TV's not displaying BIOS screens?
On my main PC the BIOS screen will go to my display port connected monitor if it's turned on and if off the BIOS comes up on the CX. On my old X99 system it comes up on the CX regardless, not sure if there's any BIOS setting affecting this.

Associate
I am a little confused. The Xbox Series X was built for 4K. The Series S was built for 1440p.
The Xbox on certain games will allow you to pick between 4K @60hz or 4K @120hz. You then have a choice to pick between quality mode or performance mode.

Also why would you buy a native 4K monitor and then switch to use it at 1440p. It would look really bad. If you can’t run 4K on your PC then don’t buy a 4K TV for it.
Thanks soz yes it would be for the xbox series x , 4k is supported on the xbox x but I will not compromise in any slow down in Fallout etc. Can this monitor do 120hs in 4k?

Back
Top Bottom