Summer Transfer Window 22/23

Don
Lmao, you just bring it up multiple times but you're not holding anything against me. You also strawman and then have the nerve to claim that I don't debate in good faith. I never figured you were a hypocrite too :D How about we get back to transfers?
I don't hold it against you but if you're going to make snide remarks then you have to accept others can do so too. You got defensive when I criticised Utd are rather than debate the point sensibly you tried to be a smart ass with your 2-4 signings comment. Your line that you simply mentioned it because that's how many transfers you think Utd will make this summer shows that you weren't debating in good faith because it has 0 relevance to the point I made.

But yes, lets talk about transfers.

Caporegime
I don't hold it against you but if you're going to make snide remarks then you have to accept others can do so too. You got defensive when I criticised Utd are rather than debate the point sensibly you tried to be a smart ass with your 2-4 signings comment. Your line that you simply mentioned it because that's how many transfers you think Utd will make this summer shows that you weren't debating in good faith because it has 0 relevance to the point I made.

But yes, lets talk about transfers.

I think you've misunderstood posts Baz, that wasn't intended to be a snide remark. So now you're going to claim that you intentionally straw-manned and trolled to just get me back, is that it?

Don
I think you've misunderstood posts Baz, that wasn't intended to be a snide remark. So now you're going to claim that you intentionally straw-manned and trolled to just get me back, is that it?
I didn't say the 2-4 signing comment was snide, the "oh spending £x is not making fundamental changes, that's impressive" line was. And you saying I made a strawman argument doesn't make it so. I've argued that City didn't need to make fundamental changes to their side as a result of changing manager where as Utd will have to. I'm not sure that pointing out all the times you've got defensive of people being critical of Utd is trolling either.

But you said you wanted to get back to transfers too ;)

Caporegime
I didn't say the 2-4 signing comment was snide, the "oh spending £x is not making fundamental changes, that's impressive" line was. And you saying I made a strawman argument doesn't make it so. I've argued that City didn't need to make fundamental changes to their side as a result of changing manager where as Utd will have to. I'm not sure that pointing out all the times you've got defensive of people being critical of Utd is trolling either.

But you said you wanted to get back to transfers too ;)
So can you show me where I made the claims that you claim I made then? Because you just avoided it before. Or do you just want to get the last word in ;)

Baz you claimed that a side that spent just under 500m's only significant change was their goalkeeper. That pretty much deserved a shocked response.

Don
So can you show me where I made the claims that you claim I made then? Because you just avoided it before. Or do you just want to get the last word in ;)

Baz you claimed that a side that spent just under 500m's only significant change was their goalkeeper. That pretty much deserved a shocked response.
What claim would you like me to back up?

And come on Shami, this is what I mean not arguing in good faith. You know full well that the basis for the City side that won the title was there before Pep - yes they spent loads of money after but the majority of the spine of that side was the same. City will end up spending many hundreds of millions in various 2 year cycles but the fundamentals of that side won't be transformed.

But yea, we're just going to go round in circles here so that's all from me.

Don
I remember when Twitter was actually useful for football news but the amount of wannabe journalists spouting absolute tosh is just insufferable now. Apparently we never even bid for Mo Camara and Tyler Adams was always our number 1 target, KP replacement. We are turning into a right soccer team!

Caporegime
I remember when Twitter was actually useful for football news but the amount of wannabe journalists spouting absolute tosh is just insufferable now. Apparently we never even bid for Mo Camara and Tyler Adams was always our number 1 target, KP replacement. We are turning into a right soccer team!

It's still pretty useful if you follow the right people, like anything where humans gather you need to wade through the ****!

When are you just going to rename the club Redbull Leeds? :p

Don
It's still pretty useful if you follow the right people, like anything where humans gather you need to wade through the ****!

When are you just going to rename the club Redbull Leeds? :p
Yeah it’s getting a bit silly but if they’re good why not!

Twitter doesn’t just show my followed users now, it shows things that they think I might like so it’s just a clusterF of rumours. :(

Pet Northerner
Don
Yeah it’s getting a bit silly but if they’re good why not!

Twitter doesn’t just show my followed users now, it shows things that they think I might like so it’s just a clusterF of rumours. :(
I'm hating that too. There must be a way to turn it off without manually telling twitter to **** off every time?

Try this:

1. At the top of the feed click the three stars and set to latest tweets only.
2. Go to Settings > Privacy & Safety > Ad Preferences > Interests (https://twitter.com/settings/your_twitter_data/twitter_interests)
3. Open the developer tab (f12 for chrome) and go to the console sub-tab
4. Paste in either:

$$('input:checked').forEach( (w) => { w.click() } ); console.log('done');

OR

var timer=100;document.querySelectorAll("div > input[type='checkbox']:checked").forEach((interest) => {setTimeout(function(){interest.click()},timer);timer+=2000;});

And press return to execute, it'll loop over that huge list and untick all the things it thinks you may be interested in.

Last edited:
Don
Try this:

1. At the top of the feed click the three stars and set to latest tweets only.
2. Go to Settings > Privacy & Safety > Ad Preferences > Interests (https://twitter.com/settings/your_twitter_data/twitter_interests)
3. Open the developer tab (f12 for chrome) and go to the console sub-tab
4. Paste in either:

$$('input:checked').forEach( (w) => { w.click() } ); console.log('done');
OR
var timer=100;document.querySelectorAll("div > input[type='checkbox']:checked").forEach((interest) => {setTimeout(function(){interest.click()},timer);timer+=2000;});

And press return to execute, it'll loop over that huge list and untick all the things it thinks you may be interested in.

Happy to try this but I assume what I do on my PC won't copy to my phone as thats the only time I browse Twitter

Back
Top Bottom